[1.10.1] Duna Direct

bcink

Problem with Tekto is that it's easier to just land the whole thing with parachutes so that means I'd use the descent stage for ascent but the bundled engines are awful for thick atmospheres as I discovered in the VAB without even testing the craft.

It feels a bit underpowered if you ask me.

And now the cursor vanishes in the VAB when I open a craft with it.

Edited by Richmountain112

• 5 months later...
On 9/22/2020 at 2:16 AM, JadeOfMaar said:
On 9/21/2020 at 11:41 AM, Gordon Dry said:

Next step would be so make the return engines run with MethaLox, LqdMethane created by the ISRU (even in stock, LqdMethane + Oxidizer).
With this approach only the LqdMethane is created by the ISRU, so Oxidizer needs to be shipped.
Or let it create LqdMethane + Oxidizer, but with RealFuels to be patched to only create LqdMethane and LqdOxygen needs to be shipped.

I will make most of these happen. Technically all except for RealFuels (specifically: any such engine configs) as that's out of my scope as a player.

@JadeOfMaar Was this ever patched for ISRU of methalox or any other fuels besides LFO?

I think the answer is no. I'm not bugging you about a passing statement from 3 years ago, I just want to check that I didn't miss something due to an installation error on my part. Hyperedit provides an easy cheat workaround to simulate tank refueling.

For context, I'm using Cryotanks and JNSQ. I can configure the Duna Direct tanks for LFO, Hydrolox, or Methalox (I think that's done via Cryotank's own patches). Sabatier ISRU works for LFO and slowly fills the tanks, but the other 2 fuel types show "Sabatier: Liquid fuel full" in the part window as soon as I start ISRU. That makes sense because my craft has no liquid tanks. I don't see any switches to change the ISRU type.

@DeadJohn I had started on that ISRU patch work but I eventually lost it (I had too many test installs and likely eventually deleted the one holding that work, forgetting it was that one). I could restart that work easily and post it on my GitHub sandbox repo. Alternatively, if by chance you use Rational Resources Companion, you can opt-in on the ISRU integration there.

59 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@DeadJohn I had started on that ISRU patch work but I eventually lost it (I had too many test installs and likely eventually deleted the one holding that work, forgetting it was that one). I could restart that work easily and post it on my GitHub sandbox repo. Alternatively, if by chance you use Rational Resources Companion, you can opt-in on the ISRU integration there.

Nah, don't do any new work. Cheating with Hyperedit works fine to simulate methane production. I never heard of Companion before and I'll read about it later.

• 1 month later...

dangaffa/DunaDirectRedux (github.com)

I have added a few additions and have posted it to my github. Namely better Cryotanks support for the engines and ISRU, waterfall support for the engines, and a modification to the texture to remove the "Direct" text (eventually I might add it back as a texture switch, for now I say you should just use Conformal Decals.) Eventually I'll see if I can fix some of the other issues in this thread, namely the node issues and the landing legs being destroyed

screenshot26.png

Edited by dangaffa

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.