[1.12.x] Trajectories v2.4.5 (2023-08-22) : atmospheric predictions

Kobymaru

1 hour ago, Russekof71 said:

Lots of errors related to thos:

System.TypeLoadException: VTable setup of type RSSTimeFormatter.DefaultDateTimeFormatter failed 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35

So you need to find out why that's happening.  Not sure if that's the issue, but that's where you have lots of errors in the log files

7 hours ago, Mr.dobsonian said:

Only ended up working for me after I installed Blizzy's toolbar

Strange ??

You got a log I can take a look at ?

2 hours ago, Russekof71 said:

Tweakscale is also showing errors.

18 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Define  "not working"

Also, you should provide logs

Not showing up, not functioning in any way. if I pull out RSS it works. Thanks Linuxgurugamer, hope I got this right.

Player Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4aj12ffyfe7e80v/Player.log?dl=0

Ksp: 1.12.2

Module Manager  4.2.1

Kopernicus  2:release-1.12.1-59

ModularFlightIntegrator  1.2.10.0

KSC Switcher  v2.0.0.0

Real Solar System  v18.1.5

RSS DateTime Formatter  1.6.1.0

Trajectories  v2.4.2

5 hours ago, steve166h said:

Not showing up, not functioning in any way. if I pull out RSS it works. Thanks Linuxgurugamer, hope I got this right.

Module Manager  4.2.1

KSC Switcher  v2.0.0.0

Trajectories  v2.4.2

Well, I'll let @Kobymaru deal with this, sounds like there are conflicts in RSS, and I don't have time to debug this.

7 hours ago, Mr.dobsonian said:

Could you upload your log to say Google drive or dropbox then post the link here. Posting the log in text form on the forum will probably get it deleted due to it's size, also the log is clipped short when its posted on the forum and emails to users notified by this thread will be huge due to the posted log file.

One thing I have noticed is if a mod that loads before Trajectories has a problem loading then Trajectories also fails and always at the same place. 

Exception loading ScenarioModule Trajectories: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Trajectories.Settings' threw an exception. --->

This error occurs while Trajectories is constructing its settings and calls the method KSP.IO.PluginConfiguration.CreateForType, the error occurs inside KSP's code and thus the problem can't be fixed by me.

Next release I'll put the call in a try block and catch the error and exit Trajectories gracefully with an on screen warning to the user.

16 hours ago, steve166h said:

Module Manager  4.2.1

KSC Switcher  v2.0.0.0

Trajectories  v2.4.2

Try updating RSS DateTime Formatter to the latest GitHub version, although even that is for KSP 1.8 - 1.10 Release 1.10.1 for KSP 1.8-1.10 · KSP-RO/RSSTimeFormatter

31 minutes ago, PiezPiedPy said:

One thing I have noticed is if a mod that loads before Trajectories has a problem loading then Trajectories also fails and always at the same place. 

Exception loading ScenarioModule Trajectories: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Trajectories.Settings' threw an exception. --->

This error occurs while Trajectories is constructing its settings and calls the method KSP.IO.PluginConfiguration.CreateForType, the error occurs inside KSP's code and thus the problem can't be fixed by me.

Next release I'll put the call in a try block and catch the error and exit Trajectories gracefully with an on screen warning to the user.

You can add a depends to the code:

For example, the following added to the AssemblyInfo.cs:

[assembly: KSPAssemblyDependency("ToolbarController", 1, 0)]

will make sure that the Toolbarcontroller is loaded before the mod which depends on it

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You can add a depends to the code:

For example, the following added to the AssemblyInfo.cs:

[assembly: KSPAssemblyDependency("ToolbarController", 1, 0)]

will make sure that the Toolbarcontroller is loaded before the mod which depends on it

I cant see how that would help, Trajectories does not depend on any other mods apart from Module Manager.

The issue is with KSP, If KSP is loading a mod before Trajectories and that mod fails while it is loading, then Trajectories will also fail to load.

3 minutes ago, PiezPiedPy said:

I cant see how that would help, Trajectories does not depend on any other mods apart from Module Manager.

The issue is with KSP, If KSP is loading a mod before Trajectories and that mod fails while it is loading, then Trajectories will also fail to load.

Oh, I didn't realize that.  Sorry.

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, I'll let @Kobymaru deal with this, sounds like there are conflicts in RSS, and I don't have time to debug this.

Just popped over to RSS Date thing to nose about and raise an issue but they don't seem too friendly over there Forum Discussion of Issues encountered in KSP 1.12 · Issue #17 · KSP-RO/RSSTimeFormatter :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Oh, I didn't realize that.  Sorry.

np ;)

3 minutes ago, PiezPiedPy said:

Just popped over to RSS Date thing to nose about and raise an issue but they don't seem too friendly over there Forum Discussion of Issues encountered in KSP 1.12 · Issue #17 · KSP-RO/RSSTimeFormatter :rolleyes:

I just left them a note about the change which was done in Kronometer for the same problem.

Until they get it updated, anything about RSS is that it's not yet supported on 1.12

19 hours ago, steve166h said:

Module Manager  4.2.1

KSC Switcher  v2.0.0.0

Trajectories  v2.4.2

I've just built an unofficial release of RSS DateTime Formatter for KSP 1.12.x you can download it from here GitHub RSSDateTime-v1.10.2.0 KSP 1.12.x Unofficial.zip It will at least allow Trajectories to run :wink:

Edited by PiezPiedPy

Been following these posts for a while as I was also trying to find the culprit myself (long mod list... didn't want to post a huge log without trying first), turned out to be timeformatter as well for me as well.
Re-installed everything over again and removed the timeformatter and that fixed this:

For me. I guess the post above with the patch for 1.12.x probably also works.

Great mod, was going nuts not having it working!

Thanks for the time helping people out!

8 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

Could you upload your log to say Google drive or dropbox then post the link here. Posting the log in text form on the forum will probably get it deleted due to it's size, also the log is clipped short when its posted on the forum and emails to users notified by this thread will be huge due to the posted log file.

Apologises for the inconvenience, here's the new one:
https://pastebin.com/WJA8NaYr

Edited by Mr.dobsonian

6 hours ago, Mr.dobsonian said:

Apologises for the inconvenience, here's the new one:
https://pastebin.com/WJA8NaYr

There is only half a log file in the link, it should be much longer, all the needed info is closer to the end of the log which in your case is missing, did you cut and paste or upload the log file ?

You should upload the file rather than cut and paste as the log is usually much bigger than your clipboard buffer.

17 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

There is only half a log file in the link, it should be much longer, all the needed info is closer to the end of the log which in your case is missing, did you cut and paste or upload the log file ?

You should upload the file rather than cut and paste as the log is usually much bigger than your clipboard buffer.

There are two text document files in the log folder, could this be why only half is there?

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Try reading a bit, the link is in my signature:

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

I wasn't asking for support. I was simply answering you, however I will have a look at that thread.

Edited by Mr.dobsonian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.