[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

22 hours ago, willflatt said:

if u are makimg a preset how do change how many starting points u start with as u normally start with 15 and i want to change that and cant find any info on it

You can just change the value in the UI (right click the KCT toolbar button to open settings dialog) and then save it as a new preset.

Or if you prefer to use a text editor:

• Go to GameData/KerbalConstructionTime/KCT_Presets folder
  • Copy one of the existing config files and give it a new name
  • Open file in text editor
  • Find the StartingPoints line in the KCT_Preset_General section
  • Edit the three numbers after the equals sign (first is career, then science, then sandbox)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I'm pretty new to this mod and was wondering what setting controls the auto-purchase of parts in a tech node? Also what setting controls tech points gained whenever a rocket is constructed? I'd like to disable the auto-purchase and gained tech points to add a bit more challenge.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, I encountered a strange bug. I installed mechJeb in the middle of a carrier and now KCT doesn't work. I can not set craft to be built (the launch button doesn't work) and previously built craft can not be launched. This happens on every save. After removing  MJ everything works just fine. Install was done over CKAN and manually yielding the same results.

On a clean install, I get stranger results. Even without MJ I have the same behavior. I'm trying to work out what I am missing but I just can't figure it out. On both installs, dependencies are loaded ( click through, magi core, toolbar controller, and space tux)

log from the original game https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oTHJXUPVwEWeV2FIYCKcVM_-j5vPv5U7/view?usp=sharing

Hi! Can you please tell me how to change the mod settings during the game? There is no settings button in the mod window, neither in the command center, nor in flight, nor in VAB. In VAB, the mod window contains buttons VAB, SPH, Tech, Plans, in the command center an Upgrades and Warp to... button is added. I tried to change the cfg file, but either I’m making changes in the wrong file, or it just doesn’t work. Game version 1.12.5.3190, mod version 1.4.12. 
And I also understand that I’m asking in the wrong topic, but maybe someone can tell me how to do the same in the mod oh-scrap?

1 hour ago, _Lozhkin_ said:

Hi! Can you please tell me how to change the mod settings during the game? There is no settings button in the mod window, neither in the command center, nor in flight, nor in VAB. In VAB, the mod window contains buttons VAB, SPH, Tech, Plans, in the command center an Upgrades and Warp to... button is added. I tried to change the cfg file, but either I’m making changes in the wrong file, or it just doesn’t work. Game version 1.12.5.3190, mod version 1.4.12. 

Right-click on the toolbar button

1 hour ago, _Lozhkin_ said:

And I also understand that I’m asking in the wrong topic, but maybe someone can tell me how to do the same in the mod oh-scrap?

Ask in that thread

On 9/19/2023 at 5:46 PM, Mighty1 said:

Hello, I encountered a strange bug. I installed mechJeb in the middle of a carrier and now KCT doesn't work. I can not set craft to be built (the launch button doesn't work) and previously built craft can not be launched. This happens on every save. After removing  MJ everything works just fine. Install was done over CKAN and manually yielding the same results.

On a clean install, I get stranger results. Even without MJ I have the same behavior. I'm trying to work out what I am missing but I just can't figure it out. On both installs, dependencies are loaded ( click through, magi core, toolbar controller, and space tux)

log from the original game https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oTHJXUPVwEWeV2FIYCKcVM_-j5vPv5U7/view?usp=sharing

How did you install the mods?

21 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How did you install the mods?

As I wrote, on the first game, the career one, I installed with CKAN and then after seeing the problem removed both KCT and MJ and installed them manually. On a fresh install I used only manual install

16 hours ago, Mighty1 said:

As I wrote, on the first game, the career one, I installed with CKAN and then after seeing the problem removed both KCT and MJ and installed them manually. On a fresh install I used only manual install

Well, according to the log file, you have version: 1.4.11.5 installed.  The current version is 1.4.12, released 8/30/2023

Please update and try again, you  have a lot of Reflection errors in the log which indicate it's the wrong and incompatible version

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...

Is simulating your craft's flight in career mode an unlocked thing?  Disabled?  I can't seem to activate simulating but I'm not sure if its a depreciated feature or a possible conflict.  

Edit:  Found my answer in the old thread, I need KRASH.  This can be disregarded.

Edited by RiceCakes85

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/24/2023 at 7:58 AM, turnerjack698 said:

how do i use multiple launch pads?, is there a compatibility patch for kerbal konstructs?

6 hours ago, PyjackMeat said:

Not compatible with KK from what I can tell.

It's working fine for me in my current heavily modded 1.12.5 career, no patch needed. Just click the little options icon next to the ship's name in the build queue and then the "Select LaunchSite" button to see a list of currently available launch sites. Depending on your KK settings you may have to pay to open bases (possibly by visiting them first). I have found that the feature can be a little buggy though and sometimes KCT will just offer the stock launch sites. When that happens the only way I've found to restore the list is to restart KSP.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

4KHDO01.png

TliGoVg.png

Spoiler

FNm9gi4.pngsHmvO9b.png

Edited by Aelfhe1m
Added extra screenshots

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For users of both this and Komplexity, I offer a basic compatibility fix (I'll be posting here and in their thread for maximum reach). It's designed for the profile that follows "stock" KSC Facility upgrades instead of the KCT upgrades.

As it is now, KCT was designed for only a maximum of Level 3 for the buildings, Komplexity increases that to Level 10. KCT formulas use the actual facility level, instead of a percentage of the maximum level. This can potentially break balance when playing the preset that follows KSC facility upgrades instead of the KCT upgrade system.

To make both mods play nicer together, in the formulas area, you need to change any occurrence of the following:

[L] ..into.. (([L]/3)-(([L]%3)/3))

[R] ..into.. (([R]/3)-(([R]%3)/3))

This will match up VAB/SPH and R&D Levels 1-3, levels 4-6, and levels 7-9 as KCT Level 1, 2, and 3 respectively. When you finalize the facility to level 10, you get a bonus Level 4 for KCT. Additionally, the upgrades to the next "KCT level" corresponds to the visual upgrades of the facility, except that there's no visual upgrade for level 10 (KCT level 4).

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question I have not been able to find an answer for: Is there a way to remove the SPH launch cost, or at least reduce it? It just seems absurd I have to pay about 1/3 the value of the entire vehicle for having the audacity to launch from the runway instead of the launchpad after having already paid the cost for the construction of the vehicle.  I already found RolloutCost and IntegrationCost in the settings, but those are already at 0 and would affect VAB launches.

Edited by Javascap

@Javascap That sounds weird. One of the saves I'm playing at the moment is a planes focussed career and once a plane has been built, the only operating cost is usually refuelling and other consumables (snacks), unless I mess up a landing and it needs repaired.

There is an overhead associated with recovering a vehicle based on its distance from a recovery base, so if you are not sure whether a given airport has been configured for recovery or not then it is a good idea to refuel (assuming you're using Kerbal Konstructs and have some extra airports/bases installed) and fly back to a location you DO know is a recovery site (like the KSC)