[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

Actually I find it fairly easy to reach 100%+ on my first stage, and I usually run at < 100% engine power until after 10km to save fuel and prevent that. I also can break 200% on some planes.

Then you have too many engines, or are flying a plane to orbit. A rocket that breaks Atmospheric Efficiency is wasting a lot of fuel lifting a lot of engines. I can't speak on space planes. It's a dark art that I know nothing of.

That's not even a space plane. My regular plane with jet engines will hit 200% at low altitude (below 2000m).

Well technically every plane in KSP is a "space plane." I pretty much meant that if you're using non jet engines you should never approach - little alone exceed - terminal velocity.

My short foray into planes has shown me that with any jet but the lowest tech one, sneezing will break mach 1 and anything more will cause entry flames.

I'm a little confused by something in KER 1.0.16.6. When building a craft, it shows delta V as well as TWR.

I've had craft with TWR of over 8 come crashing back down at full power. And I just now built a super simple rocket, with TWR 8, that cannot leave the launch pad.

How am I using this wrong? I would have thought any craft with TWR greater than 1 would be able to launch.

Thanks! Love the mod.

twr.jpg

beelzerob, I think you are reading the vacuum stats for TWR (and possibly for the Mun or Minmus), on Kerbin with thick atmosphere some engines (like the Terrier pictured) produce far less thrust. Click the "compact" button and make sure that "Body: Kerbin" and "Atmospheric" buttons are selected for an idea of how it will behave on the pad.

I am having a weird glitch (I think), currently in my career mod all kerbals have engineer access, and drones also, I have no parts that would give them access on the ship. Just wondering if it is a feature once you get to a certain tech level or such. Started happening around the same time I lost target waypoints when trying to rendezvous with ships.

A very minor request: include zero digits in all timer values that are greater than zero. For example,

4h 53m 7.2s

becomes

04h 53m 07.02s

The "greater than zero" qualifier prevents 00years 00days .... etc.

Thank you for considering.

A very minor request: include zero digits in all timer values that are greater than zero. For example,

4h 53m 7.2s

becomes

04h 53m 07.02s

The "greater than zero" qualifier prevents 00years 00days .... etc.

Thank you for considering.

7.2s and 07.02s are not the same thing, though...

And how many zeroes would you put before years or days? It could make sense for hours, minutes and seconds, but it would also become inconsistent with all other time values in KSP.

And how many zeroes would you put before years or days? It could make sense for hours, minutes and seconds, but it would also become inconsistent with all other time values in KSP.

I'd say both years and days should have room for 3 digits, but they should not be 0 padded. They should be space padded. Also, hours need no padding if you're in Kerbin time but should be 0 padded if using Earth time.

Also, I assumed he transposed the 0 and the 2 by accident :)

Finally, hms should be in time format.

This:

1y 47d 04:05:07.20
102y 115d 15:53:14.19

looks better than:

1y 47d 04h 05m 07.20s
102y 115d 15h 53m 14.19s

which looks better than:

1y 47d 4h 5m 7.2s
102y 115d 15h 53m 14.19s

I just want to note how good KER's in-flight interface is. It look so ... I cannot even describe ... professional.

And nicely configurable too!

Damn good mod!

I used it for a long time, but now it's not only very useful, but very beautiful too.

I just ... don't know what to say.

Hi,

Apologies if this has been posted before, but my redux huds and panels keep disappearing in staging mode. The redux hot button on the HUD does nothing and the only thing that seems to fix it is a reinstall of the add on. The redux panel in the hangar works fine. It's just when I switch to staging mode that the redux huds and panels disappear.

Am I missing some hotkey or something simple?

For reference:

i7-4790k@4Ghz

GTX-760 2Gb (Running 2 monitors at different res {widescreen/non-widescreen}) Driver ver: 353.30

16Gb 1866Mhz RAM

Thanks (from a noob) ;)

It uses '\' to toggle the display, otherwise hover over the KER button (assuming that appears) and that should show a menu that allows you to toggle each individual section.

Hi,

Apologies if this has been posted before, but my redux huds and panels keep disappearing in staging mode. The redux hot button on the HUD does nothing and the only thing that seems to fix it is a reinstall of the add on. The redux panel in the hangar works fine. It's just when I switch to staging mode that the redux huds and panels disappear.

For reference:

i7-4790k@4Ghz

GTX-760 2Gb (Running 2 monitors at different res {widescreen/non-widescreen}) Driver ver: 353.30

16Gb 1866Mhz RAM

Thanks (from a noob) ;)

Running KER in career mode, so it requires a part on your craft to show up after you launch. Either add one of the two KER parts from the Science section of the part list, or go into KER's settings while in the VAB and switch to partless mode instead of career mode.

Editted to remove smartphone autocorrect butchery.

Edited by Wintersdark

Running KER in career mode, so it requires a part on your craft to show up after you launch. Either add one of the two KER parts from the Science section of the part list, or go into KER's settings while in the VAB and switch to partless mode instead of career mode.

FTFY (10 chars)

Thank you, kind sir.

This setting (now that I understand it) makes sense and would explain why, in the rescue missions, the huds would suddenly pop up when I switched to the other craft (the occupant was an engineer).

Cheers!

FYI - The 1/2 Node Burn field seems to be using different maths than the Node Burn field. This is only apparent when the node exceeds the capacity of the current stage and the thrust varies between stages. Node Burn appears to factor in the thrust of engines in both stages. 1/2 Node Burn appears to only factor the thrust of the current engine regardless of how much DV remains.