TweakScale Companion Program - 2024.02.20.0

Lisias

5 hours ago, Hipser said:

[LOG 10:57:11.043] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part BDA.EJ200 (TFJ-EJ200 "Typhoon" Afterburning Turbofan) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[ERR 10:57:11.043] Cannot find config in file : BD1x0

I’m having this same issue, with the same part causing the error.  Can you please update me with the fix as well?

41 minutes ago, Schaefzilla said:

I’m having this same issue, with the same part causing the error.  Can you please update me with the fix as well?

Sure thing! As soon as someone send me the KSP.log so I can check the patches and see what's happening!

7 hours ago, Hipser said:

using CKAN:
https://file.io/wflHCbFVy8lZ

So far the game seems almost as stable if I click cancel and play on a save I don't care about. can this corrupt .craft files?

Sometimes  nothing happens, sometimes you get royally screwed, sometimes even KSP goes to a CTD - it depends on what parts is being double patched and what PartModules it uses. Since it's impossible to write a code that could analyse every single combination (not to mention being aware of them before they happens!), the less worst solution is to bark on every double patch being found.

I agree it's a pain in the SAS, but it's better than losing your savegames. Even by doing backups, you lose your progression since the last one so it's still an annoyance.

Well, back to business: this is the list of patched being applied to the offended part:

[LOG 10:54:24.953] Applying update 999_KSP-Recall/patches/fundskeeper/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleAsteroid],!MODULE[ModuleComet],!MODULE[KerbalEVA]]:NEEDS[KSPRECALL-FUNDSKEEPER] to BDArmory/Parts/EJ200/caesar_hone_60.cfg/PART[BDA_EJ200]
[LOG 10:54:25.109] Applying update 999_KSP-Recall/patches/refunding/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleAsteroid],!MODULE[ModuleComet],!MODULE[KerbalEVA]]:NEEDS[KSPRECALL-REFUNDING] to BDArmory/Parts/EJ200/caesar_hone_60.cfg/PART[BDA_EJ200]
[LOG 10:54:25.279] Applying update 999_KSP-Recall/patches/stealbackfunds/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleAsteroid],!MODULE[ModuleComet],!MODULE[KerbalEVA]]:NEEDS[KSPRECALL-STEALBACKFUNDS] to BDArmory/Parts/EJ200/caesar_hone_60.cfg/PART[BDA_EJ200]
[LOG 10:54:25.577] Applying update BDArmory/MMPatches/000000_HitpointModule/@PART[*] to BDArmory/Parts/EJ200/caesar_hone_60.cfg/PART[BDA_EJ200]
[LOG 10:54:26.380] Applying update BDArmory/MMPatches/BDA_battledamage/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]] to BDArmory/Parts/EJ200/caesar_hone_60.cfg/PART[BDA_EJ200]
[LOG 10:54:26.601] Applying update BDArmory/Parts/EJ200/caesar_hone_60_TS/@PART[BDA_EJ200] to BDArmory/Parts/EJ200/caesar_hone_60.cfg/PART[BDA_EJ200]
[LOG 10:54:36.352] Applying update SimpleRepaint/Patches/SimpleRepaint/@PART[*]:HAS[~SR_Ignore[]]:FOR[zzzzzzSimpleRepaint] to BDArmory/Parts/EJ200/caesar_hone_60.cfg/PART[BDA_EJ200]
[LOG 10:54:36.595] Applying update SimpleRepaint/Patches/SimpleRepaint/@PART[*]:HAS[~SR_Ignore[],~SR_RepaintType[]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch]:FOR[zzzzzzSimpleRepaint] to BDArmory/Parts/EJ200/caesar_hone_60.cfg/PART[BDA_EJ200]
[LOG 10:54:37.302] Applying update SimpleRepaint/Patches/SimpleRepaint/@PART[*]:HAS[~SR_Ignore[],#SR_RepaintType[B9PS],#SR_MaterialMask1[*]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch]:FOR[zzzzzzSimpleRepaint] to BDArmory/Parts/EJ200/caesar_hone_60.cfg/PART[BDA_EJ200]
[LOG 10:54:51.930] Applying update SimpleRepaint/Patches/SimpleRepaint/@PART[*]:HAS[~SR_Ignore[],@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[SimpleRepaint]]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch]:FOR[zzzzzzSimpleRepaint] to BDArmory/Parts/EJ200/caesar_hone_60.cfg/PART[BDA_EJ200]
[LOG 10:54:52.744] Applying update SimpleRepaint/Patches/SimpleRepaint/@PART[*]:HAS[#SR_RepaintType[*]]:AFTER[zzzzzzSimpleRepaint] to BDArmory/Parts/EJ200/caesar_hone_60.cfg/PART[BDA_EJ200]
[LOG 10:54:52.940] Applying update SimpleRepaint/Patches/SimpleRepaint/@PART[*]:HAS[#SR_WhitelistOnly[*]]:AFTER[zzzzzzSimpleRepaint] to BDArmory/Parts/EJ200/caesar_hone_60.cfg/PART[BDA_EJ200]
[LOG 10:54:53.219] Applying update KSPCommunityFixes/MMPatches/ModSupport/KSPRecall/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[Refunding]]:LAST[999_KSP-Recall] to BDArmory/Parts/EJ200/caesar_hone_60.cfg/PART[BDA_EJ200]
[LOG 10:54:53.561] Applying update KSPCommunityFixes/MMPatches/ModSupport/KSPRecall/@PART[*]:HAS[#hasRefundingOnRecovery[?rue]]:LAST[999_KSP-Recall] to BDArmory/Parts/EJ200/caesar_hone_60.cfg/PART[BDA_EJ200]
[LOG 10:54:53.900] Applying update KSPCommunityFixes/MMPatches/ModSupport/KSPRecall/@PART[*]:HAS[#hasRefundingOnRecovery]:LAST[999_KSP-Recall] to BDArmory/Parts/EJ200/caesar_hone_60.cfg/PART[BDA_EJ200]
[LOG 10:54:54.145] Applying update 999_KSP-Recall/patches/attached-on-editor/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ProceduralPart],!MODULE[WingProcedural],!MODULE[ModuleAsteroid],!MODULE[ModuleComet],!MODULE[KerbalEVA]]:LAST[KSPRECALL-ATTACHED-ON-EDITOR]:NEEDS[TweakScale] to BDArmory/Parts/EJ200/caesar_hone_60.cfg/PART[BDA_EJ200]

KSP-Recall and KSPCommunityFixes don't touch TweakScale, so we can rule them out for sure.

So we have BDArmory itself, or SimpleRepaint as possible suspects.

Temporarily remove SimpleRepaint and see if the problem goes away. If yes, then file a bug report to SimpleRepaint maintainers, as it has somehow a buggy patch on it involving TweakScale.

On the other hand, if by removing SimpleRepaint you still get the problem, then the only remaining suspect is BDArmory itself, and then you need to reach them to file a bug report and ask for the fix.

Where the fix is to look on their patches and remove the double patching - the log excerpt above tells exactly what are the possible offenders, so I think they can zero in the culprit pretty fast!

Let me know when the problem is solved!

— — POST EDIT — — 

Another Kerbonaut have the same issue, reported on github. The only add'ons you and they have in common is KSP-Recall (that doesn't applies TweakScale patches, so it's ruled out) and BDArmory itself on the following patches:

• BDArmory/MMPatches/000000_HitpointModule/@part[*]
  • BDArmory/MMPatches/BDA_battledamage/@part[*]:HAS[@module[ModuleEnginesFX]]
  • BDArmory/Parts/EJ200/caesar_hone_60_TS/@part[BDA_EJ200]

I think we can declare BDArmory as the current main (and only) suspect!

Edited by Lisias
post edit

On 1/18/2022 at 11:46 PM, Lisias said:

So you really found something - apparently I was wrong about having the "Reload Scene" fixed.

Sorry to bother you but was this issue (breaking the plume scale on revert) ever fixed? There are new releases since then, but do they still have the issue?

Also, a question about the old subassembly issue- If I update a setup from TS 2.4.5.0/no Recall to the latest TS and Recall, will that cause existing or future subassemblies to break?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, noaa_satellite said:

Sorry to bother you but was this issue (breaking the plume scale on revert) ever fixed? There are new releases since then, but do they still have the issue?

It was scheduled to be fixed at this time, but problems unrelated to TweakScale (or the Companions) completely screwed up my last window of opportunity for it (this year's early holidays), and so I had to postpone it again.

It will be fixed only for the (hopefully) near coming TweakScale 2.5 series, the current 2.4 doesn't have the features I need to carry the tasks (it's the reason the fix wasn't coded yet). The current 2.4 series should be considered legacy by now, I will not publish new features (or fix bugs that need new features).

4 hours ago, noaa_satellite said:

Also, a question about the old subassembly issue- If I update a setup from TS 2.4.5.0/no Recall to the latest TS and Recall, will that cause existing or future subassemblies to break?

I screwed up a little bit on a previous KSP-Recall, and that was the reason of some borkage in the field while creating new crafts and subassemblies (existent ones weren't affected, and this is the reason I let this crap pass trough). Other than that, I had no problems on my tests on updating KSP-Recall.

However, and this is very important, one problem still to be solved is a new (old) bug I found recently (less than a month ago!!) on Editor since KSP 1.8 on the reroot feature. By some reason rerooting the craft or the subassembly completely screw up the attachment points (and I have notice that it screws up the internals of at least one Add'On pretty badly).

Since rerooting a subassembly is almost essential when attaching subassemblies to the main hull, I think we have an explanation for a lot of bug reports I had received in the past that I never managed to reproduce, because only recently one user had the presence of mind to meticulously describe how to reproduce the problem step by step and I finally noticed the involvement of the reroot on the mess.

The rerooting problem was not tackled down yet, and this is a problem for everybody using subassemblies. However, this is affecting everybody since KSP 1.8, so upgrading to KSP-Recall will not make things any worse.

On a side note: it will not hurt if you backup your whole installation before upgrading and then spend some time toying with the upgrade before deciding to keep it. I will speak openly about this: I never tested upgrading TweakScale or KSP-Recall more than one or two releases, so your use case (upgrading from a pretty old TweakScale without KSP-Recall) was never really tested.

I remember coding features for this use case a long time ago, so it's intended to work - if you find some problem while doing this, please file a bug report and I will fix it (I will need a copy of your original savegame so I can have something to work with. Sending me the screwed one will also help, as I will have something to compare with in less time).

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
Tyop! Surprised?

• 5 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Falcon Aerospace said:

Any plans for ORANGES, Artemis Construction Kit, and the other benjee mods?

Yes. Please make a list of them and I will update this issue:

https://github.com/TweakScale/Companion/issues/19

I'm planning to have a window of opportunity to tackle down a lot of Companion tasks next month, and I will carry one benjee's ones too.

4 hours ago, Borksnorkel Jr said:

I tried installing but it gives me an error.

Post the KSP.log using dropbox or similar service and I will see what's happening. Otherwise, I can't help!

22 hours ago, kerbmario said:

@Lisiasmay you implement tweakscale modules for neistairs new main and tail wing I created? Thanks in advance

Already made!

You can install it alone: https://github.com/TweakScale/Companion_NAP/releases

Or you can install it with the Uberpaket (everytying and the kitchen's sink): https://github.com/TweakScale/Companion/releases

Cheers!

— — POST EDIT — — 

OUKEY, I had misread the original post!!! (shame of on me :blush:)

@kerbmario, I will work on your new parts this weekend! Sorry for the confusion!!

https://github.com/TweakScale/Companion_NAP/issues/1

Edited by Lisias
whoops...

我在调整引擎时遇到了问题。当我缩放库存和KW发动机(包括固体发动机)时,推力不会缩放。我已经安装了realfuel,我不知道此错误是否相关。这是我的日志文件:https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao4ZI6lp9rIGubt3cA5H3iknsr2VtA?e=OxqCFB

{Moderator added translation}
I have a problem with the adjustment process. When we keep the KW engine (inclusive solid engine), the thrust is not released. I've already installed realfuel, I don't know if this is true or not. This is my log file:

Edited by James Kerman
Added Translation

8 hours ago, HideoKuze said:

我在调整引擎时遇到了问题。当我缩放库存和KW发动机(包括固体发动机)时,推力不会缩放。我已经安装了realfuel,我不知道此错误是否相关。这是我的日志文件:https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao4ZI6lp9rIGubt3cA5H3iknsr2VtA?e=OxqCFB

{Moderator added translation}
I have a problem with the adjustment process. When we keep the KW engine (inclusive solid engine), the thrust is not released. I've already installed realfuel, I don't know if this is true or not. This is my log file:

Hi! It's not exactly a bug, but lack of support!

It's currently work in progress (i.e., I'm working the code to support Real Fuels and Modular Fuel Tanks).

https://github.com/TweakScale/Companion_FuelSwitches

I will have time for modding again next month (July), but since I have a huge backlog, I can't make any promises about the deadline yet. (to tell you the true, coding is relatively fast, testing the thing is the time consuming task!).

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
tyops!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 9:54 PM, Sanchez_1 said:

How does the waterfall tweakscale work? I can't seem to get it to work, I have the companion.

Last time I checked, it worked - but with a glitch, by some reason I didn't had time to diagnose yet, by reverting to Launch the plumes fails to be scaled back - somewhat annoying.

Interesting enough, if you quit the savegame and reload it, then the plumes are scaled normaly. Didn't tried switching vessels, but I think that if you switch to a vessel far enough (so the reverted vessel got into rails), by switching back the plumes are scaled again.

In a way or another, it's a known issue and will be worked out Soon™.

—— POST EDIT — — 

For the sake of completude, I just fired up 1.12.5 with Waterfall and TweakScale. The thing is working:

screenshot14

But still with the Revert to Launch glitch:

screenshot15

Switching vessels don't work, the only way to fix the plumes is to switching Scenes.

Edited by Lisias
post edit

23 minutes ago, alp55 said:

Moving parts and loading crafts don't work after installing TweakScale. 

Send the KSP.log and I will check what's wrong on you rig.

On 7/18/2023 at 9:52 PM, Lisias said:

Last time I checked, it worked - but with a glitch, by some reason I didn't had time to diagnose yet, by reverting to Launch the plumes fails to be scaled back - somewhat annoying.

Interesting enough, if you quit the savegame and reload it, then the plumes are scaled normaly. Didn't tried switching vessels, but I think that if you switch to a vessel far enough (so the reverted vessel got into rails), by switching back the plumes are scaled again.

In a way or another, it's a known issue and will be worked out Soon™.

—— POST EDIT — — 

For the sake of completude, I just fired up 1.12.5 with Waterfall and TweakScale. The thing is working:

screenshot14

But still with the Revert to Launch glitch:

screenshot15

Switching vessels don't work, the only way to fix the plumes is to switching Scenes.

Yeah, mine doesn't scale it at all. I think there may be a conflict of some sort.

Added a picture for you 

image.png

Edited by Sanchez_1
Picture addition

42 minutes ago, Sanchez_1 said:

Yeah, mine doesn't scale it at all. I think there may be a conflict of some sort.

Send me your KSP.log. Let's see what's happening in your rig.

5 hours ago, Sanchez_1 said:

Hi! Your "problem" is way simpler! You need to install TweskScale Companion for Frameworks (a bag of tricks to support a lot of thingies like Warterfall):

https://github.com/TweakScale/Companion_Frameworks/releases

Or, you are lazy and just don't want to cherry pick your dependencies, you can install TweakScale Companion The ÜberPaket, with all the stable enough Companions on a single package:

https://github.com/TweakScale/Companion/releases

However… Your KSP.log is literally littered with Exceptions from many Add'Ons!

• kOS
  • KSPCommunityFixes
  • KSPTextureSwitch
  • ModuleEnginesFX (!!!!!!!!!)
    • This one is a Stock module!
  • TweakScale
  • SSTUModularEngineCluster
  • ModuleSEPEngineGUI
  • LaunchClamp (!!!!!)
    • Another Stock one!!!

Things are, definitively, horribly messy on your rig. You need to fix it, otherwise none of the Add'Ons I listed above will work correctly (if work at all). Some of the Exceptions appears to be happening on the Update thingy, and if I'm right the sequence of thingies that Unity need to do on every frame is being aborted with a lot of things undone - I can't explain to you exactly how bad this can be without breaking 2 or 3 Forum rules...

What you need to do right now:

• Get rig or every MiniAVC.dll you find in your GameData. This thingy is a known troublemaker
  • Reach KSPCommunityFixes maintainer about the following exception:
    • [EXC 10:39:40.978] NotSupportedException: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic module.
              System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.get_Location () (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
              KSPCommunityFixes.Modding.ReflectionTypeLoadExceptionHandler+FailedAssembly..ctor (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) (at <
              KSPCommunityFixes.Modding.ReflectionTypeLoadExceptionHandler.LogReflectionTypeLoadExceptionInfo (System.Reflection.Assembly a
              KSPCommunityFixes.Modding.ReflectionTypeLoadExceptionHandler.Assembly_GetTypes_Prefix (System.Reflection.Assembly __instance,
              (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Reflection.Assembly.System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes_Patch1(System.Reflection.Assembly)
              KSPCommunityFixes.Modding.ReflectionTypeLoadExceptionHandler+<Start>d__11.MoveNext () (at <bd3330ae11e64cfcaf0ed6ad15c2ce90>:
              UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <
              UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
              ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
              UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

• KSPCF throwing Exceptions (other than one that it's intentional while starting up, and it's not this one!) is really, really hair raising.
  • Once you have these two problems solved, I think we will be able to further fix your rig.

22 hours ago, Lisias said:

Hi! Your "problem" is way simpler! You need to install TweskScale Companion for Frameworks (a bag of tricks to support a lot of thingies like Warterfall):

https://github.com/TweakScale/Companion_Frameworks/releases

Or, you are lazy and just don't want to cherry pick your dependencies, you can install TweakScale Companion The ÜberPaket, with all the stable enough Companions on a single package:

https://github.com/TweakScale/Companion/releases

However… Your KSP.log is literally littered with Exceptions from many Add'Ons!

• kOS
  • KSPCommunityFixes
  • KSPTextureSwitch
  • ModuleEnginesFX (!!!!!!!!!)
    • This one is a Stock module!
  • TweakScale
  • SSTUModularEngineCluster
  • ModuleSEPEngineGUI
  • LaunchClamp (!!!!!)
    • Another Stock one!!!

Things are, definitively, horribly messy on your rig. You need to fix it, otherwise none of the Add'Ons I listed above will work correctly (if work at all). Some of the Exceptions appears to be happening on the Update thingy, and if I'm right the sequence of thingies that Unity need to do on every frame is being aborted with a lot of things undone - I can't explain to you exactly how bad this can be without breaking 2 or 3 Forum rules...

What you need to do right now:

• Get rig or every MiniAVC.dll you find in your GameData. This thingy is a known troublemaker
  • Reach KSPCommunityFixes maintainer about the following exception:
    • [EXC 10:39:40.978] NotSupportedException: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic module.
              System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.get_Location () (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
              KSPCommunityFixes.Modding.ReflectionTypeLoadExceptionHandler+FailedAssembly..ctor (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) (at <
              KSPCommunityFixes.Modding.ReflectionTypeLoadExceptionHandler.LogReflectionTypeLoadExceptionInfo (System.Reflection.Assembly a
              KSPCommunityFixes.Modding.ReflectionTypeLoadExceptionHandler.Assembly_GetTypes_Prefix (System.Reflection.Assembly __instance,
              (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Reflection.Assembly.System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes_Patch1(System.Reflection.Assembly)
              KSPCommunityFixes.Modding.ReflectionTypeLoadExceptionHandler+<Start>d__11.MoveNext () (at <bd3330ae11e64cfcaf0ed6ad15c2ce90>:
              UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <
              UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
              ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
              UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

• KSPCF throwing Exceptions (other than one that it's intentional while starting up, and it's not this one!) is really, really hair raising.
  • Once you have these two problems solved, I think we will be able to further fix your rig.

Ok, I'm a little confused but I'll see what I can fixed.

Hi! New here lol.

No problems so far but can you tell me exactly how to properly make separate companion files too? I'm trying to do it for my BDA  missiles as well as other addons. I've been looking at the files and I know how to add tweakscale modules but I'd prefer making my own separate companion mod for it.

Thanks!