How to create new buildings?

0something0

Based on your tags, you already know about Kerbal Konstructs. 

Use that to add buildings. There are many sets of building models to choose from, and you can resize anything to your liking.

if you want to create your own models, you should probably ask on that thread for advice.

Hi to get new buildings in the game you will need first to create a model and complete the import process, and use Kerbal konstructs to place it.

Making the building is the same as making parts and part modelling tutorial from start to finish will cover all the steps and more that are required.

As a maker and user of a lot of static models, i''d advise a small project to start with, and be aware that just because it's only a building no less care can be taken with geometry etc,  the converse is actually true,  buildings are on display in every scene and rendered out to physics range, so any defect in the building structure can and does have an impact on the game. And i wont even mention the trouble you'll have manipulating a model that size in unity or loaded in a ksp scene

Start small have fun, start huge get frustrated.

good luck on the upcoming adventure :)

Thanks! The thing is I want the models to work out of the box so it will just be there when I put the mod folder in the GameData folder with KK. I suspect the easiest way to do this is by reverse engineering mods that already do this but licensing *may* be an issue.

I don't think the size will be an issue as the shape will be geometrically simple.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.