[1.12.x] Magico13's Modlets (Sensible Screenshot, Dated QuickSaves, etc.)

linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

That looks like the wrong zip. It look like you cloned the repository (which does not include a compiled copy of the mod) instead of downloading the release version.

You want to download MagiCore-1.12.0-1.3.2.5.zip from the release page on GitHub. Then copy the whole MagiCore folder (3 files plus a subfolder with the compiled dll) from the zips GameData folder into your GameData.

NOTE: MagiCore is a dependency needed by other mods but does nothing by itself alone.

Thanks, it's working now :)

New releases

Magicore, 1.4.0

• Fixed StringTranslation to remove control characters at end of body display name
  • Updated version to 1.4.0 to ensure that SensibleScreenshots, DatedQuicksaves uses the correct version of this dll
  • Added KSPAssembly to specify version 1.4 for dependencys

DatedQuickSaves - 1.2.5.1

• Added dependency for Magicore 1.4 or later

SensibleScreenshot - 1.2.5.5

• Added code to sanitize filename
  • Added dependency for Magicore 1.4 or later

• 5 months later...

There seems to be a bug with the NIMBY mod. It works correctly (distance restrictions apply) when recovering a vessel from its flight scene or from the tracking station scene, but the restrictions are completely ignored when recovering from the KSC view.

Looking at the console, in the situations in which the mod works its recovery function is being called and working properly, but when recovering from the KSC view it seems said function it is not being called at all.

KSP version: 1.12.5.3190, Windows 10 x64

Mods installed:

Module Manager 4.2.3

NIMBY 1.1.3.3

Reproduction steps:

Set NIMBY recovery range around KSC to a small number. Create a new game, launch a new vessel, move it outside of recovery range but in view of the KSC. Attempt to recover from flight view, recovery will be blocked. Return to KSC, recover the vessel from its icon, recovery will not be blocked.

Log: https://pastebin.com/H9uJes5t

I would have to look, but it might be related to the fact that when  you are in the KSC view, you aren't focused on the vessel.  And it's probably only checking the focused vessel when recovering

• 4 weeks later...

How the hell did I miss NIMBY.
I have been after a mod to restrict recovery for ages.
I actually swore it was part of the base game but could never see the option to restrict upon setting up a play through.

This is awesome, I am going to have to change the coordinates I assume for the KSC as I play with JNSQ, or will it do that upon starting the game VIA MM patches?

Thanks for this :)

EDIT

To add to your original post a UI would be awesome mainly if it would be possible to add a overlay in the map view with a button that could be toggled to show the radius of the recovery distance from a set location :)

Edited by stk2008

• 2 weeks later...

I need to stop cheating I keep using the KSC to recover the craft when I should not be able to.
I know your a busy chap would it be some thing you could look at Linux?.
To stop Nimby AKA not in my backyard from being ignored when not in a flight.

As it is currently I get a message saying cant recover craft when in a flight because I am to far away from KSC but when at the space centre I can.
I have not actually tested if this is also the case when in the tracking station.

Thank you :)

Edited by stk2008

7 hours ago, stk2008 said:

I need to stop cheating I keep using the KSC to recover the craft when I should not be able to.
I know your a busy chap would it be some thing you could look at Linux?.
To stop Nimby AKA not in my backyard from being ignored when not in a flight.

As it is currently I get a message saying cant recover craft when in a flight because I am to far away from KSC but when at the space centre I can.
I have not actually tested if this is also the case when in the tracking station.

Thank you :)

I don't understand what you want to do

Hi

so let's say I land my craft out just side of the recovery distance and click recover from in flight, it will say you are too far.
So then I just click space centre, which will leave the craft where it was and send me to this screen.

avoXbWN.png

Once at the space centre (not tracking stations) if I click the craft VIA its little icon and click recover craft it will recover it regardless and ignore the restrictions set by not in my backyard AKA NIMBY.

I would be grateful if you could make it so you can't recover the craft regardless of where you are, EG

in flight (which works already as expected)
At the space centre (see image above this is where NIMBY does not work I can recover regardless even if the craft is outside the recovery range set in NIMBY by clicking the little icon for the craft and clicking recover)
Tracking station (I have not tested this, yet I have no clue if NIMBY prevents recovery of crafts outside the recovery range but qyst in the post above says it works, just not at the space centre screen)

Thank you, Linux :)

On 7/25/2024 at 8:05 PM, stk2008 said:

Hi

so let's say I land my craft out just side of the recovery distance and click recover from in flight, it will say you are too far.
So then I just click space centre, which will leave the craft where it was and send me to this screen.

avoXbWN.png

Once at the space centre (not tracking stations) if I click the craft VIA its little icon and click recover craft it will recover it regardless and ignore the restrictions set by not in my backyard AKA NIMBY.

I would be grateful if you could make it so you can't recover the craft regardless of where you are, EG

in flight (which works already as expected)
At the space centre (see image above this is where NIMBY does not work I can recover regardless even if the craft is outside the recovery range set in NIMBY by clicking the little icon for the craft and clicking recover)
Tracking station (I have not tested this, yet I have no clue if NIMBY prevents recovery of crafts outside the recovery range but qyst in the post above says it works, just not at the space centre screen)

I've put some work into this, it's not that simple, unfortunately.  I have a number of bugs I still need to fix before I can look at this

On 7/29/2024 at 2:14 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I've put some work into this, it's not that simple, unfortunately.  I have a number of bugs I still need to fix before I can look at this

Thats brilliant thank you for taking the time to have a look :)

EDIT

Just wondering if you managed to look at the above issue again?
I know you said it wont be an easy fix I am just checking in to see :)

Thanka again

Edited by stk2008