Looking for a modder/developer in a joint proyect.

Oscar Kerman

6 hours ago, AceCrafted said:

You may need to be more specific about ur project and what ur looking for

My mistake.

I love KSP. and i was planning about making an immersive responsive music MOD in KSP, I am musical producer and i have my own studio and can do all the music work but i am not a developer.

i know how the things should work to complete my vision of the mod but not how in KSP.

Regards:cool:

1 hour ago, Oscar Kerman said:

My mistake.

I love KSP. and i was planning about making an immersive responsive music MOD in KSP, I am musical producer and i have my own studio and can do all the music work but i am not a developer.

i know how the things should work to complete my vision of the mod but not how in KSP.

Ah, so you are planning on creating the music for it? That's certainly a step above most people coming here with ideas and not work.  :)

I would still say, perhaps start looking up how to create plugins for KSP. Once you learn the basics it's not that hard - just a lot of trial and error. Even if you can't get it working yourself and still need outside programming help, you'll have gotten a start as well as a better understanding of how it would be implemented.

24 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Ah, so you are planning on creating the music for it? That's certainly a step above most people coming here with ideas and not work.  :)

I would still say, perhaps start looking up how to create plugins for KSP. Once you learn the basics it's not that hard - just a lot of trial and error. Even if you can't get it working yourself and still need outside programming help, you'll have gotten a start as well as a better understanding of how it would be implemented.

I would also suggest doing whatever work you do have the skills for and uploading it to a repository on GIthub. If all you have is an idea, then write up a detailed design document that an interested programmer could work from. If you're planning to produce music or other art assets, then work on them or at least create some samples. You could use a strict license so a partner would have to approach you to collaborate, or you could choose a permissive license so your work could be used freely in multiple mods as people take an interest. Yes, it feels like giving up control of your product, but every modder does that already by allowing free downloads of their mods and source code (except as per terms of the license they choose).

10 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

I would also suggest doing whatever work you do have the skills for and uploading it to a repository on GIthub. If all you have is an idea, then write up a detailed design document that an interested programmer could work from. If you're planning to produce music or other art assets, then work on them or at least create some samples. You could use a strict license so a partner would have to approach you to collaborate, or you could choose a permissive license so your work could be used freely in multiple mods as people take an interest. Yes, it feels like giving up control of your product, but every modder does that already by allowing free downloads of their mods and source code (except as per terms of the license they choose).

Thanks for the response, i have experience in Game, OST sountracks but no in programing. i'll be making a Concept video with my vision of the mod. so if any developer/programmer wanna join, i'll be happy. of course i'll be following your advices.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.