[1.12.x] Trajectories v2.4.5 (2023-08-22) : atmospheric predictions

Kobymaru

21 hours ago, mdapol said:

@linuxgurugamer  No success.  Uninstalled those mods and still get the same exception.

[LOG 08:52:12.154] [Trajectories] v2.4.1 Starting
[ERR 08:52:12.159] Exception loading ScenarioModule Trajectories: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Trajectories.Settings' threw an exception. ---> System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0
  at AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembyList.GetPathByType (System.Type type) [0x00020] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.GetPathByType (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0
  at KSP.IO.IOUtils.GetFilePathFor (System.Type T, System.String file, Vessel flight) [0x00005] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0
  at KSP.IO.PluginConfiguration.CreateForType[T] (Vessel flight) [0x00000] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0
  at Trajectories.Settings..cctor () [0x00007] in <54b43012425c4547b2c53f8eb9f179ca>:0
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_generic_class_init(intptr)
  at Trajectories.Trajectories.OnLoad (ConfigNode node) [0x0000b] in <54b43012425c4547b2c53f8eb9f179ca>:0
  at ScenarioModule.Load (ConfigNode node) [0x0000e] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0
  at ScenarioRunner.AddModule (ConfigNode node) [0x0005e] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0

As you can see, I have ZeroMiniAVC installed already.

[LOG 08:45:24.392] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'ZeroMiniAVC' from assembly 'ZeroMiniAVC'
[LOG 08:45:24.396] ZeroMiniAVC: Awake

Any more ideas?

KSP log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d5qlbftp8ylukap/KSP.log?dl=0

I don't see anything obvious, other than the exceptions you found.

You are running mods in a Steam install.  This is never a good idea, because it leads to issues like this.  Most likely there are left-over files from mods you've removed, etc.

Best thing to do would be to do the following:

1. Move the ENTIRE KSP directory:  "F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program"  out of there somewhere else.  Don't delete it.  If it won't let you move it, then copy it.
  2. Reinstall using Steam
  3. Copy the new install somewhere else
  4. Use CKAN to install the mods into the new install
  5. Copy the "save" directory from the KSP directory from the original copy into the new install
  6. Run the game and see if it works on the new install

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Player.log, please.  This isn't my mod, but I'll take a look at the log file later today

What is a Player.log?

I'll try your suggestion and report back.

Edited by mdapol

@linuxgurugamer  So I tried your suggestion.  After reloading a clean install I noticed that there were two MiniAvc.log files still present.  I tracked it down to two mods that ZeroMiniAVC is apparently missing:  RecoveryController  and KISKIS uses something called MiniAVC-V2.dll.

I manually pruned both of those and now I don't get any MiniAVC logs being generated.  I also do not get the exception in Trajectories in the KSP.log file.

However

I still don't see the Trajectories mod in the Toolbar in the Space Center view or in the Tracking Station view.

Player.log is here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/htybjlqavqozcme/Player.log?dl=0

KSP.log is here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkp26espzad8b0z/KSP.log?dl=0

3 minutes ago, mdapol said:

MiniAVC-V2.dll.

is fine, it is a working version.  I'll look at the RecoveryController.

Regarding the Trajectories mod, try deleting the toolbar.dat file in the GameData directory.  Also, did you configure the Toolbar to actually show the Trajectories button?

Trajectories doesn't show up in the list for Toolbar Controller.  So, no.

It doesn't show up in Blizzy toolbar either.

Deleting the toolbar.dat file changed nothing.

Edited by mdapol

One of your problems is that you have JNSQ installed on 1.12.2.  JNSQ includes an older version of Kronometer, which doesn't work on 1.12.  Another is that there are two copies of Kopernicus.Parser, also included in JNSQ.

Delete the files:

JNSQ/JNSQ_Plugins/Kronometer/Plugins/Kopernicus.Parser.dll
JNSQ/JNSQ_Plugins/Kronometer/Plugins/Kronometer.dll

and (by hand) install an updated version of Kronometer, get it from here:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/Kronometer/releases/latest

CKAN won't (at this time) install the correct version due to some old data, it's being worked on, but not resolved yet

Ok, so with the new Kronometer, Trajectories appears to be working.  Still doesn't show up in the Toolbar (or in Toolbar Config) but that might be the toolbar.dat file.  I'll try deleting it and running again.  Question though, is the only GUI for Trajectories via the Toolbar button?

Hi all, I downloaded this mod and it doesn't seem to be working, the red line doesn't show up nor does it appear in the toolbar. I've seen some people say before that you need to rename the .bin files but no .bin files were downloaded, I have module manager btw.

Edited by Mr.dobsonian

On 8/31/2021 at 2:58 AM, Mr.dobsonian said:

Hi all, I downloaded this mod and it doesn't seem to be working, the red line doesn't show up nor does it appear in the toolbar. I've seen some people say before that you need to rename the .bin files but no .bin files were downloaded, I have module manager btw.

You need the Blizzy toolbar, also, a log file is always helpful.  Finally, the bin files are from a very old version, not used anymore

New release is up!

Version 2.4.2 for KSP 1.8 to 1.12.x

Download from GitHub or Spacedock

Full Changelog:

## v2.4.2 for KSP 1.8 to 1.12.x
 - 2021-09-07

### Changes since the last release
 - Added hotkeys to show/hide the GUI (RightAlt+T) and to show/hide the Trajectory (LeftAlt+T),
    default keys can be changed by editing the config.xml file.

On 8/31/2021 at 3:44 AM, mdapol said:

Ok, so with the new Kronometer, Trajectories appears to be working.  Still doesn't show up in the Toolbar (or in Toolbar Config) but that might be the toolbar.dat file.  I'll try deleting it and running again.  Question though, is the only GUI for Trajectories via the Toolbar button?

On 9/2/2021 at 12:56 AM, Mr.dobsonian said:

I see... thanks for the help.

The Trajectories toolbar icon is only available while in flight and does not require Blizzy's Toolbar to be installed.

17 minutes ago, Russekof71 said:

Hello, I am playing on RSS in 1.12.2, I am using trajectories but the problem is that the icon to use the mode does not appear. And the other problem is that I don't know how to find the bug report. Could you help me thank you

It's in my sig:

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.