RP-1 Realistic Progression One for KSP 1.12.3

pap1723

On 6/5/2023 at 12:10 PM, NathanKell said:

RP-1 v2.0.0 - The Programs and Launch Complexes Update is now available on CKAN! The best option would be to create a completely fresh install of KSP, and then use CKAN to select the RP-1 Express Install. Alternately (but more complicated), would be to use CKAN to uninstall the RP-1 Express Install and then reinstall through CKAN. Make sure to select RP-1 rather than RP-1 (Legacy) when prompted.

This is a massive update and is a completely different way to play RP-1 from what many of you are used to, read the changelog here to see everything that is different:

• Programs is a new way of playing RP-1, where contracts are grouped into overarching Programs. Use the Administration Building to select your starting Program(s) and go from there. You will only have access to the contracts appropriate to your current Program(s), and those contracts will only reward rep (and sometimes Confidence, a new currency). Income comes from your programs' budgets, though you also get a large subsidy (towards salary and other maintenance costs). This subsidy increases year-over-year until the mid-60s, and varies based on your current reputation.
  • The existing VAB/SPH build queues are replaced with Launch Complexes. The player can have any number of launch complexes, and LCs have size, mass and resource limits. The Hangar is a special case of LC.
  • You can now appoint (and fire) certain historic Leaders. These leaders offer bonuses and penalties, and new slots unlock as you advance in your career.
  • For a longer overview, see The PLC Conversion Guide

This will be the new version of RP-1 going forward and the previous versions will be "Legacy" (deprecated), and will no longer receive updates.

A ton of time and effort has been put into this new version of RP-1 and we are excited for it to be released. Further development will continue and we expect the experience to keep improving over time.

Enjoy!

The RP-1 Team

Please install via the express install

Release info on GitHub

Congrats! Been following this update for quite awhile now, ever since I saw @Carnasa do a video about it. Played the testing branches a little bit, and I quite like this direction for the game :)

Of course, I have suggestions, the main one which was influenced by the Newspaper: How about external world events affecting your program? Historical (Alt-Historical?) events could fire and give your program bonuses/maluses Examples could include some rival nation beating you to a milestone, which triggers national interest in your program, granting a modifier to reputation gains/losses.  Another event could be an outbreak of war driving the demand for surveillance, generating a few limited-time-only missions. I feel like if the game could support it, the possibilities here are endless.

Another thing I would like to see is more Alt-History paths, like with the D-2 alternate to Apollo that is currently in the game. Of course, this relies on the parts for those paths actually existing (something I couldn't help with right now, considering my current skill set). Specific alt-history paths I think would be interesting include an early german space program, perhaps in a setting where Germany didn't suffer such a brain drain of its rocket scientists. Another path I think would be interesting is if Goddard's research caught on very early in the US, turning them into the first rocketry power, whereas Germany was the first IRL. Anyway, some hypothetical derivatives of Goddard's work would be interesting to see regardless :)

I'd love to help out where possible, I am a unity programmer by day, but have never modded unity before. 

Love the mod, and looking forward to see where things go!

Hi all, long time RP/RSS player, first time posting. Just reinstalled with ckan and started playing the new programs career.  Having a good bit of fun, but a little constructive feedback:

One thing I’m finding insanely annoying with the new launch complexes is that any little variation in a rocket design (even small amounts of fuel) means you have to upgrade the complex, which kicks all the engineers out and seems to delete any efficiency progress being made. Is there a way around this?

That coupled with the fact that there’s only a +1 button to reassign engineers means I have to click hundreds of times just to put engineers back into an upgraded complex. This seems unreasonably tedious.

Is there any way there can be a little leeway with minor changes to complex design that doesn’t reset the launch complex?

And can we get a “max fill” button for engineers?

Hello! I'm new to RP-1 and am a little confused.™ When I go to launch my sounding rockets on the most recent version of RP-1, an error appears saying my craft is below the minimum mass for my pad of 75 tonnes. However, I see no way to lower the minimum tonnage as the value is not editable in the 'Modify Launch Complex' menu. If someone could point me in the right direction on this it would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

Wow, i just found out about this completely new generation of RP-1. Sadly i never did so much in RSS but what i have seen from this new experience seems to be a big reason to try again. It looks like 2.0 is presenting a way easier way to enter RP-1 and one that´s even more immersive.  Thank you for all your work and keeping it up big way even after the KSP 2 launch (okay....  at the dev-speed we see right now, it will be years until it´s even reasonable to build up something like this for the newer game).

On 6/7/2023 at 1:36 AM, Unieax said:

Hey, I am currently playing the new RP-1 v2.0.0. I really like the changes from the old version! However I am facing some very high build times for relatively small vessels (image: https://postimg.cc/gxHMGDZp). I am using the maximum amount of engineers possible for the current LC (5-7 tons). Is this how it is supposed to be or am I doing something wrong?

@Unieax I had a similar problem and configuring the parachute fixed it.

Edited by Spacedude9

Just started a new RP-1 V2.0. Like it a lot.

However having an issue in the VAB. Some of the menu's (mainly the re-color window) have oversized text that makes it hard to use them cause they don't resize the windows to accommodate the larger text. Was wondering if there is a setting to change the font size for individual windows?

Thank you for all the work on this mod by all of you.

Here is some pics to show my issue.

from before RP1 programs (legacy RP0)

xP0yVdC.png

With RP1 ver2

LfHZMZJ.png

UI settings

gLYMDJO.png

Edited by Joesk
updated links

I've been playing the developer line of the new version and having fun. When the full version came out I created a fresh new install, but I've found that if I try to import old craft files there's an incompatibility between the Procedural Tank (Conventional Structure) parts between v2.0.0.0 (Test) and v2.1.0.0 (Live). When I try and load a craft it can't find a part called 'RO-RFTank-Seperate'. This also applies to craft created by other people in other installs that I've download (e.g. NathanKell's games)

I've tried creating a craft with just one part - a procedural tank, and it's incompatible between versions with the same issue both going backwards and forwards.

Is this expected or is there a workaround ? If this a case of 'hard luck, that's what you get for playing a beta version' then I'll shrug and move on, but it would be nice to know if I can do something.

I just started with RP-1, but I cannot build any new rockets. The launch complex I constructed says it has a minimum tonnage as well as a maximum tonnage. This minimum tonnage is 18t, which is significantly larger than the small sounding rockets I am constructing. Is there a way to remove this minimum launch size? changing the configs when I was building the LC didn't work

Just installed the mod, Built my first aerobee, tooled it, and when I went to launch it it says "Wrong Launch Complex, Warning this vessel needs to be built in a launch complex. You must build a launch complex before you can integrate the vessel." Any help?

4 minutes ago, CawntentCrow said:

Just installed the mod, Built my first aerobee, tooled it, and when I went to launch it it says "Wrong Launch Complex, Warning this vessel needs to be built in a launch complex. You must build a launch complex before you can integrate the vessel." Any help?

I'm an idiot I figured it out never mind lol

• 2 weeks later...

hi question about RP-1
i just installed itusing the install guide and i have a question

ive seen parts have blue boxes instead of grey on Youtube but in my game this isent happening

what are they and how dose one turn them on?

Ran into a bug on attempting to edit craft in SPH. Right clicking on the x-1 cockpit is now broken (menu pictured) and subsequently breaks all right click in any assembly building. Leaving and reentering enables right click for all other parts, but upon edit from KCT menu or even the standalone cockpit the menu remains bugs and disables all other right click. I wasn't sure if this was something worth raising an issue on the github over or if I should just try and verify file integrity and maybe reinstall the mod sweet first?

fHYyAK4.png?1

1 hour ago, despondent_purple_ said:

Ran into a bug on attempting to edit craft in SPH. Right clicking on the x-1 cockpit is now broken (menu pictured) and subsequently breaks all right click in any assembly building. Leaving and reentering enables right click for all other parts, but upon edit from KCT menu or even the standalone cockpit the menu remains bugs and disables all other right click. I wasn't sure if this was something worth raising an issue on the github over or if I should just try and verify file integrity and maybe reinstall the mod sweet first?

fHYyAK4.png?1

After loading the game a third time trying to sort out the cause it appears to have fixed itself. I'll thank the kraken and consider myself lucky for now. 

When I edit a vessel which is being built or already built, adding a new procedural avionics module or procedural probe core resets build progress to zero, while, say, adding a Sputnik sphere or airplane cockpit doesn't and just reduces it to a lower value as expected. Is it supposed to work this way? Rp-1 2.6.4.0, KSP 1.12.5

Edited by olegst90

I've got an issue with the Big Gemini crew module here, not sure where to begin troubleshooting it. I can't train any crew for it, it just doesn't show up in the "Courses" list. OG Gemini is there, Big G service module is there, but new crew module. Won't let me load crew at launch, but everything does work fine in simulations. I'm guessing this is a simple tweak in a config file but after poking around a bit I have no idea where to find the right one. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been playing around with this mod and having a blast, I recently decided to add a couple of parts packs and went to the 'suggested mods' folder of the Realism Overhaul mod to figure out which ones, from those I put in the Near Future suite and KNES, but when I loaded up my game, the KNES parts weren't showing up at all as well as some of the Near Future ones I was expecting and hoping to use, I figured having an RO patch would mean they'd work, but looking at my log it seems like they're getting deleted for not being RP-1 patched, which fair enough, that makes sense as a thing to do, but it leads me to the following questions: a) how can I tell if a mod/part has RP-1 support in addition to RO support? b) are there patches out there somewhere that I missed? and c) if not is there a guide on how one might write one's own patches for such a thing?

What I have experienced since I am still learning this stuff my self, is that not all RO parts are also RP-1 patched. I think not all of the RO patched parts have been vetted for there cost/performance so haven't added to the MMpatch for RP-1. Also another thing that could be in play is that in the difficulty setting for the RP-1 game you can set what tech level is available (Operational thru Sci-Fi) that determines what parts can be used in the game. The UI popup help text gives an idea of what is available in each setting.

Again still learning this stuff myself so may be way off. When I was playing RP-1 (now known as legacy) I made my own MMpatches for parts from mods that I liked to work in RP1. But now I don't cause they have either been added or I found better ones in the new RO-engines.

On 9/10/2023 at 7:08 PM, Joesk said:

What I have experienced since I am still learning this stuff my self, is that not all RO parts are also RP-1 patched. I think not all of the RO patched parts have been vetted for there cost/performance so haven't added to the MMpatch for RP-1. Also another thing that could be in play is that in the difficulty setting for the RP-1 game you can set what tech level is available (Operational thru Sci-Fi) that determines what parts can be used in the game. The UI popup help text gives an idea of what is available in each setting.

Again still learning this stuff myself so may be way off. When I was playing RP-1 (now known as legacy) I made my own MMpatches for parts from mods that I liked to work in RP1. But now I don't cause they have either been added or I found better ones in the new RO-engines.

The tech level tip was a good one, I'd forgotten about having set that setting way back at the start of the game! It fixed my problem with most of the near future stuff, but KNES seems to not currently have RP-1 support, I was looking especially for the Hermes parts, and have a personal guess where on the tech tree they'd make sense for me, how would I go about writing patches for that for my own use? I'm kinda a newbie at MM stuff

Hello, development team! Your product is absolutely amazing, and I'm currently trying to complete career missions in RP1. In the 'First Lunar Orbiter & Mapper (Uncrewed)' mission, I've successfully placed the 'VI02- Basic TV Camera' on the satellite, and it's functioning correctly, generating science points. However, I haven't been able to activate any biomes, which is preventing me from completing the mission. Could you please help me with this issue? It's been bothering me for several days now, and I'm feeling quite frustrated.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2023 at 5:30 AM, CFR6862 said:

Hello, development team! Your product is absolutely amazing, and I'm currently trying to complete career missions in RP1. In the 'First Lunar Orbiter & Mapper (Uncrewed)' mission, I've successfully placed the 'VI02- Basic TV Camera' on the satellite, and it's functioning correctly, generating science points. However, I haven't been able to activate any biomes, which is preventing me from completing the mission. Could you please help me with this issue? It's been bothering me for several days now, and I'm feeling quite frustrated.

Are you down to ~180km (IIRC) altitude to ensure you are in LOW SPACE?  Visual Imaging only offers Biome Support at low space, at High Space there is no Biome.  Hence you need to get to LOW SPACE around the Moon to complete this contract.  I just completed it myself.  It looks like you need to do huge amounts of collection, but in fact, 1 Biome, any Visual Imaging II data will instantly complete the contract.  Using RP-1 v2.13