[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion thread

kacperrutka26

Guys, I know this is a discussion thread, but why argue about a colour of a planet? The game its self doesnt need to be realistic, E.g, Minmus: Not realistic because it's not in our solar system and how can it be frozen when it's closer to the sun than kerbin is at times. So the green gas giant can be anything HarvesterR or all the other devs want. Talking of realism, we havent got humans in the game have we? We have green little people that fly rockets for a living.

I like the idea of an intensely green colored gas giant. The images in Novas album are nice but seem a little monotone.

If you google images of Jupiter you'll see that it's not just brown, but multi-colored with different shades of white, brown, orange and gray. Novas green gas giant is well ... just light and dark green, which is nice but compared to Jupiter it seems to lack a lot of detail.

The gas planet's green color is going to be toned down a bit, as well as re-painted with more detail. The blue moon is going to be redone to include continents, instead of tiny islands.

That will be awesome! Now we will have a pandora-style moon!

The atmosphere won't be breatheable, and there isn't going to be any life. The only thing stopping it from being covered in ice (like the second moon) is tidal heating caused by its close orbit to the gas giant and the orbital resonance with the two moons outward from it.

The atmosphere won't be breatheable, and there isn't going to be any life. The only thing stopping it from being covered in ice (like the second moon) is tidal heating caused by its close orbit to the gas giant and the orbital resonance with the two moons outward from it.

This sounds awesome. Will the water be all murky (a similar color to the landscape) or still blue?

I think the green on the gas giant is rather striking and exciting. However Just making it completely green makes it very one dimensional and, one can also argue, quite bland.

I'm throwing out a suggestion that our planets and moons, not just the gas giant, should be more multicolored. As an example, the gas giant can have a color palette stretching from vibrant green, to a yellowish green. a mixture of whitish green can be added. Maybe a sandy yellow to to give it more of an earthy feel.

(I'm an artist, I like colors :) )

Nevermind, at least I can still pretend it can have life! Pandora !!

The gas planet's green color is going to be toned down a bit, as well as re-painted with more detail. The blue moon is going to be redone to include continents, instead of tiny islands.

Good news! Still, a planet made entirely of water would have been pretty sweet. Or even a planet where the oceans are not made of water (like methane, or other weird stuff for example).

Hm, I would prefer Islands because of the bigger challange to land on one. We could have a "Lost" in Space ... ;-)

The other Planets/Moons look briliant on the pix by the way.

Hm, I would prefer Islands because of the bigger challange to land on one. We could have a "Lost" in Space ... ;-)

The other Planets/Moons look briliant on the pix by the way.

That's an awesome idea. And in reply to someone else I think that the gas planet should have bands of yellow-green or yellow-blue. I can't quote the person, replying from my phone.

Even though it won't be added in this version, have you guys planned on what weather patterns and types each planet will have when weather is added?

I don't think you should start that in this thread... sorry, it might cause people talking about something totally different than .17

I think the green on the gas giant is rather striking and exciting. However Just making it completely green makes it very one dimensional and, one can also argue, quite bland.

I'm throwing out a suggestion that our planets and moons, not just the gas giant, should be more multicolored. As an example, the gas giant can have a color palette stretching from vibrant green, to a yellowish green. a mixture of whitish green can be added. Maybe a sandy yellow to to give it more of an earthy feel.

(I'm an artist, I like colors :) )

That's exactly what I was thinking. We need more colors.

Multicolored planets FTW!