KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

2 hours ago, gary85 said:

ok nice , hope you gona fix it soon.

gl.

Alright, I found the solution, which is, don't listen what you are told by KSP, instead remember initial mass at startup and subtract it from the target mass. I will upload a fix shortly. I might have to fix IFS as well

Edited by FreeThinker

Version 1.8.11 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1

Released on 2016-04-23

• Updated IFS to 1.23 (which fixes tank mass and floating)
  • Fixed Mass Electric Generators, which mass would be too heavy or light and result in floating
  • Generator connected to Antimatter reactor is only 25% of full mass
  • Slightly reduced size Fordable Warp Ring

I think my game is cursed :/ Now this , i cant use warp despite i got all requiments.

it says critical power shortage , or maximum power required exceed power supply.

GUDPBpP.jpg

Edited by gary85

@gary85

If you look carefully at this picture, it is easy to spot what is wrong and why you cannot enter warp.

The problem is that due to your low orbit, you require a minimum of 48.756 GW of Electrical energy to enter warp, however, your antimater reactor can only produce 45 GW of Raw Energy (which still needs to be converted to Electrical Power).

Now in order to solve this problem, you either produce more power or much simpler, move away from the gravity well as warp power maintenance scales linear with gravity Pull. Which in this picture is still 6.697 g

Warp drives are kind of like Trains, they don't like steep slopes. Find yourself a nice flat piece of space, and you will minimize the amount of power required

Btw, cool looking vessel

Edited by FreeThinker

Hi!

I think I discovered a bug with Version 1.8.11 when reverting to launch. Apparently the antimatter-reactor does not initialize correctly. Its temperature is given as: Temp.[l]: NaNK / 3600 K and it stops working.

I hope this helps. :wink:

... then I have an idea about a cooling system. It is difficult to start from Kerbin without overheating, because the radiators cannot be extended. So, I was wondering if it would be possible to use your nice droptanks to create a cooling-system that uses up water (or anything usable) for cooling, the empty tanks can then be discarded. Just an idea :wink:

ok thx it work now :)

happy u like it :)

also there is small bug with foldable radiators - if i extend them and turn them on after a while the fold back but stats remain the same so i guess its just visual.

Edited by gary85

4 hours ago, rainerd66 said:

Hi!

I think I discovered a bug with Version 1.8.11 when reverting to launch. Apparently the antimatter-reactor does not initialize correctly. Its temperature is given as: Temp.[l]: NaNK / 3600 K and it stops working.

I hope this helps. :wink:

... then I have an idea about a cooling system. It is difficult to start from Kerbin without overheating, because the radiators cannot be extended. So, I was wondering if it would be possible to use your nice droptanks to create a cooling-system that uses up water (or anything usable) for cooling, the empty tanks can then be discarded. Just an idea :wink:

Excellent Idea of removing wasteheat with resource boil-off. Ideal for short time usage.

4 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

I agree, the new Vista is no more worth the effort to use it. It has too many limitations to be useful now. It's better to use other engines instead.

Well it should be peak of technology and efficiency .

As for now it use tons of hydrogen for thrust , or it use little fuel and makes a small puff of power . With 16 t weight + reactor + generator weight it was rly dissapointing for me.

Edited by gary85

2 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

What is the  vista ISP and thrust? What game mode and what techs have you u locked?

Hello,

Is it intentional that I cannot scale down the size of D-T Vista Engine?

Actually there Is a bunch of reactors, and engines, that I either can’t scale to smaller sizes, or scale at all.

Edited by Felipe Guimarães

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.