Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

This picture on reddit titled Viraat/Hermes whereas the picture is actually of Vikrant/Hercules.  Viraat can still be saved from scappies but no-one who cares has the money.

On 5/25/2017 at 11:08 AM, adsii1970 said:

snip Some moron student just emailed me asking if she were to do extra credit if I would consider changing her grade...

Um...

NO...

Poor kid. Probably now off cowering in a corner somewhere in her safe space.

42 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Poor kid. Probably now off cowering in a corner somewhere in her safe space.

Yeah, I guess that on our campus, I am one of the reasons why students need "safe spaces"...

3 hours ago, Kokoro said:

This picture on reddit titled Viraat/Hermes whereas the picture is actually of Vikrant/Hercules.  Viraat can still be saved from scappies but no-one who cares has the money.

This old lady got such an important history of active service. I understood maintaining them in a good shape for museum can be terribly expensive but to keep at least one unit of a class should be considered more important than what peoples are thinking.

Personally I still consider the fact that we kept the Redoutable, FloreArgonaute and Espadon SS/SSBN as a miracle. The last time I went to visit the Maillé-Brézé destroyer at Nantes she was not in a good external shape. And what we did to the Colbert CG is just shameful.

27 minutes ago, XB-70A said:

This old lady got such an important history of active service. I understood maintaining them in a good shape for museum can be terribly expensive but to keep at least one unit of a class should be considered more important than what peoples are thinking.

Personally I still consider the fact that we kept the Redoutable, FloreArgonaute and Espadon SS/SSBN as a miracle. The last time I went to visit the Maillé-Brézé destroyer at Nantes she was not in a good external shape. And what we did to the Colbert CG is just shameful.

I got to see Argonaute last year, just a walk around, not inside unfortunately.  It was on my to-do list when I went to Paris.

Yeah, it isnt just the buying of these vessels.  It is finding a berth for them and having a business plan so they can generate enough income to be maintained.  This was Vikrant's problem, it had deteriorated a lot aparently.

prva-indijska-letalonosilka-INS-Vikrant-

It's interesting, both Viraat (as Hermes) and Vikrant both had battle honors yet it hasn't been enough for them to be preserved.

Vikrant, was a Colossus/Majestic Class.  16 built, serving in 8 navys, 0 preserved.  Not even a piece.

It is impractical to conserve them all but none does seem such a shame.

Foch/Sao Paulo is up for scrap too.  Ocean may join them in a few years.

51 minutes ago, Kokoro said:

I got to see Argonaute last year, just a walk around, not inside unfortunately.  It was on my to-do list when I went to Paris.

I went to the museum about three times now. Her condition still was pretty good the last time in 2014, and I found her really interesting to discover how hard the condition onboard were. Even as an after-War submarine it still was a "classic" one.

But my biggest disappointment was what they made to the Colbert guided-missiles cruiser. We should never had give her to the city of Bordeaux. Nearly immediately after she was docked to what was supposed to be her resting place some groups of different inhabitants were created, with one named "Destroy the Colbert", simply because she now was "spoiling the view from their apartments". Not enough incomes and the bad will from the city simply finish to kill her. She now is roasting in the bay of Brest with other ships from the navy waiting to be dismantled or sink as targets.

50 minutes ago, Kokoro said:

Vikrant, was a Colossus/Majestic Class.  16 built, serving in 8 navys, 0 preserved.  Not even a piece.

It is impractical to conserve them all but none does seem such a shame.

Foch/Sao Paulo is up for scrap too.  Ocean may join them in a few years.

I was about to use them as an exemple in my first post. We already talked about them previously for the fate of Sao Paulo, so many of them having served all around world and none being preserved is a shame...

I'm on vacation and there was one of those rare moments when I can use the internet, so I decided to check on my Minecraft factions base.

It had been raided.

I know I shouldn't be that upset, but I am... :(

I didn't even get to finish it!

Notes to self:

• Find a better factions server. Rexcraftia isn't the best.
  • Build a smaller base.
  • Build base under a far-flung ocean biome, or out in the end (Rexcraftia doesn't have an end. Don't return to rexcraftia!).
  • Friendly signs saying "Oh, hello raider! Welcome to my base!" don't help.
  • Even if you have junk in your chests, it will all get taken.
  • Don't be the only person in the faction.

well it had to happen someday...

people are patronizing my space lovingness

I was walking slowly in a crowded hallway (a notable factor of the wild @StupidAndy is that you must take the most annoying path in the most annoying way at the most annoying time) a teacher (who was right behind me) "you'll never get to space walking like that"

and some girls apparently wanted me to "ask someone out" (whatever that means) and they would pay me "space money" if I did it

please don't patronize me...

people are mixing up open and closed minded in my school

and they're calling ME closed minded

someone SAVE ME!!!! I CAN'T LIVE WITH THESE IDIOTS ANYMORE!!

oh _______, in English we were presenting stories we wrote, and I read mine, and since (well I'm kind of weird, I'm apparently actually LIKED in this class due to my outlandish stories full of crazy and kakooko (and also take forever)) I finished mine, I wanted to read another one of my stories, (the BegoBagi....Bazookaboof conundrum (here)) but the teacher didn't allow me, I wanted to read my, I don't know the word, something about SpaceX, but the teacher also said no, nobody else wanted to go, and we started chanting " @StupidAndy, @StupidAndy, @StupidAndy!" to try to get me to read it, but the teacher still said no, she said "lets read something that won't take 10 minutes" and the time we spent discussing it was longer then 10 minutes, so if I could've just read the story, or the awesome SpaceX powerpoint, everyone would be happy, I would read the story, and everyone else would have wasted 10 minutes. the teacher instead started to ask people about "what they are going to do this summer"

oh and the bright side, TWO MORE DAYS OF SCHOOOOOOOOLLLL!!!!

@StupidAndy

Dont sweat it, it sucks, but you'll meet a ton of like minded people when you go to university/college.

(There's many perfectly excellent pathways that dont involve university/college, ofc, but I consider the social aspects of university to be one of the main advantages, you learn a lot.)

On 6/5/2017 at 7:51 PM, StupidAndy said:

well it had to happen someday...

people are patronizing my space lovingness

I was walking slowly in a crowded hallway (a notable factor of the wild @StupidAndy is that you must take the most annoying path in the most annoying way at the most annoying time) a teacher (who was right behind me) "you'll never get to space walking like that"

and some girls apparently wanted me to "ask someone out" (whatever that means) and they would pay me "space money" if I did it

please don't patronize me...

DONT LISTEN TO THE GIRLS. Its the most important thing. In this type of situation, its a bad thing to do. We can talk more in PM if you want. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

DONT LISTEN TO THE GIRLS. Its the most important thing. In this type of situation, its a bad thing to do. We can talk more in PM if you want. 

in my vast knowledge of social interaction

I decided to run away screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

3 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

I decided to run away screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

A very wise decision, it was probably your best option.

On June 5, 2017 at 7:51 PM, StupidAndy said:

teacher (who was right behind me) "you'll never get to space walking like that"

What was the tone of it? 

5 hours ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

DONT LISTEN TO THE GIRLS. Its the most important thing. In this type of situation, its a bad thing to do.

Why?

On June 5, 2017 at 7:39 PM, Ultimate Steve said:

Even if you have junk in your chests, it will all get taken

Hide your most valuable stuff in chests in the walls. You have to have some out with lower quality stuff though or else they might find the other chests. Also build your base underground.

2 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

We had to put my dog down an hour ago. It's a mourning ribbon. ;.;

Oh.

Please accept my condolences.

Edited by qzgy

33 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

We had to put my dog down an hour ago. It's a mourning ribbon. ;.;

Sorry to hear about your dog.

At first glance I would have sworn your avatar was a silhouette of... well something else.

Democracy sucks.

In trying to make everyone happy, it makes nobody happy.

Cant we just find ONE guy. ONE guy who isn't in it for his own gain. And all agree that he's in charge?

Nothing could be worse than perpetual arguing over which of the identical candidates is the devil, followed by an election that gives a non-result that disappoints everybody.

I have heard the term "Benevolent dictator" or "Benign dictator" anecdotally described as the best possible form of government. Rather than having multiple choices and voting, meaning that inevitably, large portion of the population are disappointed, you have one person who makes all the decisions. BUT, they *have* to be impervious to corruption, competent at the machinations of government, and really pretty "good".

And it kinda strikes me as true. But it requires (at least) one truly good and competent person. And Im not sure if there is even one.

Edited by p1t1o