[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

26 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

How do I restore the Kerbol system, in orbit around Kerbol, to stock planets?

A) Why would you want to do that? Either way, I can't stop you.

B) Not downloading the KSS_Extended_Kerbol folder in github should do the trick. If you have it already in Gamedata, just remove it from the KSS folder.

C) If that isn't exactly what you want, you could start deleting the config files for each of the stock planets. This should keep them from being improved by Kopernicus.

Edited by Gyrfalcon5

1 minute ago, Gyrfalcon5 said:

A) Why would you want to do that? Either way, I can't stop you.

B) Not downloading the KSS_Extended_Kerbol folder in github should do the trick. If you have it already in Gamedata, just remove it from the KSS folder.

So that wont do something weird, like having Kerbin orbit the All?

2 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

So that wont do something weird, like having Kerbin orbit the All?

If you haven't read my edit, please do so. Otherwise, if the planets DO end up like that, instead of just deleting the config files, you'll instead have to go into them and delete everything except their orbital parameters and maybe their science values too.

Edited by Gyrfalcon5
Autocorrect, you son of a *****

2 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

You're talking about KSS/Kopernicus files/vanilla planets?

Anything else I would need to delete?

Not anything I know of, but I will warn you that this may result in your game self-destructing. Please back up your saves in case something goes hay-wire. 

Just now, Rakaydos said:

Moving the Vanilla Planets folder out of that pathway caused Kopernicus to fail to load.

Hmmmm, it worked for me when I did this with a few planets... Consult @StarCrusher96 for more details; he 101% guaranteed to be more adept at Kopernicus/KSS's inner workings than I.

1 hour ago, Rakaydos said:

How do I restore the Kerbol system, in orbit around Kerbol, to stock planets?

That's just not an option ... And too complicated to explain. You'd need to delete stuff inside the cfg's, preventing the stock bodies to orbit the All (original sun).

I've said this a few times, if you don't like the changes to the stock system. Just don't use KSS. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

Just now, StarCrusher96 said:

That's just not an option ... And too complicated to explain. You'd need to delete stuff inside the folders, preventing the stock bodies to orbit the All (original sun).

I've said this a few times, if you don't like the changes to the stock system. Just don't use KSS. 

And my reply stands- not everyone who wants interstellar flight wants 1/10th scale RSS.

7 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

And my reply stands- not everyone who wants interstellar flight wants 1/10th scale RSS.

Look for another mod or make your own.

If you don't like the scale, that's your problem tbh. I made KSS in my vision, and I share it with everyone who wants to use it.

Learn how to edit cfg's. It isn't very difficult.

----

From the KSS wiki:

Spoiler

Inconsiderable (Please Read Before Requesting Features) 

• Replacing the home system with other planet packs. (If you want this then ask the other planet pack to write a compatibility patch for this).
  • Compatibility with RSS
  • For the last time, replacing or changing KSS Basic (the Kerbol System) in any way to resemble stock KSP will never happen! If anything, being unsatisfied with the changes made is an insult to the developers. If you do not like the upgraded Kerbol System (an integral part of the character of KSS) then do not use the mod.
  • Non-analogues to the Kerbol System (except for moons of Hypat)
  • Lore compatibility with other planet packs. KSS will not be dependent with other planet pack mods.
  • Analogue for Nemesis

Edited by StarCrusher96

18 minutes ago, Bonbo said:

Since the 0.8 update is on the horizon, if I update KSS and KSP to the 1.4 versions ( Which I am planning on doing ) will my career progress be saved?

Thanks for replying in advance

https://imgur.com/a/aiRqz2G

Some screenshots I took that I thought were cool

Yes, your progress will be saved just like any other update. However, as always when updating, make a backup.

Edited by Saltshaker

8 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

If you delete the folder, there should be no Eve at all? 

The game loads

I rarely if ever experience crashes, only lag (but not too much)

7 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

It’s not RSS!!!!!!!!

22 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Look for another mod or make your own.

If you don't like the scale, that's your problem tbh. I made KSS in my vision, and I share it with everyone who wants to use it.

Learn how to edit cfg's. It isn't very difficult.

----

From the KSS wiki:

Hide contents

Inconsiderable (Please Read Before Requesting Features) 

• Replacing the home system with other planet packs. (If you want this then ask the other planet pack to write a compatibility patch for this).
  • Compatibility with RSS
  • For the last time, replacing or changing KSS Basic (the Kerbol System) in any way to resemble stock KSP will never happen! If anything, being unsatisfied with the changes made is an insult to the developers. If you do not like the upgraded Kerbol System (an integral part of the character of KSS) then do not use the mod.
  • Non-analogues to the Kerbol System (except for moons of Hypat)
  • Lore compatibility with other planet packs. KSS will not be dependent with other planet pack mods.
  • Analogue for Nemesis

Would I have your permission to fork your mod, for the purpose of implementing a stock system?

13 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

I wanna see if I can do a kerbalism interstellar mission with this

I don't believe kerbalism works with KSS currently- and there isn't a working 1.3.1 release of kerbalism- but it looks promising for later releases of both.  For now, there are plenty of other life support mods that do fine with it - I personally go for kerbalhealth (adds considerations for long voyages like microgravity and radiation) along with a supply mod like snacks or TAC

EDIT: There is a recently updated backport of the 1.4.x Kerbalism to 1.3.1, but it doesn't work with the extra stars yet.  I can't speak to moving KSC, but I suspect (if possible) it involves some .cfg work and kopernicus magic on your end

Edited by Maffif