KSP Acquired by Take-Two Interactive

UomoCapra

3 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

Totally agree. I can't understand why that "free" DLC is so important to so much people.

I see a payed DLC as a nice option to support the developer, without the need for buying the game twice (ups, I already purchased it twice), get something nice from the DLC and enabling the continous development of a great game at the same time.

Yeah I agree with that, the thing is that people want Squad to keep developing the game or adding new features for free, that makes complete non-sense from a business point of view.

I wouldn't mind paying 20€ every year if they keep adding new stuff and improving the core of the game.

1 minute ago, Spartwo said:

This?

Hide contents

“We have been impressed with Kerbal Space Program since its launch, and we are committed to grow this unique experience while continuing to support its passionate community,” said Michael Worosz, SVP, Head of Corporate Development and Independent Publishing at Take-Two. “We view Kerbal Space Program as a new, long-term franchise that adds a well-respected and beloved IP to Take-Two’s portfolio as we continue to explore opportunities across the independent development landscape.”

Or this?

Hide contents

The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," “should”, "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: our dependence on key management and product development personnel, our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles, our ability to successfully integrate and achieve the expected benefits of the acquired Kerbal Space Program franchise, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, and risks associated with international operations. Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, including the risks summarized in the section entitled "Risk Factors," the Company’s most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, and the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at www.take2games.com. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and apply only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

Oh so they're trying to make it into a franchise now? 

KSP was just fine as a simple game, making it into a franchise will just ruin it.

Just now, TheRagingIrishman said:

I'd appreciate it if you shared the parts you're worried about. 

I know in this time period that such things are required, however i've never appreciated people who go straight in on the ass covering,  Sounds exactly like every buy (3) out I've had the displeasure of being involved with,  lots of maybe if's and buts, that in the end translated to simply you're all stuffed.

Just now, Cristy2017 said:

Yeah I agree with that, the thing is that people want Squad to keep developing the game or adding new features for free, that makes complete non-sense from a business point of view.

I wouldn't mind paying 20€ every year if they keep adding new stuff and improving the core of the game.

Yes, thank you. People want new stuff but the stuff needs to be paid for somehow and KSP isn't selling like it did before. You can see it on steam.

Edited by Spartwo

1 minute ago, Tykylo said:

Oh so they're trying to make it into a franchise now? 

KSP was just fine as a simple game, making it into a franchise will just ruin it.

Why? What would be the problem with keeping KSP and then adding other mostly realistic Kerbal Sims for other stuff? 

Just now, TheRagingIrishman said:

Why? What would be the problem with keeping KSP and then adding other mostly realistic Kerbal Sims for other stuff? 

KSP was just fine as a simple game, I don't see the point in making it into a franchise other than to squeeze out more money.

2 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I know in this time period that such things are required, however i've never appreciated people who go straight in on the ass covering,  Sounds exactly like every buy (3) out I've had the displeasure of being involved with,  lots of maybe if's and buts, that in the end translated to simply you're all stuffed.

Yeah, pretty much lol

Just now, Tykylo said:

KSP was just fine as a simple game, I don't see the point in making it into a franchise other than to squeeze out more money.

So don't buy it. Companies exist to make money. If that means expanding your franchise, so be it. If you don't like it don't buy it. KSP itself is not going anywhere.

Just now, severedsolo said:

So don't buy it. Companies exist to make money. If that means expanding your franchise, so be it. If you don't like it don't buy it. KSP itself is not going anywhere.

I know, I have that choice. 

4 minutes ago, Tykylo said:

KSP won't last for ever, taxes won't pay by themselves

Edited by Cristy2017

1 minute ago, Cristy2017 said:

KSP won't last for ever, taxes aren't paying by themselves

Well if development on KSP (KSP 1, because it's a franchise now) was pretty much done and it became abandonware, by all means, I'd love to play a finished game for once.

Well if development on KSP (KSP 1, because it's a franchise now) was pretty much done and it became abandonware, by all means, I'd love to play a finished game for once.

You can already do that, the game is finished as it is, and you can also add tons of stuff to the game with mods.

13 minutes ago, Tykylo said:

It was free DLC when I bought it. I don't have a problem when devs release content for free, it's when they price said content at 10+ USD that I get worried, to say the least.

Like said before... it was not a DLC. KSP did provided 2 modes the prominent one was/is "Asteroid Day". And they are mostly integrated in vanilla 1.3 at the moment, but the first DLC is the upcomming "Making History" and this is only free for the "old guard":wink: This was a misinformation from you, and sorry i was a lottle sarcastic because it is a running troublemaker at the forums.

@topic we have gone through some changes with KSP. T2 is a provider amd like all others Businessman they look for profit. Who knows maybe the Contracts would become logical through this experience? On other hand buisness and logic.... nevermind...:D

Let us go the pessimist way and look what will come. This way we can't be disappointed but there is a chance to be positively surprised. Nah...

Best of luck at SQUAD and let us hope for best.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

Just now, Cristy2017 said:

You can already do that, the game is finished as it is, and you can also add tons of stuff to the game with mods.

As amazing as KSP is, it is far from finished. There's a lot of issues involving rocket parts and mods.

There's a lot of issues involving rocket parts and mods.

Care to elaborate?

I'm assuming you are talking about the rocket part art-pass (which is really needed IMO) - this is probably the best case scenario for this one. TT may be able to provide the cash for artists who can make this happen. We already know the chances of it happening before this change were pretty much zero. Once again, we cannot be in a worse position than the one we are already in.

I'm not really sure what you meant about issues around mods. As a modder myself, I can't say I have many issues - I'm gonna assume you are talking about the API, which frankly is amazing compared to some other games.

Edited by severedsolo

also, the upcoming dlc will be a game changer with the mission builder where ppl can share their missions, make challenges etc. This alone is a new age for KSP. Who knows what comes next. Multi? :)

Just now, SkyKaptn said:

also, the upcoming dlc will be a game changer with the mission builder where ppl can share their missions, make challenges etc. This alone is a new age for KSP. Who knows what comes next. Multi? :)

The DLC will be a mesh of other existing mods, except it would be paid.

Just now, SkyKaptn said:

The focus remains to be the development of KSP, Making History Expansion, and the upgraded version of KSP on consoles. After that, we’ll see what comes next and we’ll let you know.

19 minutes ago, Tykylo said:

Explain to me how the current game will be "ruined." Will TT delete it from my hard disk? Will GTA content suddenly show up on Duna?

You may have some romantic idea on what KSP development should be, in your mind, and that image is ruined. I'm sorry for your loss. But nowhere have I found any shred of even a suggestion that TT is going to take the current game and morph it into something completely else. So how the game would be ruined is beyond me.

1 minute ago, UomoCapra said:

The focus remains to be the development of KSP, Making History Expansion,

Your comma confuses me. Did you mean KSP: Making History (ie the expansion) or KSP, Making History (ie both the core game and the DLC together)

Worst case scenario in my mind TT makes the KSP devs add features like autopilot to ease the learning curve and make KSP a bit more accessible to a wider audience. But that's one of the most popular mods out there so it's not like it's against the wishes of the majority.

Edited by Spartwo

The DLC will be a mesh of other existing mods, except it would be paid.

I'm downloading those right now, so I have most of the DLC. (Because I'm NOT getting it now!)

A mod that I played around with a while back that I forgot the name of.

I WANT IT!