Cadet_BNSF

So I just recently read @Angel-125's  K.E.E.P. mission report, and I saw all of the cool things that could be done with his Heisenberg Airship mod, and it got me to wondering-is it possible to build a base in Jool's atmosphere with Heisenberg airship parts? It would be a pain to get to, but it would be awesome once there. Tell me what you think, and maybe I will try to do it.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/159763-kerbin-elcano-exploration-project-chapter-ten-going-for-a-swim/

2 hours ago, Cadet_BNSF said:

So I just recently read @Angel-125's  K.E.E.P. mission report, and I saw all of the cool things that could be done with his Heisenberg Airship mod, and it got me to wondering-is it possible to build a base in Jool's atmosphere with Heisenberg airship parts? It would be a pain to get to, but it would be awesome once there. Tell me what you think, and maybe I will try to do it.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/159763-kerbin-elcano-exploration-project-chapter-ten-going-for-a-swim/

Angel's mods not only contain Heisenburg but also AirPark, or would work very well with it. AirPark lets you fix a vessel (effectively put it on rails) at whatever altitude within an atmosphere so a Jool or Eve sky base is very doable. (Of course there's the issue of limited interaction capability while the vessel is in this state (can't EVA or dock for example).

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Angel's mods not only contain Heisenburg but also AirPark, or would work very well with it. AirPark lets you fix a vessel (effectively put it on rails) at whatever altitude within an atmosphere so a Jool or Eve sky base is very doable. (Of course there's the issue of limited interaction capability while the vessel is in this state (can't EVA or dock for example).

Actually, you can interact with the parked vessel. The game treats it as if landed. Check out

I parked the Akron over water and flew the tiltrotors to recover a Brumby capsule. I haven't tried parking in Jool's atmosphere but I believe it's doable. The trick with AirPark is to set the parking break, do a quicksave, and then quickload to get the game to think the ship is landed. You do have to turn off engines, and keep your SAS on, or your vessel will slowly start to list from the weight shift.

Heisenberg has a flight deck system, so you could park a large craft in Jool's atmosphere and land on it. Maybe a future story will give that a try. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.