*Some* Cheats from debug menu not working.

So I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but seeing as though I have mods installed, I figured it was worth a shot.

Some info I'm sure someone will be interested in:

KSP Version: 1.7.3
KSP Binary: 64 bit
KSP Installed from: Steam
Mods Installed:
 -AirplanePlus
 -BDArmoury
 -EasyVesselSwitch
 -Firespitter
 -Grounded
 -KAS
 -KIS
 -HyperEdit
 -KSP Advanced Fly-By-Wire
 -Physics Range Extender
 -Taerobee
 -Texture Replacer
 -VesselMover
 -Module Manager

The core issue here is that only *some* of the cheats in the debug menu seem to work, namely, the "No Crash Damage" does not work at all, but the "Infinite Fuel" does. Things that have already been tried include reinstalling, and clearing of all mods.

3 hours ago, royal.Panic said:

The core issue here is that only *some* of the cheats in the debug menu seem to work, namely, the "No Crash Damage" does not work at all, but the "Infinite Fuel" does. Things that have already been tried include reinstalling, and clearing of all mods.

You need to define what "working" is.  The behavior you are expecting might not be the way the system actually works.   Pics or vids of examples would be really helpful.   And you say some, but only list one, what others are not working?

43 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

You need to define what "working" is.

The cheat functioning as it has for as long as it has been an option. For instance, "No Crash Damage" typically works by making parts invincible to all by but the very strongest deliberate impacts, but when I enable it, no change is made to part durability whatsoever, which would be considered odd in this instance. Other cheats that don't seem to be working include toggling of maximum part heat, and allowing of part clipping in editor. Infinite propellant and electricity seem to be working fine, along with being able to render the biomes on the map.

Ok, let's do some testing in the most Kerbal way possible.

Build something that goes fast, turn on "No crash damage" and "unbreakable joints" and slam that craft into the ground.   Does it bounce or explode?

If it goes *Poof*, we'll need some logs:

How To Get Support (READ FIRST) - Technical Support (PC, modded installs) - Kerbal Space Program Forums

13 hours ago, Gargamel said:

If it goes *Poof*, we'll need some logs:

See, with both these cheats enabled, I would expect it to bounce- but the control surfaces poof into smoke and the structural parts explode as though the cheats don't exist.

Logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4nwwu5nyc4ozl9r/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by royal.Panic
minor correction

I verified my files, and it said that there were three that needed to be updated and that it would do so. I waited for it to finish downloading, and booted it up, only to find that nothing had changed. My almost baseless hypothesis is that Physics Range Extender is playing dirty here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.