KAC has destroyed my progression

Gargamel

On 4/30/2018 at 5:04 AM, 5thHorseman said:

I used to have the EXACT same problem. I tried several things to alleviate it but eventually I just had to accept that sometimes, time warping is OK.

This.

When I think about it, KAC was an enabler for this, not a fix.  I just had this feeling that I was going to lose all my good contracts and ...  well, maybe in older versions that was a problem but no, the game doesn't punish you for that now.

Another thing to keep in mind:  A space station with 750 data and a pair of level-1 scientists is set for a solid year.  If you spend all your time flying, that may be a literal year.

So the first part of my game will remain grinding, to earn the money and science to send up stations, after which I will be able to afford to relax and timewarp big missions out.

Probably several big missions, as I can't break old habits entirely.

On 4/30/2018 at 1:01 PM, Gargamel said:

KAC is a wonderful mod.  I really couldn't live without it.  So thank you @TriggerAu.

BUT.....

I'm getting no where in game.   I haven't for the past couple versions.  

Before I started using KAC, like v .2x, I would launch a mission, and fly it to completion.  I had no other choice, other than to miss manuever nodes and such.  I made it Eve, Jool, etc.  I did all the things, but one at a time.

Now I'm sitting here, waiting for a Duna transfer window to launch the first round of probes, and I see I have 43 days left.   So I think I'll send some tourists on a tour of the local moons.  Well that takes 20 days or so.  So I launch another one while the first is on it's way from the Mun to minmus.  Oops, now I gotta harvest the science from one of my stations.  Hmmm... more time to kill, I'll send up more tourists.   Oh now it's time to rotate the crews of the various stations I have.    Oh those crews aren't all level 2 yet?  Ok when they get back, send them on a tour of the moons.  Aight, now I'm preparing for the manned Duna mission on the next window.   Time to build the mothership (I use life support, so I build big interplanetary vessels).   Ok that's built, time for a shakedown tour of the moons.  Oh look, more time for tourists to the moons!  Build a space hotel?  Ok.....

I'm not getting anywhere, by doing so much.  Sigh.... 

Calm your rockets buddy :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.