[1.12.x] Soundtrack Editor Forked

linuxgurugamer

6 hours ago, pingin said:

Sad that this does not work on Linux systems but I understand that is non-trivial to implement.

Wait, this is weird.  This commit says that it added libmpg123-0.dll to KSP_Data for Linux/OSX.  But it appears that the file is exactly the same as the one in KSP_x64_Data - which is a windows-native DLL.  I suspect if you replace that with a linux version from here then it might work.

@linuxgurugamer Does this sound reasonable? https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/SoundtrackEditorForked/issues/7

On 8/7/2024 at 8:39 AM, JonnyOThan said:

Wait, this is weird.  This commit says that it added libmpg123-0.dll to KSP_Data for Linux/OSX.  But it appears that the file is exactly the same as the one in KSP_x64_Data - which is a windows-native DLL.  I suspect if you replace that with a linux version from here then it might work.

If I can get confirmation that this works, then I'll  update the mod with it

Is there any way to define a playlist as a "fallback" to use if no other playlist meets the conditions?
Alternatively, could this playlist be defined to play in orbit around any body alongside planet-specific playlists?

By the way, does the playlist.cfg support comments of any kind?

Edited by SergeantBlueforce

7 hours ago, SergeantBlueforce said:

Hey, if you're still developing this is any capacity, is there any chance you could add a condition to check for the parent body of the currently orbited body?

that would be nice.

On 10/26/2022 at 8:07 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

this mod is mostly on life support :D

Bumping this as an FYI from the author, though I do not speak for them.  An old message, but I'd guess it still holds true. It appears this mod has been in maintenance mode for a few years now.

There are quite a few features from the original mod code that never saw the light of day and other great ideas that users have, so I hope that someone can find a way to either build upon this mod further or create an entirely new music mod that provides more complex features in the future. Regardless, I love this mod as it has allowed me to recreate KSP2's dynamic music in some form.

9 minutes ago, RileyHef said:

Bumping this as an FYI from the author, though I do not speak for them.  An old message, but I'd guess it still holds true. It appears this mod has been in maintenance mode for a few years now.

There are quite a few features from the original mod code that never saw the light of day and other great ideas that users have, so I hope that someone can find a way to either build upon this mod further or create an entirely new music mod that provides more complex features in the future. Regardless, I love this mod as it has allowed me to recreate KSP2's dynamic music in some form.

KSP2  music in KSP1 is so great. Now we just need the UI

AMAZING MOD!! I'm using the KSP2 soundtracks and they are FIRE :D

One issue though, when I touch down on the surface of a planet/moon, the music stops immediately. Is there any way to make it fade out in the settings? If not is this something that you expect to implement?

• 3 weeks later...

I've found another bug: if more than one playlist can be played under the given conditions, the final playlist among such a group will loop indefinitely unless the game is paused and unpaused while it is playing. After doing this, a different eligible playlist will be played when the current one ends.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2024 at 1:13 AM, defoma said:

AMAZING MOD!! I'm using the KSP2 soundtracks and they are FIRE :D

One issue though, when I touch down on the surface of a planet/moon, the music stops immediately. Is there any way to make it fade out in the settings? If not is this something that you expect to implement?

i've seen a fade out setting in the source code.. but it isn't implemented, and i have no idea how to build it, sadly. but hopefully if this is getting continued we can get it