KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

Sure, no problem. Sent you a PM with them. Although its no biggie, just recompressed them. I'm really interested to know if anyone else who had this problem, tried this trick. Would like to know if this helps (as it did help in my case).

[h=2]Version 1.1.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.2[/h] Released on 2015-05-16

• Added New Fuel Mode for Gas/ Molten Salt Reactor, Uranium Burnup which requires 20% Uranium, 80% Actinides (burnup) but only produces 50% power output
  • Lowered Cost of Throrium fuel to 1/5 of cost of Enriched Uranium
  • Rebalanced Reactor Costs
  • Fixed Reactor Negative Cost Exploit
  • Antimatter Collector mass scales with Surface area
  • Updated Community Resource Pack to 1.4.2
  • Updated Interstellar Fuel Switch to 1.2

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, no problem. Sent you a PM with them. Although its no biggie, just recompressed them. I'm really interested to know if anyone else who had this problem, tried this trick. Would like to know if this helps (as it did help in my case).

GitHub thinks they are the same file

Well I said I didn't do anything fancy but:

1) open those two files in Gimp

2) export both as the same png (overwrite)

3) change compression level to 8 - rest default

Only difference is in size. Originals 2,4kB. Edited 2,2kB.

I know it is weird, but now it does load without a crash on Microwave*.png. And that's why I wanted someone else with similar config (linux64 and lots of mods) to test it.

I'll check how new version behaves.

Edit1

1.1.5 went through the load without any issues on first try.

Edit2

Nope, happening again.

Computer voodoo I tell you.

Edit3

I've sent you a comparison zip with logs and screenshots.

Edited by Ald

Hello.

Sorry, I had this problem with all reactors:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Found the output log:

Mediafire link

It's 10MB long, but the majority is this:

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at OpenResourceSystem.ORSPartExtensions.GetConnectedResources (.Part part, .PartResourceDefinition definition) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at OpenResourceSystem.ORSPartExtensions.GetConnectedResources (.Part part, System.String resourcename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at OpenResourceSystem.ORSResourceManager.update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at OpenResourceSystem.ORSResourceSuppliableModule.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FNPlugin.InterstellarReactor.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FNPlugin.InterstellarFissionMSRGC.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edited by TruthQuark

Hello.

Sorry, I had this problem with all reactors:

http://imgur.com/a/4LMGd

Found the output log:

Mediafire link

It's 10MB long, but the majority is this:

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at OpenResourceSystem.ORSPartExtensions.GetConnectedResources (.Part part, .PartResourceDefinition definition) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at OpenResourceSystem.ORSPartExtensions.GetConnectedResources (.Part part, System.String resourcename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at OpenResourceSystem.ORSResourceManager.update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at OpenResourceSystem.ORSResourceSuppliableModule.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FNPlugin.InterstellarReactor.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FNPlugin.InterstellarFissionMSRGC.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It think you are missing a resource definition as you a getting a exception in GetConnectedResources . All instances that somethinhg went wrong in this function it had something to do with a missing resource definition. Most likely the Community Resource pack is not installed properly. Please make sure it get's installed.

If that's not the case, try to strip down your test to the bare minimum, which is an air intake, reactor , control unit and thermal turbojet

Edited by FreeThinker

It think you are missing a resource definition as you a getting a exception in GetConnectedResources . Most likely the Community Resource pack is not installed properly

If I install KSPI-E's latest update, will it write over the Community Resources correctly?

Well I said I didn't do anything fancy but:

1) open those two files in Gimp

2) export both as the same png (overwrite)

3) change compression level to 8 - rest default

Only difference is in size. Originals 2,4kB. Edited 2,2kB.

I know it is weird, but now it does load without a crash on Microwave*.png. And that's why I wanted someone else with similar config (linux64 and lots of mods) to test it..

linux64 with ~70 mod folders. The game crashes sometimes when loading the planetresourcedata pngs. But not always the same files and usually happens after restarting ksp. Going to try removal of files, tried gimp idea.

Computer voodoo indeed! After trying to start up KSP again, now it started crashing on me again! Then, after I re-exported them with GIMP, it started working again!

But wait it gets even more convoluted....

I was getting game crashes when the planetresourcedata .pngs loading, tried gimp, no joy, deleted, success.

Then the textures from LargeRefinery, Refinery, phasedArray1 & 2, MicrowaveThermalPowerReceiver and microwaveReceiver, swapped old textures back, no joy, deleted, success.

Previously I was having to reboot to get a clean load as well as reset partsdatabase.cfg and delete the gamedata .cache .SHA .tree etc.

There is no error in the log it just simply ends at the texture files.

I was getting game crashes when the planetresourcedata .pngs loading,(...)

The last glimpse of loading screen showed microwave*.png for me before crashing, but log stopped on last png in planetresource data.

I was getting game crashes when the planetresourcedata .pngs loading, tried gimp, no joy, deleted, success.

Then the textures from LargeRefinery, Refinery, phasedArray1 & 2, MicrowaveThermalPowerReceiver and microwaveReceiver, swapped old textures back, no joy, deleted, success.

Previously I was having to reboot to get a clean load as well as reset partsdatabase.cfg and delete the gamedata .cache .SHA .tree etc.

There is no error in the log it just simply ends at the texture files.

Seems to me you are trying to make correlation where there aren't any. Take this advice, before making any conclusion, repeat the same condition at least twice. In the past I had similar instability issues after I installed too many mods. It crashed every Odd time I started the KSP. I could not explain it. seem you got something similar.

Edited by FreeThinker

[h=2]Version 1.1.6 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.2[/h] Released on 2015-05-17

• Made Atmospheric Intake similar in performance to Intake Air
  • Improved Thermal Jet Engine performance in higher atmosphere
  • Removed Intake Air fuel mode (instead use Atmospheric which does not require any oxygen)
  • Increased Mass and Performance inline radiator, making them ore useful for SSTO's,
  • Fixed precooler ability to cool air from Radial attached air intakes

The last glimpse of loading screen showed microwave*.png for me before crashing, but log stopped on last png in planetresource data.

My setup doesnt make seeing the stupidly tiny font very easy, which would be nice to have fixed..... anyway. I noticed in the log that it was not always the same file from planetresource data, so perhaps there is a discrepancy between screen and log. I know that once the .png were removed the crash started happening around the parts/utility/microwave etc textures.

When I was swapping the old textures back in to see if it was a dds conversion problem (which it wasnt) I saw some are a different .mbm format. Sadly the crash occurred on .tga also so .mbm is irrelevant.

So somewhere somehow there is a smattering of textures that makes linux64 KSP ....error error redo from start.... kind of thing. My suspicion is fglrx driver, in my case im using a 5770 and the 14.200 driver using the .run from amd, which has been running pretty well. It was the only driver I tested (apart from the opensource wrapper) that would run KSP. What about you?

Since removing the offending files KSP is behaving nice again. Probably going to do a crash course in modelling and textures to "find where it broke", so to speak, over the week. Maybe probably

Say, I would like to get to get some feedback about all the new stuff I put into KSPI-E. I put in many new feature but I never hear anything about it. Are there things you like or dislike, let me know! Same goes for any ideas or suggestion.

Edited by FreeThinker

Seems to me you are trying to make elation where there aren't any. Take this advice, before making any conclusion, repeat the same condition at least twise. In the past I had similar instability issues after I installed too many mods. It was crash every Odd time I started the KSP. I could not explain it. seem you got something similar.

Dont worry I am not committed to the idea. As I mentioned in previous post I have an unqualified unquantified suspicion that the video driver is at fault. I only say that because KSP will always start once, but quit and restart in the same session never. Has to be a reboot.... until I removed said textures and omg it runs.

I am interested to see what hardware Ald is using as his/her and my problem seem very similar. Either way it has the fetid reek of one of 'those' problems.

@FreeThinker, for now, I wasn't able to make it work. Few free time and still busy with RL and upgrading Planetary Resources for ORS.

The only think I'll surely miss, once it works properly, will be the possibility to make Spaceplanes with the Interstellar engines, as suggested too from others.

Others think, when I can try it...

@FreeThinker, for now, I wasn't able to make it work. Few free time and still busy with RL and upgrading Planetary Resources for ORS.

What do you mean, upgrading Planetary Resources for ORS?, seems to me KSPI-E is currently the only Mod which is integrated with ORS and I have modified it almost completely.

- - - Updated - - -

The only think I'll surely miss, once it works properly, will be the possibility to make Spaceplanes with the Interstellar engines, as suggested too from others.

Others think, when I can try it...

What do you mean, yo cannot make SSTO space planes with Interstellar Engines ? I test the mod by building SSTO all the time. My last update speciicly improces the ability to create SSTO and space planes. THe last update allow you to build a spaceplane which can fly to High Orbit at 1600 m/s (KP Areo) and then bring it into a lot orbit with a little propellant.

Edited by FreeThinker

It think you are missing a resource definition as you a getting a exception in GetConnectedResources . All instances that somethinhg went wrong in this function it had something to do with a missing resource definition. Most likely the Community Resource pack is not installed properly. Please make sure it get's installed.

If that's not the case, try to strip down your test to the bare minimum, which is an air intake, reactor , control unit and thermal turbojet

Works perfectly now.

Jet takes off and flies.

Say, I would like to get to get some feedback about ll the new stuff I put into KSPI-E. I put in many new feature but I never hear anything about it. Are there things you like or dislike, let me know! Same goes for any ideas or suggestion.

I was trying to get into the spirit of constructive feedback, even I think my contribution a few pages back was slightly more than less than helpful. I do sneak in and turn the antimatter tweakable back on, I appreciate that for alot of people the more real and immersive depth of gameplay is where it is at. But I have hardcore ADHD (seriously) and some of the minute' details like farming antimatter drive me mad (to put it politely). But it is easy to change so I decided not to make any noise.

I was struggling with the changes to the vista. I think last time I looked at it was just after functionality was restored. It seemed liket the KSPI-E radiators did not dissipate the in game heat mechanic? I did notice the new screenshot for KSPI-E though, I will say that having to deal with heat conduction came as a shock being spoiled with virtual heatpipes from KSPI-E. But neutron emission is serious business.

Ahh I do have a suggestion question I was wanting to ask, why is xenon omitted from the big interstellar tanks and nose cone?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I'm trying to fix bugs here, and I'm not getting anything I can do something about, which frustrates me because I suspect they are still many issues which I'm not aware of.

Sorry for the hijack lol... Back to feedback again, I will do my best to test out some spaceplanes with the new engine mods, I just have to build some more rockets at the moment, one day I will build the perfect rocket!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.