On rails rover rotation

Hi all.

I have a rover, which is moved when on rails, and I need to rotate it in a such way, that it's always up (perpendicular to the surface slope will be better, but up is enough), when you switch to it. Something what's Hyperedit do, when lands rover and rotation is switched on. I looked into the Hyperedits code and tried the whole day to get some result, but now I'm lost in Vectors, Quaternions and Transforms. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot :)

Edited by maja

I can't help you directly, but KRASH has a function that allows vessels to be placed on an arbitrary planetary surface. Maybe you can have a look at how he solved the problem? The source code is here.

EDIT: it must be somewhere here or in an adjacent part of the code.

Edited by Three_Pounds

@Three_Pounds I'll looked on it and it's the same code as Hyperedit. For active vessel. But thanks anyway.

@wasml No, it hasn't. Try it somewhere on a smaller body like Minmus and you see it for yourself. There is only latitude, longitude and altitude change. I know it, because I'm trying to fix it :wink:

Edited by maja

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.