[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

39 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I've seen other reports of this - it might have been in the hiring facility mod.  It's apparently related to UI scaling from what I remember.  @goldenpsp, do you have your UI scaled to less than 100%?

Yes I just checked and my game had defaulted to 90% scaling.  Setting it to 100% fixed that issue.

14 minutes ago, Kerbital said:

RoverDude, thank you for your continuing work on improving KSP! However, this mod looks totally overwhelming for my brain. Can I just use the parts for tinkering around? Cheers!

For the most part, yes.  If you don't install LS, you can ignore the effects of pretty much everything else.  (Well, the hiring screen will change, and you'll have some different types of Kerbals.  Also, nearby ships may share resources with each other when needed.)

The effects will still be there, but if you don't use them you won't notice them much.

Wrote a new Rock CRP cfg for PRing that takes into account planetary and biome geology (so icy planets areas will have less, if any, rock)-I'm not sure why I'm so hyped for this, given the limited uses of Rock (aside from mass drivers, they're awesome).

1 minute ago, TauPhraim said:

Nope but I can tell you mine starts, so you know cars in general aren't broken. I hope that helps ...

That's because I gave about as much useful information about my car as you did about the cradle legs...

6 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

That's because I gave about as much useful information about my car as you did about the cradle legs...

But I gave you information about cars, while you gave me only sarcasm. Still I guess I should have detailled (even if cradles "had one job"...): I click on "deploy" and nothing happens. It has been so forever for me, hence why I suspect a global or at least known problem.

1 minute ago, TauPhraim said:

But I gave you information about cars, while you gave me only sarcasm. Still I guess I should have detailled (even if cradles "had one job"...): I click on "deploy" and nothing happens. It has been so forever for me, hence why I suspect a global or at least known problem.

Well actually I had given you more information about my car issue, that it won't start vs just saying it doesn't work.  It was just a more fun way to point out the obvious issue that you felt the need to post with zero details.

But I digress.  My cradles don't have a "deploy" button.  They have 4 buttons, one to raise/lower each leg.  that being said they seem to flicker when i lower but not actually lower.

5 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Well actually I had given you more information about my car issue, that it won't start vs just saying it doesn't work.  It was just a more fun way to point out the obvious issue that you felt the need to post with zero details.

But I digress.  My cradles don't have a "deploy" button.  They have 4 buttons, one to raise/lower each leg.  that being said they seem to flicker when i lower but not actually lower.

That button only works if you set the deploy limit lower than 100

2 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Now we're progressing, after nitpicking uselessly on words. Now I finally know that someone else has the same problem :) I'm really sorry that my lack of walls of text failed to trigger recognizion by you that I was talking about the single feature of the cradle, which incidentally happen to fail on your end too.

Just now, TauPhraim said:

Now we're progressing, after nitpicking uselessly on words. Now I finally know that someone else has the same problem :) I'm really sorry that my lack of walls of text failed to trigger recognizion by you that I was talking about the single feature of the cradle, which incidentally happen to fail on your end too.

It doesn't fail, you just have to adjust the deploy limit slider first.

19 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

It doesn't fail, you just have to adjust the deploy limit slider first.

On my list of 'track this down sometime when I have time...' issues: Does it deploy correctly then?  For me, if I hit the button the leg will *immediately* extend full-length, and then retract to wherever the slider is set.  This makes it functionally worthless, as trying to adjust the height just means you'll flip your craft.  :wink:

(But as I said: I wouldn't be surprised if this was some interaction with the hundreds of mods I run, and it hasn't bugged me enough to track it down.)

Kinda with @goldenpsp on this one.  Given the number of requests, better specificity when asking a question saves everyone time.  

I have had no issue with the legs - you set their deploy limit individually.  They use exactly the same part module as stock does to handle cargo ramps.

27 minutes ago, DStaal said:

On my list of 'track this down sometime when I have time...' issues: Does it deploy correctly then?  For me, if I hit the button the leg will *immediately* extend full-length, and then retract to wherever the slider is set.  This makes it functionally worthless, as trying to adjust the height just means you'll flip your craft.  :wink:

(But as I said: I wouldn't be surprised if this was some interaction with the hundreds of mods I run, and it hasn't bugged me enough to track it down.)

I'm not sure If I am seeing that.  But the legs do seem to deploy pretty fast.  That coupled with having to lower each leg individually creates some funny flipping moments testing on minmus.  I have the best success adjusting the legs slowly with the slider and ignore the buttons.

11 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

I'm not sure If I am seeing that.  But the legs do seem to deploy pretty fast.  That coupled with having to lower each leg individually creates some funny flipping moments testing on minmus.  I have the best success adjusting the legs slowly with the slider and ignore the buttons.

Yea just use the sliders and you'll be fine