[1.12.x] Precise Node Continued - Precisely edit your maneuver nodes

On 8/26/2020 at 8:10 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, so, it both works AND causes the log spam?

So here is the thing:  I just tested it on a 1.9.1 install.  I tested both a locally compiled version and the download using CKAN.

No log spam using either copy.

So, either you all are crazy (NOT), or the scenario I'm testing is not what you are using.

So I need more info.  I'l start with describing what I'm testing so you can reproduce the test:

1. KSP 1.9.1, with some mods installed, Sandbox game
  2. Loaded stock vessel AeroEquus
  3. Launched, used MechJeb to get into orbit
  4. Switched to Map view
  5. Added Maneuver Node, PreciseNode window opened
  6. Clicked O for options
  7. Enabled the Use intuitive maneuver node handle behaviour toggle

No log spam

I repeat it in a career game, still no problem.

So, I need to know what you are doing.  A save file would be helpful, along with instructions as to what to do, which vessel, etc.

Edit:  I took a look at the code, and while I can't replicate the problem, I did see what might be happening.  I also saw an inefficiency which I fixed, which incidentally will fix this issue if it's what I think it is.  Once I can replicate the problem, I can verify (or not) that this will fix it and be able to release.  I'd rather avoid a beta on this.  Please ping me with the  @  sign so I will be notified.

There, I fixed it. :)

The issue seemed to be the logic that tried to find the nodes and the active Gizmo to override the stock behavior. The way that setup ended up with nothing happening, neither the logic activated nor any errors popped up.
I tested the new logic by creating and deleting multiple nodes while orbiting Kerbin, but I don't know any edge cases to test more.

As a bonus I also fixed the translation for the button "+ Orb" that was displays as "- + Orb".

On another note, I found that the Descending Node button is behaving strangely when there is no target (equatorial DN).
While in an inclined orbit the AN button will always move the node to the same place, but the DN button will always select a new place depending on the vessel position.

I couldn't fix this since the calculation was completely cryptic to me :confused:
What I could see is that the KSP provides a function to get the equatorial AN, but not one to the DN, so the manual calculation is probably doing something wrong.

Edit: I shamelessly copied the code for "Eq Desc" from Maneuver Node Evolved and it worked like DMagic. :D

Edited by GFX5000i
Quick update

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2022 at 6:24 PM, pwn said:

is there a trick to prevent it from clearing your target when you left-click one of the buttons quickly?

I get the same, it's as if this mod doesn't work with click through blocker (which is a dependency and is installed in my case).

I'm using: -

1.12 KSP

1.2.11.3 Precise Node Continued

0.1.10.17 Click Through Blocker

Steps to reproduce:  create a node on a path, the usual handles appear as does the Precise Node window.  Then left click on the Precise Node window (e.g. a button to add Dv) and the node will deselect because I'm effectively clicking through the menu into space.  Clicking quickly deselects the target because it's an effective double click on space.  This bug occurs with both modes of Click Through Blocker, the follow mouse and click menu first to select.  It seems this mod just doesn't work with Click Through Blocker, which makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong since the writeup says CTB is a hard dependency.

5 hours ago, VegetableMatter said:

I get the same, it's as if this mod doesn't work with click through blocker (which is a dependency and is installed in my case).

I'm using: -

1.12 KSP

1.2.11.3 Precise Node Continued

0.1.10.17 Click Through Blocker

Steps to reproduce:  create a node on a path, the usual handles appear as does the Precise Node window.  Then left click on the Precise Node window (e.g. a button to add Dv) and the node will deselect because I'm effectively clicking through the menu into space.  Clicking quickly deselects the target because it's an effective double click on space.  This bug occurs with both modes of Click Through Blocker, the follow mouse and click menu first to select.  It seems this mod just doesn't work with Click Through Blocker, which makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong since the writeup says CTB is a hard dependency.

I'll take a look at this, in the meantime, a log file would be useful

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll take a look at this, in the meantime, a log file would be useful

Thanks for helping, I hope these are satisfactory: -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6o87g57p6o2hvqu/KSP.log?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/52d63n4hqaolukt/Player.log?dl=0

Verbose logging was turned on.  I don't have the KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt, I'm assuming that is for an older version of KSP.

Environment:  I cleared out all my mods except for precise node, click through,  and toolbar control to get a pure testbed, started a new sandbox game, and repeated the issue.  Tested with clicking through one to deselect the node, and quicker clicking to deselect the target.

• 3 weeks later...

New release, 1.2.12

• Thanks to Github user @WagnerGFX for this:
    • Fixed the Intuitive Maneuvers feature. The logic itself is intact, what I changed was another logic that detected new maneuver nodes to add the handler to override the stock behavior.
    • Added a fix to the "+ Orb" button that was displaying as "- + Orb" while only incrementing.
      • This issue was in the English, Spanish and Russian translation, but not on the Chinese one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello,

Thanks for the mod, really useful.

I have one issue though. I was orbiting the Mun and wanted to dock with a space station. So I set it as target, created a manoeuver node and wanted to align my inclination by moving the manoeuver to the ascending node.

However when I click on AN or DN, the manoeuver node moves a bit but ends up not at all aligned with it.  It seems like it tries to align with something else but I don't know what it may be.

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.