ISRO Discussion Thread

20 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

Yes I know what it means, but why saying it EVERY time he starts talking? The female announcer wasn't saying it, but the dorky male one was. Imagine a SpaceX transmission of landing on Mars with some goofball saying: "God bless America" every time it was his turn to say something. It doesn't have to be anything religious or political. Literally anything repetitive will sound stupid after few times.

Some people get excited when they are a part of historic events so I don't blame the guy. I'd also like to mention that the saying is more out of national pride than religious or political belief. As an Australian I congratulate India and hope this leads to a better scientific understanding of our closest neighbor, the moon.

Edited by James Kerman
Grammar

7 minutes ago, James Kerman said:

Some people get excited when they are a part of historic events so I don't blame the guy. I'd also like to mention that the saying is more out of national pride than religious or political belief. As a Australian I congratulate India and hope this leads to a better scientific understanding of our closest neighbor, the moon.

That was not excitation. That was pure, unadulterated dorkiness and shows poor media management. It sounded really, really bad. Even worse than Modi's authoritative yelling after the landing.

But of course I'm happy for India. This is a big thing.

18 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

Yes I know what it means, but why saying it EVERY time he starts talking? The female announcer wasn't saying it, but the dorky male one was. Imagine a SpaceX transmission of landing on Mars with some goofball saying: "God bless America" every time it was his turn to say something. It doesn't have to be anything religious or political. Literally anything repetitive will sound stupid after few times.

Indeed. Jai Hind

Edited by Selective Genius

25 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

Agree with that. But today is the big day for them, just give them some little tolerance:D

23 hours ago, lajoswinkler said:

"God bless America" - First man on mars