Unable to download KSP through website

vedrit

Hi, I'm one of the people that missed out on getting a Steam key for their KSP purchase way back when. When I tried to download the latest version of KSP, I was getting a 403 error after clicking the download link. Is this a one-off problem? 

-Edit-

I tried it again after posting, and it decided to start working.

Any way I could maybe possibly get a Steam key, so as to avoid having to re-download KSP each update?

Edited by vedrit

8 minutes ago, vedrit said:

Any way I could maybe possibly get a Steam key, so as to avoid having to re-download KSP each update?

That ship sailed long ago.  The only way for you to get a Steam key would be to purchase the game on Steam.

1 hour ago, klesh said:

That ship sailed long ago.  The only way for you to get a Steam key would be to purchase the game on Steam.

I just now, as in a few minutes ago, did the transfer to steam for the main game, it seems to have worked fine and it gave me a valid steam key.

1 hour ago, Burnsy5 said:

I just now, as in a few minutes ago, did the transfer to steam for the main game, it seems to have worked fine and it gave me a valid steam key.

Nice.   I thought I had read lots of people asking about that over the years, with the reply being “no”.  Glad it worked for you.  

On 2/17/2019 at 4:58 AM, 5thHorseman said:

Anybody who bought the game before the cutoff date can transfer to Steam. It also cancels your ability to download from the KSP website IIRC. I don't have any direct experience with it as I bought the game after the cutoff date.

Can confirm, I bought the game a really long time ago( the first payable version if I remember) and I haven't transferred to Steam yet, I don't intent to. But the option is still there for those like me that have bought before the cuttoff date.

The site keeps bouncing between white pages and cloudflair errors

when it did work all download links said file not found

is it down right now says its been offline for 43 hrs

i will totally swap to steam key as last time I tried and emailed them they denied me .. wheres the link to transfer? on the store page?

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/

Error 502 Ray ID: 4ab0e502ef6d5dba • 2019-02-18 13:38:31 UTC

Bad gateway

www works thou buuuut....

Downloads from store..

File not found

Firefox can’t find the file at hXXp://cds.t2e6n8k7.hw***************

also both steam buy links in store are broken (game cloudflare error. making history white page)

I CTRL F5'd the store download page and some items worked... so cloudflare is caching badly

or the sites still dying behind cloudflare .. atleast i got 1 of the exe's to download

Edited by CirCit1
addon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.