Strange artifact floating around my Soviet-style ships

I believe this is a bug, and I am not sure where it's coming from.  I have put a capture of the mods I am using (though it showed up not long after I started playing and I had only a handful of working mods).

This thing floats around outside my Soviet-styled capsules  It looks cool but not floating in space irrationally.  I wonder has anyone else seen it.

https://imgur.com/a/MFxNQ

Yes, I’ve seen that. It seems related to an IVA feature that the devs seemed quite proud of in prerelease streams. There’s a periscope-like optical scope in IVA which has an overlay like this. Perhaps it’s migrated to the wrong render layer or something...

yUVTKhU.jpg

Sometimes it will trigger, other times it wont.  You can fire up that stock mission and decouple immediately to see it happen in a repeatable way.

Edited by klesh

I think the pea (2-seater) is the only one I've seen it on now that I consider it.  Sometimes it stays in that window, and another time I saw it kind of crawling around outside. 

It does look like it's meant to be looked through, so I suspect it has somehow detached from its normal spot and is a bit lost.

7 minutes ago, Angiebuck said:

It does look like it's meant to be looked through

Yes, if I recall it was used to help orient the craft for descent. 

feoktistov_cabin_1.jpg

Try that one mission, you should be able to decouple immediately after it starts and see the anomaly happen 100% of the time (for some reason).  It wont happen if you just put the pod on a launchpad and decouple.

Edited by klesh

OK so what I have now is a docked pea and pomegranate, and it's in the correct place on the pomegranate and yea, that looks right.

I undocked the pea, and suddenly it had apparently picked up the docking marker, or a copy of it, which is floating a couple of meters away from it not attached to anything.  THAT''s the oddity.

I also saw one floating around not attached to anything, outside the onion capsule.  The one that is sitting in the correct position on the pomegranate is the only one that looks right.

Edited by Angiebuck
removed repetitive points

Did some more testing.  Its pretty much just the Pea with the issue.  Totally repeatable.  Another user thinks its simply an issue of a layer being saved in the wrong spot for the capsule:

9wXvEpm.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.