SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

On 2/20/2022 at 12:43 PM, Beccab said:

On top of tomorrow's Starlink, NextSpaceflight now lists another Starlink from Vandemberg on the 25th, totaling in 7 flights up until the end of february (2 in january, 3 on the first three days of february and now these two) or one launch behind the target of one per week in 2022.

I saw that! It was cool.

(Completly unrelated but its about SpaceX)

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

:/

Wonder if this means SpaceX is under cyberattack for their involvement in... uh, recent events? Can I even talk about the war?

At any rate, I've seen the prefix "cyber-" pop up a lot more recently and it hasn't gotten any less silly.

26 minutes ago, RyanRising said:

Wonder if this means SpaceX is under cyberattack for their involvement in... uh, recent events?

I think, if they are not yet, they soon will be… and they are extremely aware of this fact. 

Anyone wonder why Musk didn’t want his jet’s location broadcasted around now?

23 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Easier to pressurize? Less slosh/froth? Better Cg?

First one. Doing it without a header tank like in B4 works, but is less efficient and so requires more residuals. B5+ have been decided to have a header tank, trading off less fuel used for landing for more structural mass (probably resulting in less overall mass, but we don't have confirmation of this)

17 hours ago, Piscator said:

I assume this is less about an attack on SpaceX itself and more about keeping the Starlink network operational in regions where someone might want to restrict access to it. Hard to tell from one tweet though.

Yes, that was my assumption. 

Not showing the full original tweet to avoid politics but the crew of Polaris Dawn will take a Ukrainian flag to space with them.

Not sharing my thoughts to keep things from getting "off-topic" but I felt that this was worth at least mentioning as it is technically a payload for the mission.