[1.9.x] Textures Unlimited - PBR-Shader, Texture Set, and Model Loading API

Shadowmage

27 minutes ago, Electrocutor said:

A quick note: my cfg's don't work as-intended in version 1.0.0.6 as there seem to have been some code reversions to config syntax since 1.0.0.5.

Apologies on that -- I'll pack up a fixed up release tonight so that the existing configs work again (revert the reversion....).

4 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

Updated release is available:

https://github.com/shadowmage45/TexturesUnlimited/releases/tag/1.0.0.7

Fixes up the reversions to shader property names, as well as a couple other minor fixes that slipped through the last release.

What did you do ;.;  Elon Kerbals Rocket was 

gQA9ceX.png

and now its this not the same ;.;

2IsIuyZ.png
Edited by Mecripp

56 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

My rockets are still metallic and spec(tac)ular, so I think you did something wrong with your install.

Like ?    It's only one file really how can you get it wrong ? 

Edit- @Jimbodiah it was my bad had to change one line in the cfg don't know when I changed it but found it lol sorry

Edited by Mecripp

I am finding if I try and force d3d11 I get a very subtle effect, on some parts none on others, but not forcing anything gets me mirror finishes on most things. Using an AMD RX-480 on Windows 10, not sure what to make of it, trying to force opengl crashes my game

Oh I am using vens, and porkjet overhauls with electrocutors configs, Astronomers, Kopernicus and TRR, no scatterer 

Edited by selfish_meme

2 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

but not forcing anything gets me mirror finishes on most things.

Yes, DX9 has rendering errors.  Known issue, listed in the OP.

2 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I am finding if I try and force d3d11 I get a very subtle effect, on some parts none on others,

Yes, it will depend on the specific part.  Some parts should be much more reflective/shinier than others -- that is the beauty of PBR, you actually have control over those settings. 

If you really want to see the full extent of what the shaders are capable of, check out SSTU and its 'recolorable parts' -- it exposes full control over the RGB, Specular, and Metal values for most of the parts in the mods (along with specific patterns to choose from).

If you think what you are seeing is in error... screenshots are about the only way to know what you are looking at.

4 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

typing dxiag on command line shows I'm running dx11. Everything looks good to me. Any reason to use force dx11?

Yes, because by default KSP uses DX9, even if your hardware supports DX12 (regardless of what dxdiag reports).

Give DX11 a try -- the visuals are so much better on reflective parts.  (it really doesn't make any difference on legacy shaders, but on the PBR shaders, it fixes an extremely bad cube-map mip-map blurring issue in Unity)

Sorry to need hand holding but.... I right clicked my desktop (no steam) short cut for KSP. At the end of the target line after ksp_64.exe and before the " I added -force d3d11 A box opens and tells me this is not valid. What stupid thing am I doing wrong? Windows 8 by the way. 

10 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

At the end of the target line after ksp_64.exe and before the "

That quote mark may be the issue. Can you paste the entire text that is the 'Target' field, just so we don't have to solve this one character at a time?

The options should be outside the quotes. The quotes are only needed in case the path to the exe uses special characters (or a space), but the options need to not be quoted.

Here is my target line as copied direct (the user name removed here for my security comfort):

"C:\Users\***\Desktop\Kerbal Space Program 131\KSP_x64.exe"

I've tried several different flag adds with and without spaces, inside and outside of quotes.

What I thought most likely is "C:\Users\***\Desktop\Kerbal Space Program 131\KSP_x64.exe-force-d3d11" but does not work

4 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

Here is my target line as copied direct (the user name removed here for my security comfort):

"C:\Users\***\Desktop\Kerbal Space Program 131\KSP_x64.exe"

I've tried several different flag adds with and without spaces, inside and outside of quotes.

What I thought most likely is "C:\Users\***\Desktop\Kerbal Space Program 131\KSP_x64.exe-force-d3d11" but does not work

You want it to be this:

"C:\Users\***\Desktop\Kerbal Space Program 131\KSP_x64.exe" -force-d3d11

Where the *** is replaced by the actual user folder path.  Note the location of the quotes, and that there is a space between the last quote and the -force line.  Yes, the quotes should be included.

Just now, Red Shirt said:

Well crap, the one thing I didn't try. Thank for the help and sorry for being a pest.

No worries, just hope you enjoy the improved visuals :)

(as long as you aren't running Kopernicus anyway... MFI/Kopernicus cause problems with DX11.... but in those cases OpenGL has generally worked fine)

4 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I am finding if I try and force d3d11 I get a very subtle effect, on some parts none on others, but not forcing anything gets me mirror finishes on most things. Using an AMD RX-480 on Windows 10, not sure what to make of it, trying to force opengl crashes my game

Oh I am using vens, and porkjet overhauls with electrocutors configs, Astronomers, Kopernicus and TRR, no scatterer 

Make sure you are using version 1.0.0.7. v1.0.0.6 was bugged. If so, please give a screenshot of which part is having an issue.

1 minute ago, Jimbodiah said:

I run kopernicus for RSS but have not had any issues in dx11.

I think Kopernicus _can_ cause issues with dx11, but only in specific circumstances. For example, I've never had major issues with dx11, Kopernicus, and KSPRC terrain; but with SVT it does have major issues. I've not taken the time to hammer testing what exactly causes it because the Kopernicus cfgs are huge.

8 minutes ago, Electrocutor said:

I've not taken the time to hammer testing what exactly

Me either...

8 minutes ago, Electrocutor said:

because the Kopernicus cfgs are huge.

Because the code is also huge :)

That is generally good to know though -- I was under the impression that merely having Kopernicus installed could cause problems with DX11;  but perhaps it is more specific to Kopernicus + SVT + DX11, other other specific setups that play with the Kerbin PQS.