KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

28 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Thermal Electric Generator and the Charged Particles Electric Generator mass depend on the connected reactor. From a gameplay perspective You could see them as reactor extensions, giving a reactor the optional ability to convert their power into electric power.

Aaah  ok.  Thanks for clearing that up mate! :D

I am still running into problems with at least the ATTILA engine.  I have posted an example craft file.  You should see 3 things when running all 3 engines at full throttle:

1. The ATTILA engine mysteriously loses power above a certain high throttle setting

2.  The generator usage is not symmetrical

3.  The outboard reactors which are not connected to generators appear to be in some way connected to the generators in the middle

I am also using the ignore heat setting so you might want to use that.

https://ufile.io/26b3a

https://mab.to/GScUa4Rwq

Let me know if you have trouble downloading or recreating the problem.

6 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Well that would certainly strange, it it would. Are you sure you have enough radiators because it efficiency  to generate power depend for a large amount of it ability to lose waste-heat. Could you create a screen dump, all relevant subsystems visible

With v1.11.15

FsDUqwv.jpg

With v1.11.17

Mguynqp.jpg

As you can see, the efficiency is still higher in the second image, but the power is much lower. I used your craft file for the test, except that I put in a longer truss section so there was no clipping of the radiator into the solar array. I do have many other mods installed, but the only change between the two images was the version of KSPI-E.

As a side note, it appears that the radiators are under powered relative to the solar array (yes, I have NF Electric installed) since I was at >2Mm but the craft would overheat and explode if left long enough, but this is the example craft you posted earlier in this thread except for the length of the truss. Even in the current version of KSPI-E with the greatly reduced power output of the solar array, it will still overheat and explode.

Also, did you notice my earlier bug report about using the FELA as a data transmitter requiring that you do the test rotation before it can be used? It seems that KSP thinks it must be "deployed" before use since there is an animation module in the .cfg before the transmitter module.

Edited by HumanEnigma

3 hours ago, HumanEnigma said:

As you can see, the efficiency is still higher in the second image, but the power is much lower. I used your craft file for the test, except that I put in a longer truss section so there was no clipping of the radiator into the solar array. I do have many other mods installed, but the only change between the two images was the version of KSPI-E.

Fixed it

4 hours ago, HumanEnigma said:

As a side note, it appears that the radiators are under powered relative to the solar array (yes, I have NF Electric installed) since I was at >2Mm but the craft would overheat and explode if left long enough, but this is the example craft you posted earlier in this thread except for the length of the truss. Even in the current version of KSPI-E with the greatly reduced power output of the solar array, it will still overheat and explode.

mm, there is a deeper balance problem here. The problem is that in Near Future technology, all engine require 2000 less power than they realistically would. If you start to power rockets with KSPI solar power that require a lot less power, it could become highly overpowered. To make it fair I would have to pretend the sun generate 2000 less power energy, which would of course defeat the whole purpose of the solar power station, but if left alone the amount of power generated is much more than any reactor can. I have to think up some solution .. any ideas?

Also, did you notice my earlier bug report about using the FELA as a data transmitter requiring that you do the test rotation before it can be used? It seems that KSP thinks it must be "deployed" before use since there is an animation module in the .cfg before the transmitter module.

No idea why you think this is the case. It works immediately after activating transmitter for me. The animation is completely unconnected to the transmitter/receiver functionality

Edited by FreeThinker

6 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

mm, there is a deeper balance problem here. The problem is that in Near Future technology, all engine require 2000 less power than they realistically would. If you start to power rockets with KSPI solar power that require a lot less power, it could become highly overpowered. To make it fair I would have to pretend the sun generate 2000 less power energy, which would of course defeat the whole purpose of the solar power station, but if left alone the amount of power generated is much more than any reactor can. I have to think up some solution .. any ideas?

This mod is so complicated that you must have had an IQ of 2000 to have concocted it.  I wish I could offer a suggestion to help yall, but currently I'm still struggling to get my beamed power network to bake a potato.  :wink:

24 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

You could go the other way and increase the electrical power requirements for the NF engines. Or you could leave it to the player as there are other mods that do not balance well together. If I think of something else, I'll post the idea.

24 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

No idea why you think this is the case. It works immediately after activating transmitter for me. The animation is completely unconnected to the transmitter/receiver functionality

Regarding the FELA, I'm talking about using it as a data transmitter, not as a power transmitter. For example, for my solar power satellite, I only get partial control of the probe core without either a relay or doing the test rotation animation on the FELA.

If you like, I can make a video to demonstrate the issue.

Edited by HumanEnigma

4 minutes ago, HumanEnigma said:

Regarding the FELA, I'm talking about using it as a data transmitter, not as a power transmitter. For example, for my solar power satellite, I only get partial control of the probe core without either a relay or doing the test rotation animation on the FELA.

Interesting, I didn't know that, I will look what I can do about.

Edited by FreeThinker

Just now, FreeThinker said:

Interesting, I didn't know that, I will look what I can do about.

I checked the medium sized rectenna and it does not have the same issue. The major difference I noticed is the animation modules are listed in the .cfg after the data transmitter module. I suspect reordering the modules in the .cfg would resolve the issue, but I have not tested it.

Would the order of the partmodules realy matter? could  you please test by moving the transmitter partmodule to the top?

Edited by FreeThinker

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here.  Can one of you point me in the right direction?  The plan is to have a mother ship use beamed energy to power a lander.  I don't have any of the electric engines so the lander is using an Inline Thermal Receiver Mk1 that is directly connected to a thermal ramjet nozzle and currently has hydrogen as the fuel source (its a test craft and i havent got to the point of fiddling with other fuels).  The Thermal Receiver also has a Radial Aluminum Thermal Dish Receiver attached to it to deal with the issue of the mother ship potentially being overhead during a landing.

The Radial Aluminum Thermal Dish Receiver says that its "bandWidthName" is "microwave" so I initally tried to transmit power to it using a Microwave Transducer DT-MW-TD-32x.  When I angle the craft such that the Inline Thermal Receiver's facing factor is near zero and the Aluminum Thermal Dish Receiver's facing factor is near 1.0 I loose all thrust.  Then I followed the description information for the Aluminum Dish which says that It is better in the visible and near ultraviolet range and replaced the Microwave Transducer with a DT-L-IR-1 Laser Beam Transmitter attached to a Diode Laser Array with the wavelength set to "Near Ultraviolet."  I repeated the experiment and got the same result.  

The dish is aligned and both transmitters were transmitting a wavelength that is between the range for the Radial Aluminum Dish (1 to 1e-7) but its not working.  What did I overlook haha? :D

Version 1.11.18 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-01-12

• Balance: doubled deployable radiator effectivity in NF mode
  • Fixed Stabilized Solar Flux
  • Fixed Solar Power station power output
  • Fixed Large Multi-wavelength transmitter Dish ability to function as standby data transmitter
  • Fixed representation Reactor fuel usage to gram instead of mg
  • Fixed amount of Solar Wind ISRU Processing at timewarp
Edited by FreeThinker

7 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Version 1.11.18 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-01-12

• Balanced: doubled deplorable radiator effectivity in NF mode
  • Fixed Stabilized Solar Flux
  • Fixed Solar Power station power output
  • Fixed Large Multi wavelength transmitter Dish ability to function as standby data transmitter
  • Fixed representation Reactor fuel usage to gram instead of mg
  • Fixed amount of Solar Wind ISRU Processing at timewarp

Can we have tweakscalable structural parts/radiator shield and probe cores?

51 minutes ago, zanie420 said:

@FreeThinker, I cannot start the game because of this all of the sudden. Both on Win10 and Ubuntu 16!

I could never put my finger on this issue but from my understanding it has to do with installation, which it is very important it happens in the correct folder, otherwise it will not be able to load, starting with the first part in the alphabet , Antimatter reactor ...

8 hours ago, Uberns said:

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here.  Can one of you point me in the right direction?  The plan is to have a mother ship use beamed energy to power a lander.  I don't have any of the electric engines so the lander is using an Inline Thermal Receiver Mk1 that is directly connected to a thermal ramjet nozzle and currently has hydrogen as the fuel source (its a test craft and i havent got to the point of fiddling with other fuels).  The Thermal Receiver also has a Radial Aluminum Thermal Dish Receiver attached to it to deal with the issue of the mother ship potentially being overhead during a landing.

The Radial Aluminum Thermal Dish Receiver says that its "bandWidthName" is "microwave" so I initally tried to transmit power to it using a Microwave Transducer DT-MW-TD-32x.  When I angle the craft such that the Inline Thermal Receiver's facing factor is near zero and the Aluminum Thermal Dish Receiver's facing factor is near 1.0 I loose all thrust.  Then I followed the description information for the Aluminum Dish which says that It is better in the visible and near ultraviolet range and replaced the Microwave Transducer with a DT-L-IR-1 Laser Beam Transmitter attached to a Diode Laser Array with the wavelength set to "Near Ultraviolet."  I repeated the experiment and got the same result.  

The dish is aligned and both transmitters were transmitting a wavelength that is between the range for the Radial Aluminum Dish (1 to 1e-7) but its not working.  What did I overlook haha? :D

Could you post some pictures so I can get a better insight into the situation ... specificly, I need the transmitter, receiver and space overview

On 11-1-2017 at 1:35 PM, Most88 said:

Hay im having an issue The loading is locking up on Twekable Antimatter reactor.

PD: Nevermind, problem solved.

Please explain how you fixed it.

On 9-1-2017 at 4:44 PM, Charon Moloch said:

Same for me, it has always been this way so I stopped trying, I can't even find the part file to see what's wrong.

Please Verify the KSPI-E RCS work as expected. It should work better than ever.

Edited by FreeThinker

Just now, Nansuchao said:

I just used the 5-way retractable ResistoJet, it works flawlessly and I had no issue with the right menu too.

Yes, they now have their own power buffering, which mean that they should work at 100% efficiency (when used in short burst) even with insufficient power to power them all at full.

2 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Please explain how you fixed it.

@FreeThinker I've come up against the same issue. I looked through the log and saw this when it got to loading the reactor. It continues to repeat those exception messages ad infitum.

[LOG 13:37:55.679] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/AntimatterReactors/AntimatterReactor/TweakableAntimatterReactor'
[LOG 13:37:55.714] PartLoader: Part 'WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/AntimatterReactors/AntimatterReactor/TweakableAntimatterReactor' has no database record. Creating.
[EXC 13:37:55.722] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	FNPlugin.ReactorProduct..ctor (.ConfigNode node)
	FNPlugin.ReactorFuelMode.<.ctor>b__1 (.ConfigNode nd)
	System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2[ConfigNode,FNPlugin.ReactorProduct].MoveNext ()
	System.Collections.Generic.List`1[FNPlugin.ReactorProduct].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable)
	System.Collections.Generic.List`1[FNPlugin.ReactorProduct]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection)
	System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[ReactorProduct] (IEnumerable`1 source)
	FNPlugin.ReactorFuelMode..ctor (.ConfigNode node)
	FNPlugin.InterstellarReactor.<GetInfo>b__19 (.ConfigNode node)
	System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2[ConfigNode,FNPlugin.ReactorFuelMode].MoveNext ()
	System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[FNPlugin.ReactorFuelMode].MoveNext ()
	System.Collections.Generic.List`1[FNPlugin.ReactorFuelMode].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable)
	System.Collections.Generic.List`1[FNPlugin.ReactorFuelMode]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection)
	System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[ReactorFuelMode] (IEnumerable`1 source)
	FNPlugin.InterstellarReactor.GetInfo ()
	PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part)
	PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator62.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
[EXC 13:37:55.736] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleRCS.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 13:37:55.737] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleRCS.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 13:37:55.738] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleRCS.FixedUpdate ()

I'm trying to find a solution, perhaps something to do with ModuleManager, but if you know what could be causing this by looking at the log this could help.

42 minutes ago, Nuke1st said:

@FreeThinker I've come up against the same issue. I looked through the log and saw this when it got to loading the reactor. It continues to repeat those exception messages ad infitum.

[LOG 13:37:55.679] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/AntimatterReactors/AntimatterReactor/TweakableAntimatterReactor'
[LOG 13:37:55.714] PartLoader: Part 'WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/AntimatterReactors/AntimatterReactor/TweakableAntimatterReactor' has no database record. Creating.
[EXC 13:37:55.722] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	FNPlugin.ReactorProduct..ctor (.ConfigNode node)
	FNPlugin.ReactorFuelMode.<.ctor>b__1 (.ConfigNode nd)
	System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2[ConfigNode,FNPlugin.ReactorProduct].MoveNext ()
	System.Collections.Generic.List`1[FNPlugin.ReactorProduct].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable)
	System.Collections.Generic.List`1[FNPlugin.ReactorProduct]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection)
	System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[ReactorProduct] (IEnumerable`1 source)
	FNPlugin.ReactorFuelMode..ctor (.ConfigNode node)
	FNPlugin.InterstellarReactor.<GetInfo>b__19 (.ConfigNode node)
	System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2[ConfigNode,FNPlugin.ReactorFuelMode].MoveNext ()
	System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[FNPlugin.ReactorFuelMode].MoveNext ()
	System.Collections.Generic.List`1[FNPlugin.ReactorFuelMode].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable)
	System.Collections.Generic.List`1[FNPlugin.ReactorFuelMode]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection)
	System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[ReactorFuelMode] (IEnumerable`1 source)
	FNPlugin.InterstellarReactor.GetInfo ()
	PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part)
	PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator62.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
[EXC 13:37:55.736] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleRCS.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 13:37:55.737] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleRCS.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 13:37:55.738] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleRCS.FixedUpdate ()

I'm trying to find a solution, perhaps something to do with ModuleManager, but if you know what could be causing this by looking at the log this could help.

I am installing from CKAN. I have since tried to uninstall/reinstall from spacedock zip file to no effect! This has broken the game for me :(  I cannot play with the mod installed and thus cannot continue my saves...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.