[1.3.1 - 1.12.x] Outer Planets Mod [v2.2.11] [31st Aug 2024]

Poodmund

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2023 at 3:21 PM, Kerbonauter said:

soo uhh i installed the volumetric clouds config thing for blackracks volumemetric clouds and now kerbin forgot how to breathe

61M7eBl.jpg

Woah! What visual mods are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

• 2 months later...
On 12/15/2023 at 3:34 PM, Kerbonauter said:

i did it was because some mod

but now it works!

Yeah so uhh.. I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure out which mod that was causing it?

• 1 month later...

sorry i became very uhh, inactive for a pretty long time, but im pretty sure it was just astronomers visual pack iirc

On 2/21/2024 at 5:11 PM, Bizobinator said:

Woah! What visual mods are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

tufx and i cant remember the skybox but i think i was using ballisticfox's tufx at that time

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - having this issue with Tekto:

screenshot-from-2024-07-20-19-06-00.png?

This is a new install of KSP. I'm running Volumetric clouds from Blackrack, Outer Planets, and the Outer Planets plugin from  onesaltypringle:

https://github.com/OneSaltyPringle/OPM-VolumetricClouds

Thoughts?  Not sure where the issue is. 

An update - I started with a fresh copy of KSP and started over. First I loaded the game up with Kopernicus/OPM to verify it worked, then closed. Then I loaded in Blackrack's Volumetric Clouds and the OPM Volumetric clouds and things look normal.  I'll do some more tests...

Another Update:  Issue solved, I was toying around with Deferred Rendering mod by Blackrack and thought I had deleted it, I had not, and I think it was confusing eve and scatterer on those worlds.  Seems fine now!

Edited by Saybur Stuff

• 1 month later...

The gas and ice giants aren't casting shadows on smaller bodies in scaled space.

On 8/21/2024 at 3:00 AM, AMolecularMassofUranium235 said:

Is there any way to get deferred rendering working with opm? All solid moons turn white when using it

Seems to be working for me, you may want to try a clean install.

does anyone know if Kerbinside and kerbal konstructs works with this planet pack?   I only recently came back to KSP and this is the first planet pack i have ever installed and although i did get part of kerbal konstucts workingm i could not get kerbinside or ksc extended to work.  the planets are working perfectly im just wondering if anyone knows how to get them to work together

8 hours ago, Captain Mathus said:

im just wondering if anyone knows how to get them to work together

Kerbin is not altered by OPM so there is no way it can interfere with KK bases on Kerbin. The problem is entirely within KK. I've recently  noticed that one broken mod for KK statics can break all other KK mods and make all KK statics disappear. See your log and search for KK-related errors. In my case it was Ordinary Konstruction.

Edited by Manul

22 hours ago, Manul said:

Kerbin is not altered by OPM so there is no way it can interfere with KK bases on Kerbin. The problem is entirely within KK. I've recently  noticed that one broken mod for KK statics can break all other KK mods and make all KK statics disappear. See your log and search for KK-related errors. In my case it was Ordinary Konstruction.

no I solved it, it had nothing to do with OPM, apparently Jakes Konstruct Statics causes Kerbinside Remastered to not work, i also had Ordinary Konstruction so i guess i had 2 broken kk static mods.

Edited by Captain Mathus
more info

On 8/26/2024 at 9:31 AM, SergeantBlueforce said:

The gas and ice giants aren't casting shadows on smaller bodies in scaled space.

Seems to be working for me, you may want to try a clean install.

are you sure? The guy above my original comment had the exact same issue, and it was caused by deferred. Have you actually seen the planets up close with deferred and opm? They only turn white after they transition from their map view model to their physical model

1 hour ago, AMolecularMassofUranium235 said:

are you sure? The guy above my original comment had the exact same issue, and it was caused by deferred. Have you actually seen the planets up close with deferred and opm? They only turn white after they transition from their map view model to their physical model

Yes, I'm pretty sure it was working for me, and not just in scaled space. At least for three of the planets added.

10 minutes ago, AMolecularMassofUranium235 said:

I'm specifically talking about the moons.  All the gas giants are fine, but e.g hale or slate would be pure white

I should have said moons. Slate and Hale specifically were fine on my end (the ground texture resolution was dreadful but I think that's just an inherent issue).