[1.8.1 - 1.12.2] KSP Interstellar Extended 1.29.5 Release Thread

FreeThinker

8 hours ago, ctbram said:

This mod is broken.

The nerva and other nuclear engines are worthless.

Take the NERVA and add a probe core, battery, and fl-800 tank with hydrogen and you get a rediculous and totally unusable 1200dv.  kerbal engineer says I get 1000 isp, and 1.58 twr yet it cannot lift itself off the launch pad.

The same configuration with an fl-800 with lfo and a swivel gets 3600 dv and twr of 3.6 with an isp of only 320s!  

How is this loveing possible? With 1000 isp the nerva should get at least 3 times the dv. As this is working now the nuclear engines in kspie are unusable.

So now I have yet another game I have played to year 8+ and have to start all over because I can't take kspie out of my build without killing half my ships and screwing the tech tree.  BTW the tutorials also suck ass!  I use the original version by I think it was fractal-something and it was great.  This version is total crap!

This mod is broken.

Take the NERVA and add a probe core, battery, and fl-800 tank with hydrogen and you get a rediculous and totally unusable 1200dv.  kerbal engineer says I get 1000 isp, and 1.58 twr yet it cannot lift itself off the launch pad.

The same configuration with an fl-800 with lfo and a swivel gets 3600 dv and twr of 3.6 with an isp of only 320s!  

How is this loveing possible? With 1000 isp the nerva should get at least 3 times the dv. As this is working now the nuclear engines in kspie are unusable.

So now I have yet another game I have played to year 8+ and have to start all over because I can't take kspie out of my build without killing half my ships and screwing the tech tree.  BTW the tutorials also suck ass!  I use the original version by I think it was fractal-uk and it was great.  This version is total crap!

This mod is broken.

Take the NERVA and add a probe core, battery, and fl-800 tank with hydrogen and you get a ridiculous and totally unusable 1200dv.  kerbal engineer says I get 1000 isp, and 1.58 twr yet it cannot lift itself off the launch pad.

So now I have yet another game I have played to year 8+ and have to start all over because I can't take kspie out of my build without killing half my ships and screwing the tech tree.  BTW the tutorials also suck ass!  I used the original version by I think was fractal-uk and it was great.  This version is total crap!

the nerva isn't taking off the launchpad because it's a damn deep space engine and the change in Dv and twr is likely because you're in the atmosphere which massively reduces efficiency and thrust, and in turn dv and twr

Edited by Jeffery Kerman

• 1 month later...

This has been asked before but i couldn't find a fix (or just missed it). When clicking swap fuel on nuclear engines the enriched uranium bar disappears, making the engine unusable.
Is this a known problem with a fix, or do I have to downgrade to an older game version?
ksp 1.12
mod version 1.29.6

• 2 months later...
On 10/21/2023 at 10:05 PM, ctbram said:

This mod is broken.

So now I have yet another game I have played to year 8+ and have to start all over because I can't take kspie out of my build without killing half my ships and screwing the tech tree.  BTW the tutorials also suck ass!  I use the original version by I think it was fractal-something and it was great.  This version is total crap!

This mod is broken.

So now I have yet another game I have played to year 8+ and have to start all over because I can't take kspie out of my build without killing half my ships and screwing the tech tree.  BTW the tutorials also suck ass!  I use the original version by I think it was fractal-uk and it was great.  This version is total crap!

This mod is broken.

Take the NERVA and add a probe core, battery, and fl-800 tank with hydrogen and you get a ridiculous and totally unusable 1200dv.  kerbal engineer says I get 1000 isp, and 1.58 twr yet it cannot lift itself off the launch pad.

ISP is Engine efficiency. How well it turns that fuel into thrust.

The nuclear engines are incredibly efficient. With 1000 ISP every drop will be turned into DV.

The trade of is very little comparative thrust.

The weaker engines are far less fuel efficient, but deliver a great deal more thrust.

I have been playing KSP1 for a little over a year

And found the Wiki incredibly helpful.

Also, now that there are wonderful generative LLMs you can ask Bing something like "please explain ISP to me & tell me why my really awesome rocket with 1000 ISP nerv cannot leave Kerbin"

I had to watch a few you tube videos when I first started playing and still love the scott manely career series.

Hi! im not using KSPIE right now, but is an absolutely great mod. The reason i uninstalled it a few months ago, is because the daedalus engine just get broken in flight: I give it everything needed and it fire in the 1st ignition, but right after that, or after change to another vessel, the engine just show the plume but nothing else, stops generating thrust and the DeltaV desapear, even if the Pellets tanks are OK. Is no a bad setup of mine, just a bug that i was never able to solve. I writte this just in case somebody else face the same bug before, and can guide me in the right direction.

Edited by Ariel Kerman

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2024 at 7:05 PM, Ariel Kerman said:

Hi! im not using KSPIE right now, but is an absolutely great mod. The reason i uninstalled it a few months ago, is because the daedalus engine just get broken in flight: I give it everything needed and it fire in the 1st ignition, but right after that, or after change to another vessel, the engine just show the plume but nothing else, stops generating thrust and the DeltaV desapear, even if the Pellets tanks are OK. Is no a bad setup of mine, just a bug that i was never able to solve. I writte this just in case somebody else face the same bug before, and can guide me in the right direction.

Didn't you ran out of power for example? I just tried to replicate your problem in my testing save and all worked fine for me (switching to another vessel and throttling down to 0). I am too lazy to bother with sharing the craft file, but it was just the the daedalus engine, MHD generator, plasma fusion generator, big sphere tank with fusion pellets and a drone core. Tested on KSP 1.12.5 and latest release of KSPIE.

19 hours ago, Heller Kerman said:

Didn't you ran out of power for example? I just tried to replicate your problem in my testing save and all worked fine for me (switching to another vessel and throttling down to 0). I am too lazy to bother with sharing the craft file, but it was just the the daedalus engine, MHD generator, plasma fusion generator, big sphere tank with fusion pellets and a drone core. Tested on KSP 1.12.5 and latest release of KSPIE.

Hi! It wasn't a power issue for sure. I remember me making a brachistochrone trajectory to Tau Ceti with GU installed while time warping, directly from LKO, wich make wonder in awe. In the second ignition to decelerate, nothing happend.

• 2 weeks later...

So, i have another question.

This Alcubierre Drive (heavy) works very well for me together with "IXS Hull Reactor" - no problem at all.

But of course, im interrested in building some custom ships - mainly because this IXS hull is technically fine, but not really a beauty (sorry) :)

Regardless which kind of reactor (an combinations) i use, the drive works not a all.

Can somebody give me a hint, which combinaton or reactor is should us for success?

Maybe like  for example, use the "beam core reactor" with generator x and use this "fuel" (antimatter y) and be shhur, you have this and that connected 

THX in advance