KSP Loading... Preview: The Δv per Stage Display

SQUAD

Thank you for finally adding Delta-V readouts!

It would also be nice if we could get apoapsis, periapsis, and time to each displayed...then I could eliminate more mods.

And if only we had refueling hoses for use on a planet's surface, I'd be happy as a clam.

Edited by Brotoro

58 minutes ago, Brotoro said:

Thank you for finally adding Delta-V readouts!

It would also be nice if we could get apoapsis, periapsis, and time to each displayed...then I could eliminate more mods.

And if only we had refueling hoses for use on a planet's surface, I'd be happy as a clam.

Seconded!

On 12/8/2018 at 4:39 AM, Poodmund said:

zxj23XA.png

Revamped versions of the Advanced Nose Cone - Type A, possibly the Protective Rocket Nose Cone Mk7 (its hard to tell at this resolution) and that the Kerbodyne ADTP-2-3 that was shown previously has changed a little bit since.

Yep, that Mk7 nose cone is definitely revamped. Don't remember that black ring being there at all.

10 hours ago, I_Killed_Jeb said:

Came here to grumble that KER already does this but the interface in that video is VERY slick! Good work devs!

Which is why IMO that just because 'a mod already does it' is not a good enough reason for features to not be implemented in stock.  One could argue that if a mod is popular enough then that should be a clear indication that a stock implementation would be worthwhile.

Any stock implementation of an existing mod feature will be a bit different in how it works, whether it is better or worse is rather subjective though, in the same way that different mods approach the same features in different ways.

In this case, I will still use KER for some of it's other stuff anyway.  I will very likely use the stock DV instead of KER's, but will decide fully when I get to try it out.

On 12/10/2018 at 5:10 PM, Maxsimal said:

I'm enjoying the discussion here.   We've chosen to go with unlocking the dV information right from the start in all modes.  I tend to agree that the tools should be available for players to learn with, as this is a sandbox game.  

Also, the total dV display twitchiness was recorded with beta code, and has been fixed for the upcoming release by the almighty @JPLRepo.  Should be smooth as butter.   Or your preferred lactose-free non-dairy substitute.  

If you did want to add unlockable complexity then as shown (if I'm understanding it right) would be a great tier 1 where the setting apply to the readings for the whole craft.

Next tier when we start flying a lot more orbital could let us set indended atomspheric conditions per stage. Final Tier intended body per stage.

Tools would then follow nicely with the players progression. From sub-orbital, orbital, transfer and capture then landings

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.