[1.9.x] TUFX - Post Processing

Shadowmage

I recently downloaded a TUFX profile with motion blur effects. I tried to take a low altitude screenshot with trees, but the second I paused the game, the blur effect stopped. I s there a way to keep the blur effect even if the game is paused?

• 3 weeks later...

Was anyone ever able to sort out the issues with TUFX and supersampling? I'm getting supersampled screenshots if I take them in the VAB/SPH (where TUFX isn't active) but outside of that it'll be a 1080p image scaled up to whatever it's supersampled to be rather than actually supersampled. Still 25x the file size though.

Also tried BOSS and it's giving me the same issues.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 1:53 AM, SartinMax said:
hi, i encountered the same bug as this reddit post, and it seems to be related to TUFX, do you have any idea how to fix it? Thank you

I can confirm that I had this exact issue as well. Fixed by deleting TUFX. It seems that the current version is bugged, tried deleting many other visual mods and the issue still persisted. 

On 8/2/2023 at 6:42 AM, DanBMan said:

I can confirm that I had this exact issue as well. Fixed by deleting TUFX. It seems that the current version is bugged, tried deleting many other visual mods and the issue still persisted. 

Just find out how to trigger this bug I guess. I start the game after delete and reinstalled shabby and TUFX, then I swich into IVA, everything works fine untill I back to normal view from IVA, switch the other TUFX config profile, after that I back into IVA again and I had this bug.

This bug will broke the IVA when the FOV are zoomed in or zoomed out, in default FOV the IVA works normal.

Here is my KSP. log when I did the test to trigger this bug.

1L9xDeh.pngA0qZyXc.png

Hello! I may have a bug report. After updating to 1.0.7.0 via CKAN, when using RSS-Reborn and VolumetricClouds, HDR causes the planet and skybox to blur heavily when in space. No issues with the previous version of TUFX. Do you want me to file an issue in the repo?

Without HDR:

MJQ7tg0.jpg

With:

NT00sYK.jpg

7 hours ago, Zelda said:

Hello! I may have a bug report. After updating to 1.0.7.0 via CKAN, when using RSS-Reborn and VolumetricClouds, HDR causes the planet and skybox to blur heavily when in space. No issues with the previous version of TUFX. Do you want me to file an issue in the repo?

Without HDR:

MJQ7tg0.jpg

With:

NT00sYK.jpg

Can you verify that the profile you're using has/doesn't have Depth of Field?

There's some pretty strong differences between HDR and non-HDR

6 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Yes please 

Okay, will do after work!

4 hours ago, ballisticfox0 said:

Can you verify that the profile you're using has/doesn't have Depth of Field?

There's some pretty strong differences between HDR and non-HDR

It does, but I tried disabling DoF with no change. I tried disabling all of the modules and the only one that had any effect was HDR, and the same profile on the previous version doesn't have this issue. I have run into random blurring rarely, and it was due to DoF - toggling that off temporarily or going to map view typically resolved the issue. I will remove DoF from the profile entirely and try again just to rule that out.

If it's helpful, this is the profile I'm using (not sure how it will look to others, but looks pretty nice on my setup at least!):

TUFX_PROFILE
{
	name = CREI-FreshHDR
	hdr = True
	antialiasing = SubpixelMorphologicalAntialiasing
	EFFECT
	{
		name = AutoExposure
		Filtering = 40,115
		MinLuminance = -1.125
		MaxLuminance = 0.75
		KeyValue = 0.4775
		EyeAdaption = Progressive
		SpeedUp = 2.0
        SpeedDown = 1.0
	}
	EFFECT
	{
		name = AmbientOcclusion
		Mode = MultiScaleVolumetricObscurance
		Intensity = 0.775
		AmbientOnly = True
		NoiseFilterTolerance = -6.25
		UpsampleTolerance = -9.78616333
		ThicknessModifier = 2.5
	}
	EFFECT
	{
		name = Bloom
		Intensity = 1.325
		Threshold = 0.875
		SoftKnee = 0.575
		DirtTexture = TUFX/Textures/LensDirt03
		DirtIntensity = 0.25
	}
	EFFECT
	{
		name = ChromaticAberration
		SpectralLut = TUFX/Textures/SpectralLut_BlueRed
		Intensity = 0.0324999988
		FastMode = True
	}
	EFFECT
	{
		name = ColorGrading
		GradingMode = HighDefinitionRange
		Tonemapper = ACES
		Temperature = 1.25
		Tint = -1.25
		HueShift = 3.25
		Saturation = 27
		PostExposure = 0.5
		Contrast = 12.5
		MixerRedOutBlueIn = 1
		MixerGreenOutRedIn = -0.75
		MixerGreenOutGreenIn = 101.25
		MixerGreenOutBlueIn = 0
		MixerBlueOutRedIn = -1.75
		MixerBlueOutGreenIn = 10
		MixerBlueOutBlueIn = 105
		Lift = 1,1,1,0.0125
		Gamma = 1,1,1,0.0125
		Gain = 1,1,1,0.375
	}
	EFFECT
	{
		name = DepthOfField
		FocusDistance = 75
		Aperture = 5.69999981
		FocalLength = 52
		KernelSize = VeryLarge
	}
	EFFECT
	{
		name = Grain
		Intensity = 0.324999988
		Size = 0.725000024
		LumContrib = 0.869182408
	}
	EFFECT
	{
		name = Vignette
		Mode = Classic
		Intensity = 0.351100624
		Smoothness = 0.200000003
	}
	EFFECT
	{
		name = LensDistortion
		Intensity = 1.88679242
		Scale = 1.01569188
	}
}

Thank you both for replying!

Okay, I need to make a correction because @ballisticfox0 was right on: In grabbing a fresh repro, I tried toggling Depth of Field again, and this time it did resolve the blur issue. Playing with it a bit more, I discovered the issue is only when HDR and Depth of Field is enabled. Disable either one and the issue goes away. I also confirmed that the profile does not matter; it can be an entirely empty profile, and enabling HDR and DoF (even with no other parameters enabled) triggers it.

@JonnyOThan, issue created, let me know if you need anything else: https://github.com/shadowmage45/TUFX/issues/41

Edited by Zelda
Removed extra word

TUFX 1.0.7.1 is now available:

https://github.com/shadowmage45/TUFX/releases/tag/1.0.7.1

Changes

• Fixes atmospheres flickering when at high altitude (prevent TAA from applying to scaledspace camera)
  • Fix depth of field applying to scaled space camera (prevent DOF from applying to scaledspace camera)
  • Fix flashing kerbals in the VAB/SPH (turn off HDR from default-editor profile)

17 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

TUFX 1.0.7.1 is now available:

https://github.com/shadowmage45/TUFX/releases/tag/1.0.7.1

Changes

• Fixes atmospheres flickering when at high altitude (prevent TAA from applying to scaledspace camera)
  • Fix depth of field applying to scaled space camera (prevent DOF from applying to scaledspace camera)
  • Fix flashing kerbals in the VAB/SPH (turn off HDR from default-editor profile)

But I was kind of getting used to the Dark Kerbals (flashing eyeballs)...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I like the tufx mod very much, but I have a problem when using it, my parts seem to become translucent, when I set it to empty, the problem is solved, but I also lose the beautification effect. How do I fix it?i‘m on 1.12.52023-08-25-200907.png2023-08-25-201037.png2023-08-25-201146.png

Edited by mnbvcxz

22 hours ago, mnbvcxz said:

How do I fix it?i‘m on 1.12.5

Please always post logs with bug reports.  This issue should be fixed if you have all the dependencies.  Installation with CKAN is recommended for that reason.

Oh... I just realized I can't update the OP of this thread with new dependencies!  Fixing this issue requires Shabby (and its dependencies).

Edited by JonnyOThan

The bug persists after installing the mod using ckan, and the appearance of those transparent parts is random. I read that Scatterer and Eve are not currently supported, I have both mods, will this result in those translucent parts? In addition, what dependencies does tufx have, and where to look for its logs. Thanks for any help!

9 hours ago, mnbvcxz said:

The bug persists after installing the mod using ckan, and the appearance of those transparent parts is random. I read that Scatterer and Eve are not currently supported, I have both mods, will this result in those translucent parts? In addition, what dependencies does tufx have, and where to look for its logs. Thanks for any help!

TUFX requires shabby, which requires Harmony. KSP.log is in the main game directory.

tufx works fine with scatterer and eve.

The problem is solved. I made a silly mistake, I read earlier that HDR can cause occasional artifacts, but I thought the DISABLE button in Editor Mode meant that HDR was turned off, today I tried clicking this button and the problem was solved. But still thanks for your help JonnyOThan!

On 8/28/2023 at 6:18 AM, mnbvcxz said:

The problem is solved. I made a silly mistake, I read earlier that HDR can cause occasional artifacts, but I thought the DISABLE button in Editor Mode meant that HDR was turned off, today I tried clicking this button and the problem was solved. But still thanks for your help JonnyOThan!

If you have Shabby and all the dependencies, you should not be seeing this issue.  If you posted the log, I'd be able to tell if you had everything installed correctly.

Edited by JonnyOThan

I don't remember installing shabby, how to install it? I couldn't find it, and it said "There aren't any releases here" on its github. Also here is the log, thanks for the help!

https://pan.baidu.com/s/1xTyAaqpDHh4ma7RKXk1FCA?pwd=x3v2

And I just found a small problem, but I forgot to take a screenshot and close the ksp, presumably when I was in orbit in the dark of the moon, the moon obscured the white smoke effect of my rcs, and the tail flame effect of all engines, can this problem be solved by shabby? I'll take a screenshot after entering KSP again if needed

Edited by mnbvcxz

4 hours ago, mnbvcxz said:

I don't remember installing shabby, how to install it? I couldn't find it, and it said "There aren't any releases here" on its github. Also here is the log, thanks for the help!

https://pan.baidu.com/s/1xTyAaqpDHh4ma7RKXk1FCA?pwd=x3v2

And I just found a small problem, but I forgot to take a screenshot and close the ksp, presumably when I was in orbit in the dark of the moon, the moon obscured the white smoke effect of my rcs, and the tail flame effect of all engines, can this problem be solved by shabby? I'll take a screenshot after entering KSP again if needed

I can't download the log file without creating an account or something.  No thanks.

Shabby can be found here:  http://taniwha.org/~bill/Shabby_v0.3.0.zip
If you were using CKAN it would have installed this automatically.

Assuming you were around minmus or vall, this is a known issue between waterfall's distortion effects and parallax.  You can disable waterfall's distortion to fix it.

2 hours ago, Delay said:

@JonnyOThan
Is it possible to have the reentry FX be affected by TUFX as well? Right now they're not; if you turn down the color saturation all the way the whole scene is grayscale except for the bright orange plasma.

huh I wasn't aware they weren't.  I'll take a look sometime.

On 9/1/2023 at 9:13 PM, JonnyOThan said:

I can't download the log file without creating an account or something

Sorry, I didn't know before. 

My parts are fine after installing shabby, thank you for the download link! I'm not good at using ckan

On 9/1/2023 at 9:13 PM, JonnyOThan said:

Assuming you were around minmus or vall, this is a known issue between waterfall's distortion effects and parallax.  You can disable waterfall's distortion to fix it.

As for this, I was in the orbit of the planet MUN, and I turned off HDR and also solved this problem, so I didn't expect it to be a problem with other mods. I've fixed the waterfall settings cfg, I'll try this next time I enter KSP. Thanks for the help!

It doesn't seem to work... I've changed EnableDistortion to false in the WaterfallSettings file, but the tail flame effect of the ship in the mun orbit is still blocked, am I doing something less? Is Distortion still there? Thanks for the help!ViJVLWkx.pngp8I2JGIF.png

Edited by mnbvcxz