Horizon Aeronautics - Development Thread

stubbles

The size isn't so bad right now. We'll see :)

Figured I'd show some sketchup links. The materials and textures look like crap in Sketchfab for some reason, not like Unity/KSP. Those pics I posted above are straight from Unity Editor and KSP - both of which seem to have far better material and specular rendering.

Wow. This is incredible. I love this rocket. :) Can't wait for the final version.

Would you consider the Energia as your next project? It could use the Zenit's first stage as a booster (which you already modeled) and a modular main fuel tank to allow making all members of the family, from Energia-M to Vulkan. BobCat already did the baseline Energia, but it's a bit clunky and rather inflexible, pretty much only good for launching his Buran.

The size isn't so bad right now. We'll see :)

Figured I'd show some sketchup links. The materials and textures look like crap in Sketchfab for some reason, not like Unity/KSP. Those pics I posted above are straight from Unity Editor and KSP - both of which seem to have far better material and specular rendering.

That upper stage is EXACTLY what i've been waiting for :D

Right now it's sitting at 52MB, including some custom engine sounds. There are still two more textures to complete (stage2 tank and RD-120 engine). But both of those are kind of already accounted for, since there are placeholder textures on them. So I wouldn't think it would grow much larger.

Right now it's sitting at 52MB, including some custom engine sounds. There are still two more textures to complete (stage2 tank and RD-120 engine). But both of those are kind of already accounted for, since there are placeholder textures on them. So I wouldn't think it would grow much larger.

Perfect! I will go back into cryosleep as I wait.

Nice! Hopefully it'll work well for ya :D

I have a lot to do on the diffuse/spec, but I'm calling the normals done at least. This is the 1st stage fuel tank for the RD-171

EHRMEGERD, those textures are amazing! Do you do them yourself?

So stubbles, any initial estimates on model size? KSO is 250mb and also the (3rd) most beautiful shuttle in existence.

3rd???? What are the 1st two? lol :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.