Hopes and Wishes for KSP 2

Elthy

Multiple launch sites (at multiple latitudes), with reasons to use them:

• Certain manufacturer's parts are cheaper (or more expensive) at certain sites to account for travel costs, making some sites more lucrative.
  • Contracts stating to launch from a specific site because the congressman is from that district the relevant infrastructure for the ground base is there.
  • Contracts to launch and pilot payloads from 2 different sites in order to dock them.
  • etc?

All I want from Ksp2 alongside rocket engines if ridiculous proportions, is the original guys. Good ‘ol Jeb, Bill and Bob. I want to strap Jeb onto like an orion drive rocket and have him hurtle gleefully through the cosmos...

3 hours ago, qwerbo said:

I want a colony building facility on the KSC and cities with city lights on Kerbin and habitable exoplanets.

Shadow zone posted an interview he did with Nate Simpson and he described that colony building would be like the VAB but it would be on the planet/moon. Does that help at all?

Edited by Lewie
I didn’t remember the name of the star theroy director. Oops

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to se a 3d printing mechanic, where you can mine stuff from asteroids, planets and moons refine them and then you can use them to 3d print your parts there. could be fun to build a self suffitient colony with this.

Edited by Tsamsiyu

Long time lurker here: IDK if this has been mentioned but I recently got into the mod KAS and KIS. These 2 mods have changed KSP for me to a point where I don't think I could go back to stock. I really hope this idea carries over to KSP2

On 4/23/2020 at 1:50 PM, Incarnation of Chaos said:

They're using the same broken, massively simplified aero model that KSP1 has, and that's been confirmed for a long time.

Oh. Well I guess my dreams of making a plane that can actually stay wings level are broken. 

On 4/23/2020 at 4:51 AM, Mamboo07 said:

I hope that we might get Saturn, Uranus and Neptune as well Pluto and the 5 other dwarf planets including Sedna and also the hypothetical Planet Nine for the Kerbol System.

Like they make planets that are similar or make an actual replica?

2 minutes ago, Lewie said:

Awww man. I would love to have Jeb, Val, Bill and Bob back. Otherwise...what’s Ksp without Jeb?

Wait, what!? No Jeb, Val, Bill or  Bob!? What’s even the point any more?

42 minutes ago, Seffy said:

@Lewie I thought Val was in the trailer. Isn’t she the one that’s on Mun? IGN says that Val.

it doesn't really look like vall tho, the haircut looks different to me.

Edited by Dirkidirk

10 minutes ago, Dirkidirk said:

it doesn't really look like vall tho, the haircut looks different to me.

I don’t know. IGN said that was Val and they also said you could customize your kerbals haircuts or something like that.

Id you can customize kerbal hair cuts....heck, Imma gonna use cheats to create kerbals named John, Paul, George, and Ringo. And I’ll give ‘em beatles style haircuts. And send them hurtling through the cosmos. THE BEATLES WILL BE REUNITED AND STUCK TOGETHER FOR PROBABLY A COUPLE HUNDRED YEARS!!! :)

2 hours ago, Lewie said:

Id you can customize kerbal hair cuts....heck, Imma gonna use cheats to create kerbals named John, Paul, George, and Ringo. And I’ll give ‘em beatles style haircuts. And send them hurtling through the cosmos. THE BEATLES WILL BE REUNITED AND STUCK TOGETHER FOR PROBABLY A COUPLE HUNDRED YEARS!!! :)

Haha, nice.

I would also like too add that I hope all of the intresting sites from ksp (Neil Armstrong memoiral, Vall henge, etc.) will be implemented into ksp2 with hopefully more sites to find. Also, I hope that the devs don't mess with the gravity of kerbin or any of the planets, or change up any of the atmospheres. 

On 4/10/2020 at 9:34 AM, Superfluous J said:

Multiple launch sites (at multiple latitudes), with reasons to use them:

• Certain manufacturer's parts are cheaper (or more expensive) at certain sites to account for travel costs, making some sites more lucrative.
  • Contracts stating to launch from a specific site because the congressman is from that district the relevant infrastructure for the ground base is there.
  • Contracts to launch and pilot payloads from 2 different sites in order to dock them.
  • etc?

I think it would be cool if you had to buy these extra launch sites in career mode since having multiple right away would make it too easy to dock ships and make interplantery missions