Kerbin Konstructs Airbase Building for Campaign

Matuchkin

Me, @dundun92, @dundun93, and @JollyGreenGI are about to start working on a sort of BDA campaign, consisting of multiple missions in KSP scenarios format. To do this, I would like to spread a selection of stock, simple airbases around Kerbin, fit for the occasion. My estimate is that we will need anywhere from 25 to 50 airbases 10 to 15 of them actually (but fear not because many of them can be the same stock model, just altered by a tiny margin). Since I am hard-pressed for time in real life and have no present copy of KSP, I have no choice but to search for volunteers.

I would like to suggest some requirements for each base:

- The bases should look similar. These aren't diverse airports, these are military airfields. Think of the bases in DCS, but much smaller and more simple.

- The bases should have a) 4 plane hangars, b) 1 or 2 runway(s), c) A tower, d) 2 to 4 fuel tanks.

- Try to make each base component in close proximity to each other: no huge, complex taxiways.

- You are free to add your own small changes into each base to make them different, i.e. orientation changes for runways or hangar blocks, perhaps a small cluster of apartment buildings adjacent to it, etc.

Thank you for your consideration, future volunteer (whoever you are). I hope this project goes well.

PS: By the way, ple(ple[please]ase)ase state your experience with KerbinSide/Kerbal Konstructs construction, and the dedication you are willing to have. I will PM you if you wish to add to this project, and explain further.

Edited by Matuchkin

Guys, try to make them as drab and military as possible: not to stray too far from your comfort zone with these ones (after all they are military). Thanks for your help.

By the way, sometime in the next two months I may get a better computer, so I will be able to actually put in some elbow grease rather than grey matter.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.