[1.2.*, 1.3.1, 1.4.1, 1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.7, 1.9] Triple-Z Radio Astronomy Telescope

Loving the challenge of getting this safely into orbit.. Only bugbear is that the contracts seem bugged. It keeps repeating and asking me to send up another Telescope, even though MUN, KERBIN and MINMUS have all now had at least 2 sent their way. It's not the end of the world, but the payout is quite large and it's a bit cheaty to keep sending them into orbit, just to delete them etc....

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@linuxgurugamer Any ideas on how to troubleshoot the contract section of this?  Unlike the post a couple above me I haven't had any contracts related to this mod trigger in my current save. 

The radio telescope is unlocked, but I usually don't launch one until a contract requires it.   Over the weekend realized I've never use it in this save. I've got Contract Configurator, a couple contract packs, Strategia, and a few mods with their own contracts that all seem to work okay.

I started this save in 1.7, currently running 1.9.1, currently on day 233 of year one with most of the tech tree unlocked.

44 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

@linuxgurugamer Any ideas on how to troubleshoot the contract section of this?  Unlike the post a couple above me I haven't had any contracts related to this mod trigger in my current save. 

The radio telescope is unlocked, but I usually don't launch one until a contract requires it.   Over the weekend realized I've never use it in this save. I've got Contract Configurator, a couple contract packs, Strategia, and a few mods with their own contracts that all seem to work okay.

I started this save in 1.7, currently running 1.9.1, currently on day 233 of year one with most of the tech tree unlocked.

Not really.  TBH, I've never used the contract, will have to put it on my list of things to look at

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not really.  TBH, I've never used the contract, will have to put it on my list of things to look at

Thanks, but I don't consider it a priority.  If it keeps bugging me, I'll try digging into what could be wrong.  I just haven't spent much time dealing with contracts.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Appears to conflict with the contract configurator in 1.12.3.   Assigns triple-z contract but does not give credit with the triple-z mod part.  You have to add the phased array transceiver (deployable) which does not require the triple-z mod.  It was very confusing I had to cheat the hell out of my game and lost some science.   I had to cheat the triple-z ship out of orbit.  remove the triple-z mod, then cheat a new ship with the phased array transceiver (deployable) back to orbit.

On 10/17/2023 at 3:10 PM, ctbram said:

Appears to conflict with the contract configurator in 1.12.3.   Assigns triple-z contract but does not give credit with the triple-z mod part.  You have to add the phased array transceiver (deployable) which does not require the triple-z mod.  It was very confusing I had to cheat the hell out of my game and lost some science.   I had to cheat the triple-z ship out of orbit.  remove the triple-z mod, then cheat a new ship with the phased array transceiver (deployable) back to orbit.

Need logs for any help at all.  

Sounds like it might be a different contact, there is nothing in the mod or the CC contacts included with it which mention anything about "phased"

Without any specific info, I can't take this as a legit report, sorry

• 5 months later...

Seems like this mod isn't compatable with system replacement mods like Galileo's Planet Pack or Real Solar System. I've opted to fix the issue for myself (at least with Real Solar System installed), but perhaps a bit of redevelopment is in order to be able to better work with system-replacement mods in general?

Oh, and here's a small snippet that I found within my .log file, which was how I had found this issue in the 1st place:

[LOG 19:00:59.976] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'KerbinOrbitalTelescopeDeployment'
[ERR 19:00:59.982] ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KerbinOrbitalTelescopeDeployment': targetBody: The field 'title' is required in for data node values where 'requiredValue' is true.  Alternatively, the attribute 'hidden' can be set to true (but be careful - this can cause player confusion if all lines for the contract type show as 'Met' and the contract isn't generating).

[ERR 19:00:59.984] ContractConfigurator.OrbitFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KerbinOrbitalTelescopeDeployment', PARAMETER 'LKO' of type 'Orbit': targetBody for ContractConfigurator.OrbitFactory must be specified.

[ERR 19:01:00.002] ContractConfigurator.OrbitRequirement: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KerbinOrbitalTelescopeDeployment', REQUIREMENT 'Orbit' of type 'Orbit': targetBody for ContractConfigurator.OrbitRequirement must be specified.

[WRN 19:01:00.002] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KerbinOrbitalTelescopeDeployment': unexpected attribute 'displayName' found, ignored.
[WRN 19:01:00.002] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'KerbinOrbitalTelescopeDeployment'
[LOG 19:01:00.009] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'MunOrbitalTelescopeDeployment'
[ERR 19:01:00.015] ContractConfigurator.OrbitFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MunOrbitalTelescopeDeployment', PARAMETER 'Mun' of type 'Orbit': targetBody for ContractConfigurator.OrbitFactory must be specified.

[ERR 19:01:00.057] ContractConfigurator.OrbitRequirement: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MunOrbitalTelescopeDeployment', REQUIREMENT 'Orbit' of type 'Orbit': targetBody for ContractConfigurator.OrbitRequirement must be specified.

[WRN 19:01:00.059] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MunOrbitalTelescopeDeployment': unexpected attribute 'displayName' found, ignored.
[WRN 19:01:00.059] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'MunOrbitalTelescopeDeployment'

Edited by Shadow Wolf TJC

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2024 at 2:52 AM, Shadow Wolf TJC said:

Seems like this mod isn't compatable with system replacement mods like Galileo's Planet Pack or Real Solar System. I've opted to fix the issue for myself (at least with Real Solar System installed), but perhaps a bit of redevelopment is in order to be able to better work with system-replacement mods in general?

Oh, and here's a small snippet that I found within my .log file, which was how I had found this issue in the 1st place:

[LOG 19:00:59.976] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'KerbinOrbitalTelescopeDeployment'
[ERR 19:00:59.982] ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KerbinOrbitalTelescopeDeployment': targetBody: The field 'title' is required in for data node values where 'requiredValue' is true.  Alternatively, the attribute 'hidden' can be set to true (but be careful - this can cause player confusion if all lines for the contract type show as 'Met' and the contract isn't generating).

[ERR 19:00:59.984] ContractConfigurator.OrbitFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KerbinOrbitalTelescopeDeployment', PARAMETER 'LKO' of type 'Orbit': targetBody for ContractConfigurator.OrbitFactory must be specified.

[ERR 19:01:00.002] ContractConfigurator.OrbitRequirement: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KerbinOrbitalTelescopeDeployment', REQUIREMENT 'Orbit' of type 'Orbit': targetBody for ContractConfigurator.OrbitRequirement must be specified.

[WRN 19:01:00.002] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KerbinOrbitalTelescopeDeployment': unexpected attribute 'displayName' found, ignored.
[WRN 19:01:00.002] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'KerbinOrbitalTelescopeDeployment'
[LOG 19:01:00.009] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'MunOrbitalTelescopeDeployment'
[ERR 19:01:00.015] ContractConfigurator.OrbitFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MunOrbitalTelescopeDeployment', PARAMETER 'Mun' of type 'Orbit': targetBody for ContractConfigurator.OrbitFactory must be specified.

[ERR 19:01:00.057] ContractConfigurator.OrbitRequirement: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MunOrbitalTelescopeDeployment', REQUIREMENT 'Orbit' of type 'Orbit': targetBody for ContractConfigurator.OrbitRequirement must be specified.

[WRN 19:01:00.059] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'MunOrbitalTelescopeDeployment': unexpected attribute 'displayName' found, ignored.
[WRN 19:01:00.059] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'MunOrbitalTelescopeDeployment'

I would need to see your complete log file, snippits don't help without a full log.

19 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I would need to see your complete log file, snippits don't help without a full log.

Those few snippets may not have been of apparent help to you, but to me personally, they were enough for me to find out WHERE the problem was located. Nowhere in my hundreds-of-MB-sized .log file (admittedly due to stress-testing my KSP game by having so many mods installed, though regardless, since you had taken too long to come up with a reply, that .log file was, alas, most likely overwritten in a later session) would I necessarily know WHAT the problem was specifically, let alone HOW to fix said problem. All I had learned was WHERE the problem originated from, and like the eager programmer that I was (though admittedly, I'm new to KSP modding, though not to modding in general), I had gone out to do the following:

1. According to those snippets that I had provided from my .log file, I immediately realized that it was a problem with one of the contracts, so I checked to see which mod had any contracts named "KerbinOrbitalTelescopeDeployment" and "MunOrbitalTelescopeDeployment", and I quickly found that both originated from within this mod here, within the file directory "MunSeeker/ZZZ_RadioTelescope/MunSeeker_ZZZ_RadioTelescope_Contracts.cfg" to be more specific.
  2. Once I had found out where the problematic contracts were located, I did a bit of routine digging, with the variables "targetBody" and "Orbit" as my leads, and soon enough, I noticed that targetBody was set to either "Kerbin" or "Mun", both of which would've obviously ceased to exist if using a system replacer mod like RSS. (Note that I was also dealing with other contract mods that were bugging out at the same time, including Planes with Purposes, Oddiseo Corp Contracts, and Research Bodies, and as it turns out, they too weren't designed to deal with stock system replacement mods either.) For RSS, I had initially opted to simply replace any instances of "Kerbin" with "Earth", and any instances of "Mun" with "Moon", though that was meant only as a temporary solution until I could figure out a way to replace those via patching. However, I had later discovered that, if "HomeWorld()" was used in place of "Kerbin", and if "HomeWorld().Children().First()" was used in place of "Mun" (thank you History of Spaceflight for providing me with examples of contracts that would work, even when using a system replacer mod), then perhaps even those patches wouldn't have been as necessary.

In short, I recommend the following changes to "MunSeeker_ZZZ_RadioTelescope_Contracts.cfg":

1. Replace any instances of "Kerbin" with "HomeWorld()", and any instances of "Mun" with "HomeWorld().Children().First()", except within descriptions
  2. If you wish to dynamically reference Kerbin, Mun, or any other celestial body within in-game text descriptions, regardless of which solar system the player is starting out on, then what you could do is, instead, replace any instances of "Kerbin" and "Mun" with "@/targetBody".

Though I've probably lost the .log file, I've instead decided to provide a modified version of "MunSeeker_ZZZ_RadioTelescope_Contracts.cfg", which can be downloaded here.

On 4/20/2024 at 8:34 AM, Shadow Wolf TJC said:

Though I've probably lost the .log file, I've instead decided to provide a modified version of "MunSeeker_ZZZ_RadioTelescope_Contracts.cfg", which can be downloaded here.

Best solution is to provide a fix, thank you.

Re. the log file, I always ask for log files, among other things it contains mods and what changes were done via ContractConfigurator.  I'm very happy you found the problem, I'll review and fix in the mod, will also be providing credit to you for this