DLC Breaking Ground could be improved

Hi,

I suggest 3 improvements :

1- Chop'otron and the grapple cannot be added to a programmed sequence. There is no hook or other means of gripping added with the DLC. So we can determine what a crane is going to do, for example, to carry out such maneuver (to deploy, to catch a part via a docking, to deposit in another place), but it is impossible to ensure that a dock is done automatically, it has to be done manually

2- no “stop point” or “pause” that can be integrated into the sheduled sequence, so you have to add a long time period or all the positions of the various parts remain identical to allow you to have time to click on a dock to decouple and rejoin with that of your crane.  So 1+2, it's not good, not usefull.

3- last point very annoying, you add the parts in the programming, but impossible to change the order of the parts (from top to bottom of the kal1000 screen), so if you notice that you put your third piston before the second, it is more difficult to establish the prog of positions by parts. Or you can do it all over again...

Sorry fort my poor english, French user.

Nicolas.

23 minutes ago, tofeur84 said:

1- Chop'otron and the grapple cannot be added to a programmed sequence. There is no hook or other means of gripping added with the DLC.

Are you referring to modded parts?  It would not be practical for Squad to support specific modded parts in a DLC.

The Klaw is already a stock part.   Since it is not a robotic part, it will function just as it always has, when it makes contact with something, it will close and grab it.  If you want a robotic grabbing thingy, that's the beauty of this DLC, you can make one. 

4 hours ago, yo1frenchtoast said:

He meant "Clamp-O-Tron" Docking Port =)

ooooooohhhhhhhhh...

hold up...

thx.

20 hours ago, tofeur84 said:

1- Chop'otron and the grapple cannot be added to a programmed sequence. There is no hook or other means of gripping added with the DLC. So we can determine what a crane is going to do, for example, to carry out such maneuver (to deploy, to catch a part via a docking, to deposit in another place), but it is impossible to ensure that a dock is done automatically, it has to be done manually

but anyway i think it would be cool just ya know for fun no more no less.

i mean space shuttle crane would be cool do to. the one that get's the payload out

8uKyLu8.png

20 hours ago, tofeur84 said:

3- last point very annoying, you add the parts in the programming, but impossible to change the order of the parts (from top to bottom of the kal1000 screen), so if you notice that you put your third piston before the second, it is more difficult to establish the prog of positions by parts. Or you can do it all over again...

Agree, this one is annoying, so i think the devs should  need to add the option to change the order of the program.

i don't use the KAL-1000 often, so i do not care alot, but whatever, why not.

22 hours ago, tofeur84 said:

2- no “stop point” or “pause” that can be integrated into the sheduled sequence, so you have to add a long time period or all the positions of the various parts remain identical to allow you to have time to click on a dock to decouple and rejoin with that of your crane.  So 1+2, it's not good, not usefull.

You can pause the KAL-1000. If you have it set to play when you press an Action Group key, that button pauses if it's currently playing. It will continue playing from where it left off when you activate it again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.