[1.3.1 - 1.12.x] Outer Planets Mod [v2.2.10] [3rd Jan 2022]

Poodmund

7 hours ago, marxman28 said:

Do I need Kopernicus in 1.12.5? And will this add outer planets to an already existing game save?

Yes and yes. Kopernicus is the tool OPM uses to actually add its planets to the game.

If you add OPM to an existing save, make sure that you don't have any crafts at Eeloo, or they might get messed up when Eeloo moves to orbit Sarnus.

• 1 month later...

I have an issue, I recently downloaded avp to make the outer planets to look better, but for some reason it turns Neidon slightly green on the northern and southern poles, it gives thatmo a reddish atmosphere like duna, and makes Tekto very purple like eve. I dont know how to fix this, and the only solutions ive gotten is to switch scatterer to 0.722, but this did not work. Has anyone else experienced this and knows how to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Question:

The mod says it will upgrade the tracking station to level 4, I am playing in science sandbox and when I right click to on my tracking station it says level 3.I have custom barn kit installed as well.

Is this normal and how can I verify it is actually level 4?

On 11/5/2023 at 9:41 AM, Cytauri said:

There is now! Here: https://spacedock.info/mod/3492/Outer Planets Mod Parallax with Scatters I’ve been looking for this for so long as well!

Looks nice but the ocean of liquid ethane covered with ice and mushrooms growing at cryogenic temperature are a bit weird. Tekto uses Laythe scatter settings despite being more than 200 degree colder than Laythe with it's surface temperature ranging between 4 and 50K

23 minutes ago, Manul said:

Looks nice but the ocean of liquid ethane covered with ice and mushrooms growing at cryogenic temperature are a bit weird. Tekto uses Laythe scatter settings despite being more than 200 degree colder than Laythe with it's surface temperature ranging between 4 and 50K

I did not make this mod, thanks for responding, I’ll redirect you to the post that the creator made. The creator is also making a volumetric OPM mod as well.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/profile/231129-onesaltypringle/

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, kaputzz said:

Hello, I saw the update today! thanks! are you updating the OPM Clouds too? Cheers!

Update? OPM has not updated as far as I am aware... and I should be aware! :D 

EDIT: For what its worth, the latest version of OPM is now available via SpaceDock. I still highly recommend installing it via CKAN and if downloading manually, doing it via GitHub first and then SpaceDock as a backup avenue... but at least its up to date and on there now.

Edited by Poodmund