[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

I used to have ladders going down to the ground on my 3 man rockets. Then I discovered I could just eva and end flight to get rid of a kerbal (this also avoids the problem of eventually having a crown of kerbals at the laucnh pad, just waiting for a rocket to fail and rain down upon them. Currently working on seeing what I can get into orbit, without going totally crazy. Need to clean up my rocket saves, since most of them are invalids from the last version.

Something still seems to be wrong with the 2m parts as well. I got a beefed up coupler so that I am not launching huge rockets fastened together with twine and prayers, but my fuel tanks are crashing into each other, which tells me the fuel tanks are now buckling in my rockets. Don't know how to fix that. Think I'll leave them alone for now, since the only 2m rockets I can get into space are only designed for orbital purposes, as rondevouz craft. Ones rescue rocket should not be less reliable than every other rocket in the fleet. Odd thing is, my ascendant design used to work just fine. That rocket has performed rescue missions before. Might just rebuild it from the ground up.

At some point I might try to design an inverted lander, as proof of concept for performing vanilla missions entirely from IVA, with the hope of being able to land on solid surfaces without needing anything to give me a more exact altitude.

The fuel tanks crashing into each other may owe something to a bug that sometimes causes parts to jump every 6km travelled by the vehicle, assuming it's happening with that kind of frequency/timing as you lift off. I've noticed it more often while using Damned Robotics in orbit  one time it punted a Kerbal so hard it killed him  but every now and then it can affect one of the more solid, blocky rockets of my fleet, which are generally the most stable for me. If the problem can't be fixed by struts, rebuilding is probably the best way to get around this bug.

Yeah, I really noticed that tonight watching my main rocket launch. I didn't get the distance interval, but it jumps causing a huge g force spike, and I think it is these jumps that are destroying my 2m rocket. REally hope that this is fixed for .17, though not expecting it to be.

First of all, why the heck should we believe you? You're not even one of the testers, let alone an official.

Second, starting controversy over release dates by saying "it'll be out at such and such a time" without providing evidence is against the rules, as is all discussion of the release dates.

It's a fair bet there'll be a mod coming by to reprimand you as well.

Sigh... instead of causing trouble, please just wait around in a state of perpetual impatience like the rest of us :P We're all on our toes waiting for it, okay?

Edited by vexx32

For those asking when 0.17 will be coming out, it will be released either this friday or early next week (most likely monday).

Yeah I think too! It was clearly shown by the way the blood was sputtering out of that beheaded hen I just sacrificed for the glory of the mighty Space Kraken.

I thought it was a generally accepted MO to not talk about our release date predictions!

You guys are dangerously close to getting sacrificed to the space Kraken!

Word of advice, for you and others: Mods are all powerful, until you stop believing in them.

Do not challenge the mods! I saw someone do that once... there were no survivors.

Edited by Felsmak

Word of advice, for you and others: Mods are all powerful, until you stop believing in them.

I've been here far longer than you... I think I know fairly well how strict and "powerful" the mods here are. Don't waltz on in and start causing a ruckus for no good reason. It's irritating and quite frankly a waste of everyone's time.

@Mounti:

Yes, it is a violation of the rules to discuss release dates.

Let's get this back on topic before we get another decent thread locked, guys. Lickstaph, quit causing trouble. We neither want nor need it. Thanks.

Now...

Anyone got any confirmed info on whether or not we're actually getting many new parts? I've seen the mini-SRBs and one or two other things, but is anyone else aware of any others?

Yeah I think too! It was clearly shown by the way the blood was sputtering out of that beheaded hen I just sacrificed for the glory of the mighty Space Kraken.

I thought it was a generally accepted MO to not talk about our release date predictions!

Fact is you dont know when its coming out. Please dont do this. It will be out when its ready.

When i first joined this forum i was amazed that the devs talk to the community about there baby (game) unlike other dev teams on other games. But recently i have come to realize why they dont, Its cos of post's like that and few pages back people moaning "OMG i want it now realize it now am entitled to it" Just f**k off! really F**k off.

It will be out when its ready to be out.

yes i do want it now the difference is, I understand things take time. I would prefer they take there time with it so its less buggy.This update alone is like a DLC in terms of content be grateful to Squad, as they are not money grabbing wankers (looks at EA)

just wait

For most of my rockets, the launch tower is actually too far away to even be practical as a launch tower XD and even with my Saturn V style rocket, the launch tower was dwarfed by that thing! How the Kerbals even got up into the command pod is beyond me... I think the launch tower as it stands now isn't going to be how it is when the game is finished. It needs to be brainstormed by the devs to see what they will do with it, but not having a launch tower would make the launch pad look really strange. It's fine as it is now for its aesthetic purpose, but that's about it.

Have anyone noticed that while all parts were re-scaled in .16 the KSC buildings weren't?

I can't wait to try landing on those new planets, and I'm really interested in these new Scenario's :)

For me, it's the modding part of Scenarios/persistence files which interests me.

It's always nice to have more options for something, and editing settings at a universe level, instead of a ship level, is great.

That pic D: OMG i cried... aha, i like the idea of building your launch tower, having it as a requirement for your rocket you'd have a chance to scale the tower and drag it closer/further away from the rocket, it would be quite interesting adding that aspect to it.