SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

4 minutes ago, Nightside said:

Can't say I'm especially excited to watch a static fire, but with SpaceX there is always a pretty good chance a static fire will be a short flight!

I think they're being extra careful this time to make sure the fire is indeed static and not dynamic. That's why we've had a bunch of test scrubs and delays - they really don't want SN5 to meet the same fate as its predecessors.

If we're patient, we should see this one fly :wink:

Edited by RealKerbal3x

I find a lot of this "let's watch a test site" stuff very funny. I've spent enough time being paid to wait while everything comes together to finally do a test. I'm not going to sit around and watch the same paint drying on video.

4 minutes ago, mikegarrison said:

I find a lot of this "let's watch a test site" stuff very funny. I've spent enough time being paid to wait while everything comes together to finally do a test. I'm not going to sit around and watch the same paint drying on video.

It's nice that they have cameras on it in case anything happens, at least. But I agree, for those who don't know: The difference between watching this video and actually participating in an aerospace test is in a real test you occasionally get to press a button or read a number aloud.

4 hours ago, mikegarrison said:

In this case, it's a prerequisite for the hop. The hop will certainly be more entertaining (regardless of outcome).

Since there are "skydiver" versions stacked, my real interest is in seeing more substantial flights.

Edited by tater