Are you a Builder or a Pilot?

Martonaut

Builder or Pilot?  

1. 1. Builder or Pilot?

• I enjoy Building
    • I enjoy piloting

Hello, well I spend all this week building crazy ships, most of them 2 big to even fly, I only had a couple mission for "testing", even so I played KSP like a mad man, probably more than ever before, and I realized that Im a Builder, I enjoy more building crazy stuff than flying it.

So IM curious what kind of a player are you? Are you a builder or a pilot?

Take the Mechjeb debate elsewhere, it's getting old seeing it appear every other thread.

As for whether or not I'm a builder or a pilot. I'm kind of neither. Personally the fun is in the exploration. I probably won't try to build a rocket that is capable of getting a successful launch to one of Kerbin's other planets, the fun, at least for the first few weeks will be simple getting there. Putting things in various orbits around the different planets. Eventually I might do a "Manned" mission and orbit and return, and maybe just maybe I'll actually do a landing (probably a couple of unmanned one way trips), but that'll be far down the road.

Edited by Tauge

MechJeb isnt nonsense...some people like building rockets and seeing how they fly...without flying it...nothing wrong with that.

It is to me, and if you're upset by that it says more about your own feelings than it does about mine.

Guys, there will be no arguing about MechJeb in this thread, or to be honest anywhere else either, it is an add-on and you can choose to use it or not.

I'll close this thread if the MechJeb arguments do not cease :)

A bit of this, a bit of that. Once I have a working basic design that I can adapt and upgrade for different situations, I can fly just fine and have fun doing it. But on the other hand, it's fun to just mess around building ships, not worrying about if they will make it to the moon. Yesterday for example, I made the Highwind from FFVII; it looks lovely, but unfortunately, Damned Aerospace's propellers just don't have thrust to get the hulking beast off the ground and it is as balanced as drunk toddler.

Annoyingly, I haven't been able to build a successful, versatile design for the 3-man pod so far. Every rocket I make using it gets stranded on the Mun/Minmus.

I like both, like most everyone, but I experience true joy in actually piloting missions. That feeling when I finally managed to land on the Mun can't be compared to any other video game I remember playing. Then taking what I learned and landing on Minmus on my second try...well....this game is a game I didn't know I wanted all my life.

Hats off to the KSP crew for giving me the chance to do something I'll likely never do in real life.

I do both, since I make odd craft (like one with parachute pods for Kerbals, or my space stations) but also can fly well. I recently finished a orbital rendezvous around Kerbin, and have gone to Minmus and the Mun more times than I can count.

the IVA's are going to make it fun to fly my VTOL craft in .17 i cant wait... but building is still important and fun, some times it is a pain to do but then again VTOLs are not quit that manuverable... the building of spacecraft and spaceplanes is just as important as flying them