[20.x]BobCat Ind. Release

BobCat

How do I get OUT of the interior camera mode once I have it turned on?

Pressing "C" should do it.

Edit:

I see what you mean now.

I think it was F6 or F7 to get out for the outside view

Edited by pyro
Addition

Development of Pretorian DEMV Mk II LRM continues apace : it turns out that the current spec is quite over-engineered (tons of fuel) if navigated properly (it will include protracter - interplanetary rendezvous calculator mod), despite being quite minimal and simple. In other words, a one stop shop for anyone who needs to deploy BobCat's DEMV Mark 2 to any planet surface.

demv_preview02.jpg

Edited by segaprophet

Drove it around on Kerbin for fun, seems that it doesn't brake very well... is it just me or is this holw it's suppose to be?

Yes, I agree, the brakes are very weak.

Try changing "brakeTorque = 1.5" to "brakeTorque = 3.5" in the part.cfg file. And remember "N" is the brake, "B" is the parking brake and "K" is reverse. Don't expect "K" to stop you like the brakes will.

Finally got this truck onto Mun. It was very tedious trying to tweak the center of mass because I wanted to add kethane extractor tools to it. It seemed that any little off balance will cause the descent and even transfer stage to tilt out of control... The stages weren't planned out very well, leaving debris in weird orbits, but it does have enough fuel for Minmus and probably enough to come back to Kerbin if there's someway to attach a functional command pod alongside the DEMV cockpit. It can probably go to other planets with NERVA for the transfer stage. Some pics:

Final descent

screenshot13.png

Separation

screenshot16.png

A minor adjustment to the mod allows some fun possibilities...and yes, if you want, it can fly.

Actually, I never would have thought to use it as ))))

Yes, I agree, the brakes are very weak.

Try changing "brakeTorque = 1.5" to "brakeTorque = 3.5" in the part.cfg file.

strong brakes can cause the rover to roll, especially in challenging conditions of low gravity, so I chose to leave a weak but safe

And remember "N" is the brake, "B" is the parking brake and "K" is reverse. Don't expect "K" to stop you like the brakes will.

exactly

And what about the Hopper MKIII?

He is in queue

I just wanted to say thank you for this mod. I have taken many landers to the Mun, but this is definately the most fun and the biggest challenge.

I centered the DEMV upsidown ontop of the EAGLE VTOL stock ship, it has just enough power to get both off the ground and safely land on the MUN, now I will try and see if I can get one to the new planets,

but the Mun took me so long lol, that could be some time away.

strong brakes can cause the rover to roll, especially in challenging conditions of low gravity, so I chose to leave a weak but safe

That is probably best for general low G use.

For those that want stronger brakes they can still do the brake edit to part.cfg and use reverse ("K") to slow down gently and not flip over in low G environments or use brakes ("N") to slow down quickly with more risk.

Dear all I want to share with you my new craft which is still under test.

It should travel to most planets and moons. It has 4 arms which act as legs on launching and landing and act like landing lights and also to light the surrounding when navigating on the surface. It has 2 solar panels which recharge the fuel. :)

it has ISA radar and another radar for SAS and ADV. SAS + It detect Monoliths, I put the last part to the down (rotated 180 deg.) to move the mass center down.

Once it lands and moves on the surface, it can re-launch again and go to another planet. It solar panels recharge the fuel used in the launching once it is resting in the space.

Ramy Maacaron

architect

3dmax modeler

Edited by ramy

dear Blueshirt21,

Engines are the following:

1- “Fsengine†old mod (the saucer). It is a simple engine which burns 0 fuel. (it is the old Ion engine when there were no plugins).

2- “NW_trex-engine†which was used by â€Âtrex_engine†and made by “muskegâ€Â. It burns slowly the fuel.

3- “SolarCollector†done by “Captain Slug†which regenerate fuel in a very slow way.

I used 6 small engines in total and 2 solar collectors.

Putting these engines is not an achievement in itself. The smart thing if I may call it, are the arms linked to the hinge. Due to this, these arms can behave as I said previously as legs and lights to land during the night and as lights when the arms are raised high to illuminate far the surrounding. It also detects the monolith (150km), scan the planet (ISA) and is equipped with a strong radar which is SAS and ASAS in the same time. Of course I am using MECH. I always used it to save time since finally I was successful in my landing in a rate of 2 on 3.

I will post shortly shots from Duna.

Please note that I have modified nothing, neither cheated in any mods.

I like to design crafts with good logic ideas. well I try to create such crafs. this is my first image posting.

I work as a designer.

Edited by ramy

What i don't quite understand about the DEMV mk2 is the enormous speed at which it can move. 81.6 m/s which is almost 294 km or 184 miles per hour.

At those speeds the fuel tank drops off from the back of the truck with every slight turn (or topple the vehicle over).

Personally, i don't like the bulkhead in the chassis. It needlessly limits the uses of the truck. Please make that a separate part so it can be used when necessary.

Edited by TheCardinal
typo

Hi Bobcat,

I'm using and enjoying the DEMV Mark 2, and noticed a minor incompatibility with the Engineer plugin:

The fuel in the cargo tank doesn't count towards the Engineer delta-V calculations, either in VAB or during flight. The fuel quantity shows up correctly, though, and it all gets used.

This was under 0.17, with the current build of DEMV and Engineer.

Thanks again. She's a real beauty!

I'm running into an issue where as soon as I launch, the vehicle, just the bare bones DEMV 2 with mechanical arm, will shake itself to pieces on the pad.

If it is the damned Robotics mod, then that is something a lot of people have experienced before (and it can't be solved)

If it is the damned Robotics mod, then that is something a lot of people have experienced before (and it can't be solved)

It is! Do we know whether the problem is on his end or DEMV's? I've narrowed it down to the claws.

Edited by sanderlebau