[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

cybutek, are there any plans to include KXP in a future release KER? It would be cool to tie KER readouts with in-game engineer's experience.

I have been asked that before and also linking to science or tracking station tech level. There's lot of different ways, just have to decide on one :P

I have been asked that before and also linking to science or tracking station tech level. There's lot of different ways, just have to decide on one :P

Awesome, thank you! I just wanted to check in and see if it was on your radar! :)

Version 1.0.13 is now available!

Get it here!

Updated for KSP version 0.90

Added: New readouts to the vessel category:

- Heading Rate

- Pitch Rate

- Roll Rate

Changed: Simulation to look for fuel lines that use CModuleFuelLine module.

Fixed: Editor Overlay now loads the saved visibility value properly.

Fixed: Altitude (Terrain) will no longer give a reading below sea level.

Fixed: Suicide burn now uses radar altitude that clamps to sea level.

Version 1.0.13 is now available!

Get it here!

Hmmm.... still getting a ton of log spam errors using the new version in 0.90:

[LOG 20:01:14.460] KerbalEngineer -> FlightEngineerCore->UpdateModules // Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 20:01:14.461] KerbalEngineer -> at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Readouts.Orbital.ManoeuvreNode.ManoeuvreProcessor.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KerbalEngineer.Flight.FlightEngineerCore.UpdateModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[LOG 20:01:14.475] KerbalEngineer -> FlightEngineerCore->UpdateModules // Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 20:01:14.476] KerbalEngineer -> at KerbalEngineer.Flight.Readouts.Orbital.ManoeuvreNode.ManoeuvreProcessor.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KerbalEngineer.Flight.FlightEngineerCore.UpdateModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
... etc.

At the risk of looking like an idiot. I can't seem to find the toolbar icon for KER 1.0.13 in the VAB Editor. I even reloaded 0.25 with 1.0.12 and the toolbar icon loads fine.

What am I doing wrong? Or is it possible this was overlooked in updating the mod? Everything else seems to work fine, the only problem is that there is just no editor preview overlay.

Thanks again for getting this out so quickly!

So I don't know if it's just me, but it doesn't seem like the terminal velocity or atmospheric efficiency displays are working. I have them enabled in the settings but they aren't displaying.

I am having this problem too.

Do you have NEAR or FAR installed? Them readouts cannot work with with NEAR due to there being no API. But will work in FAR, although pretty useless as the terminal velocity will be a lot higher than you could ever expect to achieve.

Do you have NEAR or FAR installed? Them readouts cannot work with with NEAR due to there being no API. But will work in FAR, although pretty useless as the terminal velocity will be a lot higher than you could ever expect to achieve.

No. Engineer is the only mod I have.

So I don't know if it's just me, but it doesn't seem like the terminal velocity or atmospheric efficiency displays are working. I have them enabled in the settings but they aren't displaying.

Can one (or both) of you upload an output_log.txt file (from a short run of KSP) somewhere that we can take a look at? Are you running any mods that haven't been updated for 0.90 yet?

Can one (or both) of you upload an output_log.txt file (from a short run of KSP) somewhere that we can take a look at? Are you running any mods that haven't been updated for 0.90 yet?

Will do happily if you can point me at some instructions on how to do that. I'm good at KSP, but not that sort of stuff.

Will do happily if you can point me at some instructions on how to do that. I'm good at KSP, but not that sort of stuff.

This thread over in the support forum gives detailed instructions on how to find the required log file and recommends some file sharing services that you can upload it to...

This thread over in the support forum gives detailed instructions on how to find the required log file and recommends some file sharing services that you can upload it to...

Padishar. Here is a link to my log file in my dropbox. As i mentioned, Engineer is the only mod i am running. https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4r5fo286y7d4zx/KerbalEngineer.log?dl=0

The needed file is output_log.txt from the KSP_Data folder, not the KER log...

Not sure if this is any better. https://www.dropbox.com/s/kkcn4rqvlfe3943/Player.log?dl=0

I think the mac log is different from the Windows one, at least according to the thread you sent me to. Another thing that might help you diagnose the problem. I deleted Engineer, then reinstalled it. It worked for about 30 seconds, then it froze, showing 100.32 atmos efficiency no matter what happened with my speed or elevation (I was around 10,000m when it happened). The log that is linked to is the one where this happened.

Also having this problem with only this mod installed. Here's my log file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41104/Temp/output_log.rar. I also noticed some weirdness with the delta-v display in the VAB. Sometimes it would flicker between 2 numbers when I wasn't doing anything.

Not sure if this is any better. https://www.dropbox.com/s/kkcn4rqvlfe3943/Player.log?dl=0

I think the mac log is different from the Windows one, at least according to the thread you sent me to. Another thing that might help you diagnose the problem. I deleted Engineer, then reinstalled it. It worked for about 30 seconds, then it froze, showing 100.32 atmos efficiency no matter what happened with my speed or elevation (I was around 10,000m when it happened). The log that is linked to is the one where this happened.

Also having this problem with only this mod installed. Here's my log file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41104/Temp/output_log.rar. I also noticed some weirdness with the delta-v display in the VAB. Sometimes it would flicker between 2 numbers when I wasn't doing anything.

Thanks for the logs. They both show lots of the same exception happening in the same place and I can see a number of possible causes in the code though it doesn't make sense why it is even running that code during launch. Did you create a manoeuvre node? If not, can you upload the craft file you used and describe how you flew the launch?

Thanks for the logs. They both show lots of the same exception happening in the same place and I can see a number of possible causes in the code though it doesn't make sense why it is even running that code during launch. Did you create a manoeuvre node? If not, can you upload the craft file you used and describe how you flew the launch?

I didn't create any maneuver nodes. My craft was pretty simple, just trying to get to space and then fall back down with some science. I just started my engines and was headed straight up dialing down my throttle as I rose to try to keep near 100% efficiency.

Craft file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tyjgdzfdkxjac9v/Untitled%20Space%20Craft.craft?dl=0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.