[1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] Kerbal Space Transport System

linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, have you considered adding an option for Volume restraints? basically, just take the dimensions of the payload object during a mission recording (IIRC these are values the game already calculates and uses- you can see them in the VAB / SPH and in the tracking station for inflight vessels) and then when the mission is recorded in addition too weight restrictions anything larger than the volume deployed also is invalid. 

7 hours ago, 123nick said:

Hey, have you considered adding an option for Volume restraints? basically, just take the dimensions of the payload object during a mission recording (IIRC these are values the game already calculates and uses- you can see them in the VAB / SPH and in the tracking station for inflight vessels) and then when the mission is recorded in addition too weight restrictions anything larger than the volume deployed also is invalid. 

Nope

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 2:11 PM, Earthbound Spartan said:

Is it possible for a future that this mod could be compatible with Kerbal Construction Time? It would be really nice to be able to use it on RSS/RP-1/RO.

Great work, by the way!

Probably not

• 1 month later...

Yes, the staging as setup in SPH or VAB is completely lost and every stageable part is stuffed into the default first stage. Workaround is rearranging the  staging but that can get tedious if you have a large part number ship/plane. Thanks for looking into it.

3 hours ago, g_BonE said:

Yes, the staging as setup in SPH or VAB is completely lost and every stageable part is stuffed into the default first stage. Workaround is rearranging the  staging but that can get tedious if you have a large part number ship/plane. Thanks for looking into it.

When does it get lost?

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

When does it get lost?

I fixed this in a fork once but abandoned it. I was trying to generalize the ability to launch based on what you'd achieved before, very similar to how WOLF simplifies resource generation by abstracting it, I gave up on the UI programming. I also wanted KCT and USI-LS compatibility and those turned into Reflection rabbit holes.

The staging never exists in the first place because of the way the vessel is spawned. I don't believe it ever worked. I fixed it by using the vessel spawn code Allista has in AT_Utils as a reference point. See https://github.com/allista/AT_Utils/blob/4d667ac2b2889a710d692b5729c32480fb0f4c79/Addons/VesselSpawner.cs for details. I think `StageManager.BeginFlight()` needed to be called to get it working. I had physics problems with my KSTS spawned vessels then, too, which I was able to fix using AT_Utils as a reference, too. I can't recreate those today. It's possible that other physics plugins like PersistentRotation or whatever plugin I had to help with the Minmus Quake was just exacerbated by how KSTS spawns vessels.

Edited by whitespacekilla
clarity

If You use  the KSTS Deploy function the craft ends up seemingly without the staging information as soon as it gets spawned in the chosen orbit.  Looks like as mentioned above this data is just not transferred to the spawned craft.

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Explain, please

I have old tugs that have docking ports and are now named as debris. When I start a transport mission the vessels still appear in the list of ships and stations in KSTS menu. It would be handy if vessels marked as debris were filtered out. I have alot of ships in kerbins orbit so its harder to scroll down the long list. As I said its just an annoyance nothing major. 

Edited by dave1904

2 hours ago, dave1904 said:

I have old tugs that have docking ports and are now named as debris. When I start a transport mission the vessels still appear in the list of ships and stations in KSTS menu. It would be handy if vessels marked as debris were filtered out. I have alot of ships in kerbins orbit so its harder to scroll down the long list. As I said its just an annoyance nothing major. 

I hear you, but do they have probe cores as well?  I can look into filtering out things that are labeled as debris, but not sure if it actually looking at that or looking at other things.

14 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I hear you, but do they have probe cores as well?  I can look into filtering out things that are labeled as debris, but not sure if it actually looking at that or looking at other things.

sorry. I deleted the craft from the tracking station and am not 100% sure. I think some had probe cores and some did not.

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed, that the menu for craft selection in the "deployment" screen does not show any subfolders or crafts within.  This probably due to the plugin only looking for files inside the ships folder (?)

Is it possible to include subfolders in this query?

Cheers and happy new year!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...