Russian Launch and Mission Thread

tater

1 hour ago, Minmus Taster said:

Wow. They're actually going to launch it. I'm not even sure I want to bet on this one, I'd just be wasting money : P

Yeah, Moon landers haven't been very successful last couple of years. 

It would be a tremendous PR hit if the mission were to fail, at a time where the Russian government really doesn't need more PR hits. So that might compel them to do the quality assurance process properly to maximize the odds of success.

Then again, it could also be that the desperation for a PR win compels them to launch it now, odds of success be damned. Bad news can always be buried.

On 8/8/2023 at 11:14 PM, Codraroll said:

It would be a tremendous PR hit if the mission were to fail, at a time where the Russian government really doesn't need more PR hits.

Nobody would even notice, except some internet forum experts.

It's too far from the daily routines, and those who can be PRed are PRed by other things than moonar landers.

32 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Telemetry is tested.

Scientific tools are tested and have delivered scientific measurements.

https://www.interfax.ru/russia/916003

Don't give me hope Hawkyeye meme explained - Memepedia

I was expecting Fregat to fail within a day and leave it to fall out of orbit. Huh. So NASA delays a project for 20 years and we get James Webb and Roscosmos does it and gives us a 90's era lander?

2 hours ago, DDE said:

and the museum stand.

Almost all VA TKS depictions in KSP mods and so include the red support structure on its hatch door, actually never mounted on it in flight.

It's just for the rescue team to softly open the jettisonnable hatch door on ground.

Edited by kerbiloid