RP-1 Realistic Progression One for KSP 1.12.3

pap1723

Hello,
Sorry for my maybe stupid questions, but I didn't play any RSS/RO/RP-0/RP-1 since 2020 and english is only my third language.
And I want to play a new (long) RP-1 (v1.12.18) Career and maybe you can point me to some answers?

Does somebody here, know if this mods work with RP-1 (v1.12.18)?
Or do I have to change something to show this parts in the TechTree or lists, for example "noRO"/"noRP1"/"wip" settings?

- EDB-RealRockets / EDB Planes / Surestrut Engines / Small Rockets / VentureStar [ https://github.com/tylerraiz?tab=repositories ]
- Augmented Reality
- BonVoyage
- Docking Port Descriptions
- EVA Struts
- Final Frontier
- Grond's Micrometeorite Shield Mod
- Indicator Lights
- Indicator Lights Community Extensions
- KERBAL MEDALS (for FINAL FRONTIER)
- KSP Alternate Resource Panel
- ReCoupler
- SafeChute
- Surface Mounted Lights
- Throttle Controlled Avionics
- Tracking Lights
- Tracking Station Ambientlight

Edited by N3N

Express install is borked - I cant press Apply because the window pops up, that it needs Graphics mod. I go to select it, and then it asks me for something else, then for something else etc, etc. Express my ass :P Whats going on?

19 hours ago, Czejenesku said:

Express install is borked - I cant press Apply because the window pops up, that it needs Graphics mod. I go to select it, and then it asks me for something else, then for something else etc, etc. Express my ass :P Whats going on?

I installed it yesterday and it worked without a problem.

Can you share some screenshots or logs, so that we can help you?

Hi,

i have had a lot of fun playing RP1 and Realism overhaul, but with my latest playthrough i have some problems regarding missing parts. Because of my frantic lmb and rmb clicking in the VAB, somehow i managed to hide AJ-10 engine. It is still visible on the rocket and in the R and D building but i cant find it in the parts list. When i clicked on the engine, a small window appeared with something about hiding a part. Im sure i accidentaly clicked that. Is there a way to acces these hidden parts or a way to make it right? It kinda liquides me off, not being able to see the engine. Thanks in advance for help.

43 minutes ago, Stepan123 said:

Hi,

i have had a lot of fun playing RP1 and Realism overhaul, but with my latest playthrough i have some problems regarding missing parts. Because of my frantic lmb and rmb clicking in the VAB, somehow i managed to hide AJ-10 engine. It is still visible on the rocket and in the R and D building but i cant find it in the parts list. When i clicked on the engine, a small window appeared with something about hiding a part. Im sure i accidentaly clicked that. Is there a way to acces these hidden parts or a way to make it right? It kinda liquides me off, not being able to see the engine. Thanks in advance for help.

I guess it's from a mod called "janitor's closet", you can access it from a broom icon in the VAB

• 4 weeks later...

Do the ROMods such as

• ROEngines
  • ROTanks
  • ROCapsules
  • ROSolar

these replace any of the recommended mods listed in here? https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/Extra-Mods-to-Consider

Just wondering also wondering if I would need to do more than just add the extra mods to consider through ckan Like for example removing dynamic battery storage and deployable engine plugin. Also wanted to try out the Programs and Launch Complexes version and I was wondering if there were some extra tips and tricks that weren't already in the guide for it?

Edited by FabioofSpace
Forgot to add the stuff I was wondering about installing the recommended extra mods for RP-1

Hi, 

i've been playing KSP RP1 for a while now, it is almost the perfect kerbal game today :). 

Just a quick question, do you guys are missing solar panels from the ro solar mod??? I see all these parts in the game data folder that don't show up in the techtree or the VAB. Is it a known issue or i did something particular to trigger that?^^

Sorry for the really foggy description^^.

Edit:

Moreover, can anyone tell me if there are Ore or Regolith variable for the tanks? Because i cannot find the correspondant container or it doesn't need to be stored before being processed? (im using kerbalism)

Edited by bob_kelso
missing a question

I'm having a problem where every time I go into the VAB my keyboard shortcuts are removed and I have to use EditorExtensionsRedux to reset them. As soon as I leave and re-enter the VAB, the same thing has happened again. As soon as I remove RP0 the problem has gone. Anyone have any ideas, it's driving me nuts?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I downloaded RP1 a few days ago using the express install on CKAN.  Really loving it so far!  I noticed that the engines all have a ''Rated burn time'' but my engines seem to ignore this for some reason and just go on burning as long as there is fuel i.e. the Aerobee engine which is rated for 47 seconds went right up to 1 minute 30 seconds without failure.  I sometimes get the odd engine losing thrust etc on some launches, just after launch so that part of the mod seems to be working.  I noticed the mod test flight did install which I believe controls this so the mod is there.  Is there something I need to change in the config files or something?  

20 hours ago, mateusviccari said:

Shame, I use this mod a lot for long burn times and to speed up reentry. 

Well I thought it was the culprit, I'm not so sure now because my shortcuts are still sometimes gone, it just doesn't happen as much without Time Control.

So I saw that they moved my version of RP-1 to the legacy branch, meaning they launched a new version. I created a new portable install of KSP, and it won't let me install the new branch because it says the Express Graphics package is not compatible with my version of KSP. I think there's something wrong with the current express install on CKAN.

It seems to involve something called 'Toadicus Tools'.

image at 

https://ibb.co/mqPGK7G

Edited by Minowara

49 minutes ago, Minowara said:

So I saw that they moved my version of RP-1 to the legacy branch, meaning they launched a new version. I created a new portable install of KSP, and it won't let me install the new branch because it says the Express Graphics package is not compatible with my version of KSP. I think there's something wrong with the current express install on CKAN.

It seems to involve something called 'Toadicus Tools'.

image at 

https://ibb.co/mqPGK7G

I'm pretty sure I read something about it not being supported on ckan yet. Probably while everything is finalized to avoid breaking things. Could be wrong though, I'm sure it'll be good to go in the next couple days.

1 hour ago, despondent_purple_ said:

I'm pretty sure I read something about it not being supported on ckan yet. Probably while everything is finalized to avoid breaking things. Could be wrong though, I'm sure it'll be good to go in the next couple days.

Edit: it is SAVE-BREAKING. To prevent accidental save-breaking, it is not offered as an upgrade in CKAN. In order to upgrade to it, either create a new Express install, or uninstall the Express Install and then reinstall it. When given the choice make sure to select the regular RP-1 option, not Legacy RP-1.

Hey, I just tried to install the 1.12.3 version with the express install but I get an error message saying: 

The following inconsistencies were found:
* RP-0 v1.13.2.1 conflicts with ROSolar v2.0.0.0

and then it says: please try again or contact the support. I tried reinstalling CKAN and the Game files itself but nothing changed...

I downloaded a fresh installation of KSP 1.12.3 and I am using the latest version of ckan

Can you help me with this issue?

2 hours ago, Unieax said:

Hey, I just tried to install the 1.12.3 version with the express install but I get an error message saying: 

and then it says: please try again or contact the support. I tried reinstalling CKAN and the Game files itself but nothing changed...

I downloaded a fresh installation of KSP 1.12.3 and I am using the latest version of ckan

From what I've gathered (very little experience so take with a grain of salt) it appears the express install link in ckan is routing to the previous stable build version (1.13.2.1) of RP-1 which is dependent on RO Solar (im assuming the other modules that updated 2.0 today also) being the previous compatible stable versions for the build. The way the express install is handled through ckan doesnt let you chose to use a previous version (im assuming its suppose to to automatically select it somehow when it walks you through the install and the code just doesnt quite work or something) so therefore it flags an error for an incompatible dependent module. Again horrible, speculation on my part from a less than sound knowledge base but thats what I gathered. Currently installing all dependencies manually and attempting to manually install the RP-1 2.0.0.0 from the zip file on the github. Will update with progress. 

I should note that the express install is SUPPOSED to flag with the previous version to prevent breaking old saves on startup. I found this out when I first installed the updates and tried to open KSP today. So it is doing the thing. I'm just not sure in the right way/order. Meh. Computers make brain hurt. lol

Edited by despondent_purple_

4 hours ago, Unieax said:

So I tried the manual install and still had issues. I completely deleted all ksp files and ckan including all directories, verified integrity with steam, reinstalled ckan, and now the express download is working fine. Haven't finished downloading to test functionality but this at least fixed the "incompatible RO-xx 2.0.0.0" issue and allowed the install. Worth a shot maybe.

Final update:  After doing a full reset on everything ksp related, installing the express install via ckan, deleting the folder titled "RP-0" in game data and replacing it with the folder titled "RP-1" from the latest stable release on github, I can report full functionality so far. Super stoked to see what the new experience will be like. I've spent half an hour already just looking at the setup for all the new additions. Best of luck to all!

RP-1 v2.0.0 - The Programs and Launch Complexes Update is now available on CKAN! The best option would be to create a completely fresh install of KSP, and then use CKAN to select the RP-1 Express Install. Alternately (but more complicated), would be to use CKAN to uninstall the RP-1 Express Install and then reinstall through CKAN. Make sure to select RP-1 rather than RP-1 (Legacy) when prompted.

This is a massive update and is a completely different way to play RP-1 from what many of you are used to, read the changelog here to see everything that is different:

• Programs is a new way of playing RP-1, where contracts are grouped into overarching Programs. Use the Administration Building to select your starting Program(s) and go from there. You will only have access to the contracts appropriate to your current Program(s), and those contracts will only reward rep (and sometimes Confidence, a new currency). Income comes from your programs' budgets, though you also get a large subsidy (towards salary and other maintenance costs). This subsidy increases year-over-year until the mid-60s, and varies based on your current reputation.
  • The existing VAB/SPH build queues are replaced with Launch Complexes. The player can have any number of launch complexes, and LCs have size, mass and resource limits. The Hangar is a special case of LC.
  • You can now appoint (and fire) certain historic Leaders. These leaders offer bonuses and penalties, and new slots unlock as you advance in your career.
  • For a longer overview, see The PLC Conversion Guide

This will be the new version of RP-1 going forward and the previous versions will be "Legacy" (deprecated), and will no longer receive updates.

A ton of time and effort has been put into this new version of RP-1 and we are excited for it to be released. Further development will continue and we expect the experience to keep improving over time.

Enjoy!

The RP-1 Team

Please install via the express install

Release info on GitHub

Hey, I am currently playing the new RP-1 v2.0.0. I really like the changes from the old version! However I am facing some very high build times for relatively small vessels (image: https://postimg.cc/gxHMGDZp). I am using the maximum amount of engineers possible for the current LC (5-7 tons). Is this how it is supposed to be or am I doing something wrong?

On 6/6/2023 at 10:36 PM, Unieax said:

Hey, I am currently playing the new RP-1 v2.0.0. I really like the changes from the old version! However I am facing some very high build times for relatively small vessels (image: https://postimg.cc/gxHMGDZp). I am using the maximum amount of engineers possible for the current LC (5-7 tons). Is this how it is supposed to be or am I doing something wrong?

Did you maybe forget to tool? That's insanely expensive.