TweakScale Companion Program - 2024.02.20.0

Lisias

11 hours ago, memery said:

Hi! New here lol.

No problems so far but can you tell me exactly how to properly make separate companion files too? I'm trying to do it for my BDA  missiles as well as other addons. I've been looking at the files and I know how to add tweakscale modules but I'd prefer making my own separate companion mod for it.

Separating TweakScale support from the target Add'On is a wise move - it decouples your Add'On from TweakScale's life-cycle and vice versa.

But inserting yourself on the TweakScale Companion may or may not be the best for you - the Companions aims to be "universal" and to be safe to be installed if the target add'on is not (i.e., it must be able to shutdown itself, without any collateral effects). They are also KSP version agnostic - the same package should be able to be installed from the very first KSP that run the very first version of your add'on to the latest of both.

Keep in mind that you do not need to cope with any of what follows unless you want your patches distributed under the TweakScale Companion™ brand. You are 100% entitled to write your own add'on under your own rules, just don't use "TweakScale Companion" on the name. "Memery's TweakScale patches for BDA" for example, or anything that suits you.

So, if you still wants to follow the TweakScale Companion™ way of life, or just wants to use it as a guideline for your own branding, in a nutshell:

• It must be smart to only apply itself when the target add'ons are installed
  • It must be yet more smart to hot load (or not!) any Assembly with hard dependencies
    • so if the target add'on is not installed, the thing are still safe to be present on the user's GameData without side effects (other than wasting a bit of memory and disk space)
  • The thing must be safe to be installed in any KSP from 1.3.1
    • I'm not saying it must support everything (it would be nice, but not mandatory), I'm saying that if the user install it on KSP 1.3.1, your Companion will just shutdown itself without breaking anything.
    • Really easy to accomplish on a patch only add'on, but a bit cumbersome when DLLs are involved.
  • It must be License compatible with the Companion Program ÜberPaket if you want your patches to be distributed on it.
    • See here.
      • Essentially, it guarantees a minimum (really minimum) set of rights to the end user and nothing more.
      • Anything beyound that, it's up to you to grant using another license.
    • It should be double licensed, so you can still use the License you like more
      • what I need is a legal mechanism to allow distributing your code/patches with mine.

It's not THAT HARD to do such on the worst case, and it's pretty easy to accomplish that on the easy ones.

This is the overall layout:

<KSP_ROOT>
	[GameData]
		[TweakScaleCompanion]
			[<TargetAddOn-Or-BundleName>]
				CHANGE_LOG.md
				LICENSE.SKL-1_0
				LICENSE.<whatever you decide>
				NOTICE
				README.md
				TweakScaleCompanion.<TargetAddOn-Or-BundleName>.version
				[Plugins]
					foo.dll
					bar.dll
					foobar.dll
					[PluginData]
						HotLoadFoo.dll
						HotLoadBar.dll
						HotLoadFooBar.dll
				[patches]
					000_cleanup.cfg
					001_CommonDefinitions.cfg
					010_ScaleTypes.cfg
					020_ScaleExponents.cfg
					030_ScaleBehaviours.cfg
					999_Finals-and-Lasts.cfg
					<TargetAddOn-Or-BundleName>.Aero.cfg
					<TargetAddOn-Or-BundleName>.Cargo.cfg
					yada yada yada

where <TargetAddOn-Or-BundleName> is the name of the thingy you are adding TweakScale support. I suggest using the same name used on the directory under GameData to prevent collisions if supporting other forks ends up being necessary later.

Let's assume the easiest task, a patch only Companion.  So you will not provide any DLLs on the package (so, no Plugins directory).

It's essentially the usual layout used on Add'Ons on KSP. Please note the need to allow me to redistribute the thingy under the TweakScale Companion™ License (that SKL 1.0 thingy) if you are aiming being distributed on it. Your additional licensing terms must be also present. Your README.md file should explain these details, and I suggest using my own READMEs as template. I strongly suggest adding a NOTICE file safeguarding your rights.

Things start to get interesting on the patches folder:

• 000_cleanup.cfg
    • For every part you patch, you need to clean it up from any TweakScale patch first.
    • This will prevent any deprecated patches from screwing up our lives.
    • See this file for an example.
    • Failing to do that will almost surely incur on many Support Requests later (mainly if there're already patches on the wild competing with yours).
      • It really worths the extra work of preventively cleaning up the parts before patching them!
        • Believe me. ;) 
  • 001_CommonDefinitions.cfg
    • Where you define some things that will be used by everybody, as additional bulkhead profiles or whaever.
    • You can omit it if you don't have anything to add on it, but once you publish it, you need to keep it alive even if empty to avoid left overs from older installations playing havoc as times goes by.
    • See this file as an example.
  • 010_ScaleTypes.cfg
    • Where you define your Scale Types. You may want to add your own instead of blindly thrusting TweakScale's, as I don't have the slightest idea about BDA's needs and idiosyncrasies, but most of the time you can walk away by just reusing mine.
    • You can omit it yada yada yada.
  • 020_ScaleExponents.cfg
    • Where you define the Scaling Exponents, i.e., the instructions about how to scale your custom PartModules.
      • Unless you are supporting  a parts only add'on, you must supply your own Scale Exponents or TweakScale will not be able to correctly do its job!
    • You can omit it yada yada yada.
  • 030_ScaleBehaviours.cfg
    • Where you define your custom behaviours. A Behaviour is a deviation of the standard defined by a Scale Type.
      • for example, on TweakScale Mass is always scaled cubicly, but some parts (as engines) are scaled by a 2.5 factor, and so a Behaviour for engines is needed.
  • 999_Finals-and-Lasts.cfg
    • Where you do overall fixes and adjustments on 3rd parties parts when needed.
  • <TargetAddOn-Or-BundleName>.Aero.cfg
    • Where the patching really goes.
    • I strongly recommend you to separate your patches mimicking the filenames or directories used by the original add'on, or some other reasonable criteria.
      • This makes maintaining patches way easier - for example, when something bad happens on an Aero part from Firespitter I know that the patch will be on Firespitter.Aero.cfg.
      • It also helps to prevent double patching, when the same part is patched in two different files because someone wrote a new patch but forgot the older one somewhere else.
    • The overal layout of a patch is:
      • @PART[<partname>]:NEEDS[<targetname>,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_<TargetAddOn-Or-BundleName>] // <Title of the part, as found on the Part.cfg or the Localization file>
        {
        	%MODULE[TweakScale]
        	{
        		yada yada yada
        	}
        }
    • See this web page for detailed instructions about how to write a TweakScale patch.
      • Part 1
      • Part 2
      • Part 3…  Uh… still Work In Progress… :blush:

In a way or another, whatever is the path you decide to go, ping me here and I will help if needed!

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
off cuorse, tyops!

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Falcon Aerospace said:

Tweakscale doesn't show up on neist air parts. I downloaded the Configs, but they still won't show.

Did you installed everything correctly? Things worked fine on my test bed. Send me your KSP.log, MMPatch.log and the ModuleManager.ConfigCache,  You will find the instructions on the TweakScale's OP, on the section Support:.

I should be able to diagnose the problem with these artefacts.

Don't bother, found the cause. A typo in the configs. It was working on my rig because I managed to install NeistAir with the Kraken damned typo!!!! #facepalm

Create a directory named "NestAir" on your GameData for while, I'm fixing the distribution and I will publish the fix in the next hours.

Sorry!

— — POST POST EDIT — — 

Worst!! I have it fixed already early this year!!!!  #facepalm² I completely forgot to publish it!! Damn!

(it wasn't even installed on my Acceptance Test Bed, I really forgot about it! damn!!!)

Ignore my last advice, install this thing and you will be fine:

https://github.com/TweakScale/Companion_AirCrafts/releases

— — POST POST POST EDIT — — 

Spoiler

I remember now. A few Companions need some new features available only on TweakScale 2.5, that was intended to be published earlier this year, but due some friction about CKAN I couldn't publish 2.5 as mainstream (migration from 2.4.x to 2.5.x need to be make gradually to avoid braking user's savegames), and this halted the whole program and then things started to happen on Day Job and I just didn't came back to the task since then. (sigh)

Edited by Lisias
POST POST EDIT

Announce!

TweakScale Companion for AirCrafts  0.2.0.0 RC is on the wild.

• Rebranding the whole thing to TweakScale Companion for AirCrafts
  • Reworking APP patches
  • Importing (and reworking) patches from the late Companion for NeistAir
  • New patches for:
    • MPR
    • SXT

Download here or in the OP.

The previously known TweakScale Companion for AirplanePlus was deprecated, and incorporated in the new TSCO for AirCrafts.

The previously known TweakScale Companion for NeistAir was deprecated, and new (fixed and improved) patches were incorporated on AirCrafts too.

Support for MPR (Moderately Plane Related) were added.

Revised and improved patched for SXT were incorporated, as TweakScale 2.5 will (hopefully) be published sometime in the near future and there's a chance that it will break really old patches (currently on the SXT's main distribution) - so having them on this Companion will guarantee a seamless migration.

I will keep this thing as PRE RELEASE for a week, to prevent causing borkage on the wild in the case I let something silly pass trough unchecked. Early adopters are welcome to trial it.

Cheers!

— — NOTAM — — 

I screwed up something on the new SXT patches, perhaps they are not finished yet - its' some time since I worked on it and I'm jumping tasks since them. In a way or another I removed them from this release while I (re)work them.

Edited by Lisias
NOTAM

On 9/30/2023 at 10:40 PM, Lisias said:

Announce!

TweakScale Companion for AirCrafts  0.2.0.0 RC is on the wild.

• Rebranding the whole thing to TweakScale Companion for AirCrafts
  • Reworking APP patches
  • Importing (and reworking) patches from the late Companion for NeistAir
  • New patches for:
    • MPR
    • SXT

The previously known TweakScale Companion for AirplanePlus was deprecated, and incorporated in the new TSCO for AirCrafts.

The previously known TweakScale Companion for NeistAir was deprecated, and new (fixed and improved) patches were incorporated on AirCrafts too.

Support for MPR (Moderately Plane Related) were added.

Revised and improved patched for SXT were incorporated, as TweakScale 2.5 will (hopefully) be published sometime in the near future and there's a chance that it will break really old patches (currently on the SXT's main distribution) - so having them on this Companion will guarantee a seamless migration.

I will keep this thing as PRE RELEASE for a week, to prevent causing borkage on the wild in the case I let something silly pass trough unchecked. Early adopters are welcome to trial it.

Cheers!

— — NOTAM — — 

I screwed up something on the new SXT patches, perhaps they are not finished yet - its' some time since I worked on it and I'm jumping tasks since them. In a way or another I removed them from this release while I (re)work them.

I downloaded the update, but it won't show up on the parts

1 hour ago, Falcon Aerospace said:

I downloaded the update, but it won't show up on the parts

Humm… I double checked the thing, fired up my KSP 1.12.5 test bed with only NeistAir, TweakScale (and dependencies) and the TSCO-AirCraft downloaded from the github (to be extra sure), and the thing worked.

So, now, it must be something on your rig.

Send me your KSP.log, MMPatch.log and the ModuleManager.ConfigCache so I can dig them looking for whatever gone South on your rig.

On 10/2/2023 at 6:29 PM, Lisias said:

TSCO-AirCraft

What is this?

Edit: added logs:

Ksp.log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n2S7k4F6w3_1saq0Y2YtBvBZLvY1qyeb/view?usp=drive_link

MMpatch.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kpd8amSQjmsep101BS9defe4I_jk6jyp/view?usp=drive_link

ModuleManager.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16U6RlMu8KmvOsMxTzsZUmIrvJCljGn9A/view?usp=drive_link

Edited by Falcon Aerospace

23 hours ago, Falcon Aerospace said:

What is this?

Half baked abreviation for TweakScale Companion for AirCrafts! :)

23 hours ago, Falcon Aerospace said:

I need authorisation to download them. As soon as you authorise me, I will check them!

Cheers!

21 hours ago, Falcon Aerospace said:

Done!

Spoiler

Humm… This is weird:

[WRN 17:44:45.780] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Bluedog_DB\Patches\mass_patch.cfg'.
[WRN 17:44:46.738] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\DecouplerShroud\Textures\ShroudTextureConfigs.cfg'.
[WRN 17:44:47.273] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Fox's Profiles\Fox-Secret.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:03.229] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NeistAir\Parts\Engine\TestEngineBucketReverse\EngineBREV.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:03.358] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NeistAir\Parts\Utility\25Door\25Door.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:09.888] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SXT\Patches\ModCompatibility\WIP\Nukes\NFE.cfg'.

There'r a lot of empty config nodes in your rig, some of them from addons that I now very well and know for sure that are delivered non empty - including a couple from NeistAir.

Your installation is damaged, you need to reinstall everything from scratch - Kraken knows what else are half installed of missing from your rig. Do you have enough space on your D: disk? You are using CKAN, and CKAN is not known for its resilience on handling errors.

Check your disk space, create some space if needed, and tell CKAN to reinstall everything from scratch as, frankly, you should not trust the current files on it. If you are using Steam, it would worth to check the files integrity too, just to be on the safe side.

In a way or another, I think you should ask CKAN's maintainers for help from this point. This, definitively, appears to be something wrong on CKAN.

— — POST EDIT — — 

I'm reexamining the issue, and realised that some patches from the TwealkScale Companion are, indeed, "empty". I sincerely thought I had already published the new versions, but as we can see, I didn't. The patches I found causing this false alarms were removed from the previous listing above and moved here for reference:

Spoiler

[WRN 17:45:11.012] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\ArcAerospace\patches\000_CleanUp.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.012] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\ArcAerospace\patches\001_CommonDefinitions.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.012] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\ArcAerospace\patches\010_ScaleTypes.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.013] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\ArcAerospace\patches\020_ScaleExponents.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.013] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\ArcAerospace\patches\030_ScaleBehaviors.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.018] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\MechJeb\patches\001_CommonDefinitions.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.018] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\MechJeb\patches\010_ScaleTypes.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.019] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\MechJeb\patches\020_ScaleExponents.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.020] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\MechJeb\patches\030_ScaleBehaviors.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.021] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\MechJeb\patches\MechJeb-Legacy_TweakScale.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.023] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\TarsierSpaceTech\patches\001_CommonDefinitions.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.024] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\TarsierSpaceTech\patches\010_ScaleTypes.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.025] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\TarsierSpaceTech\patches\030_ScaleBehaviors.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.026] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\TarsierSpaceTech\patches\TarsierSpaceTech-Legacy_TweakScale.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.029] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\OPT\Legacy\010_ScaleTypes.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.040] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\OPT\Main\patches\010_ScaleTypes.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.134] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Rockets\RealEngines\patches\000_CleanUp.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.134] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Rockets\RealEngines\patches\001_ScaleExponents.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.135] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Rockets\RealEngines\patches\RealEngines-Legacy_TweakScale.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.150] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\SMCE\LShipPartsRequired\patches\020_ScaleExponents.cfg'.

On a side note: I did fixed all of that! I just forgot to publish the fixes!!! DAMN!!

— — POST POST EDIT — — 

@Falcon Aerospace, I misdiagnosed your problem. CKAN is innocent on this one. One of the problems you have is that the TweakScale Companion for AirCrafts is installed on the wrong directly!

[LOG 17:53:10.880] Applying update AirCrafts/NAP/patches/NeistAir-Structural_TweakScale/@PART[CF34-8-TopMountPylon]:NEEDS[NeistAir,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_AirCrafts_NAP] to NeistAir/Parts/Engine/CF34-8/CF34-8-TopMountPylon.cfg/PART[CF34-8-TopMountPylon]

The TSCo-AirCrafts must be installed inside the TweakScaleCompanion directory - interesting enough, you have it in the right place too:

[LOG 17:53:24.120] Applying update TweakScaleCompanion/AirCrafts/NAP/patches/000_CleanUp/@PART[12NCS,14MST,18-06CurvyTail,18AN-24,18CB,18CBjr,18CD,18CF6,18CF6-TopMountPylon,18ConformalTank1]:BEFORE[TweakScaleCompanion_NAP] to NeistAir/Parts/Aero/12NCS/12NCS.cfg/PART[12NCS]

Completely remove the directory D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\AirCrafts and run KSP again. Then send me new KSP.log, MMPatch.log and ModuleManager.ConfigCache (note that I need the ConfigCache file in the GameData!) if the NeistAir Parts are still non scalable!

I fired up a 1.12.5 test bed with NeistAir and the whole TweakScaleCompanion thingy (and TweakScale, of course). Indeed, there're a lot of valid "Cannot create config from file" messages (i.e., I didn't fixed all of that as I was thinking), but other than being extremely annoying (not to mention making a fool of me), they are harmless. But since the current TweakScale Companion UberPacket wasn't updated yet with the NeistAir fixed patches, obvioulsy the NAP parts are not scaled.

You need to download and install the latest revision for AirCrafts that you will find here: 

But you need to install it properly. Copy the whole TweakScaleCompanion directory on the zip on your GameData, including the TweakScaleCompanion directory itself. Or copy the contents of the zip's TweakScaleCompanion directory into your GameData/TweakScaleCompanion . The result will be the same.

Overwrite any previously existing files.

I will update the UberPacket ASAP - pending Real Life™ and Day Job© agreement… :/ 

Edited by Lisias
I had misdiagnosed the problem. Doing the job right this time.

14 hours ago, Lisias said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Humm… This is weird:

[WRN 17:44:45.780] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Bluedog_DB\Patches\mass_patch.cfg'.
[WRN 17:44:46.738] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\DecouplerShroud\Textures\ShroudTextureConfigs.cfg'.
[WRN 17:44:47.273] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Fox's Profiles\Fox-Secret.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:03.229] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NeistAir\Parts\Engine\TestEngineBucketReverse\EngineBREV.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:03.358] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NeistAir\Parts\Utility\25Door\25Door.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:09.888] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SXT\Patches\ModCompatibility\WIP\Nukes\NFE.cfg'.

There'r a lot of empty config nodes in your rig, some of them from addons that I now very well and know for sure that are delivered non empty - including a couple from NeistAir.

Your installation is damaged, you need to reinstall everything from scratch - Kraken knows what else are half installed of missing from your rig. Do you have enough space on your D: disk? You are using CKAN, and CKAN is not known for its resilience on handling errors.

Check your disk space, create some space if needed, and tell CKAN to reinstall everything from scratch as, frankly, you should not trust the current files on it. If you are using Steam, it would worth to check the files integrity too, just to be on the safe side.

In a way or another, I think you should ask CKAN's maintainers for help from this point. This, definitively, appears to be something wrong on CKAN.

— — POST EDIT — — 

I'm reexamining the issue, and realised that some patches from the TwealkScale Companion are, indeed, "empty". I sincerely thought I had already published the new versions, but as we can see, I didn't. The patches I found causing this false alarms were removed from the previous listing above and moved here for reference:

Reveal hidden contents

[WRN 17:45:11.012] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\ArcAerospace\patches\000_CleanUp.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.012] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\ArcAerospace\patches\001_CommonDefinitions.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.012] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\ArcAerospace\patches\010_ScaleTypes.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.013] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\ArcAerospace\patches\020_ScaleExponents.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.013] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\ArcAerospace\patches\030_ScaleBehaviors.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.018] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\MechJeb\patches\001_CommonDefinitions.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.018] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\MechJeb\patches\010_ScaleTypes.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.019] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\MechJeb\patches\020_ScaleExponents.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.020] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\MechJeb\patches\030_ScaleBehaviors.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.021] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\MechJeb\patches\MechJeb-Legacy_TweakScale.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.023] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\TarsierSpaceTech\patches\001_CommonDefinitions.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.024] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\TarsierSpaceTech\patches\010_ScaleTypes.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.025] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\TarsierSpaceTech\patches\030_ScaleBehaviors.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.026] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Multipass\TarsierSpaceTech\patches\TarsierSpaceTech-Legacy_TweakScale.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.029] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\OPT\Legacy\010_ScaleTypes.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.040] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\OPT\Main\patches\010_ScaleTypes.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.134] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Rockets\RealEngines\patches\000_CleanUp.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.134] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Rockets\RealEngines\patches\001_ScaleExponents.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.135] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\Rockets\RealEngines\patches\RealEngines-Legacy_TweakScale.cfg'.
[WRN 17:45:11.150] Cannot create config from file 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScaleCompanion\SMCE\LShipPartsRequired\patches\020_ScaleExponents.cfg'.

On a side note: I did fixed all of that! I just forgot to publish the fixes!!! DAMN!!

— — POST POST EDIT — — 

@Falcon Aerospace, I misdiagnosed your problem. CKAN is innocent on this one. One of the problems you have is that the TweakScale Companion for AirCrafts is installed on the wrong directly!

[LOG 17:53:10.880] Applying update AirCrafts/NAP/patches/NeistAir-Structural_TweakScale/@PART[CF34-8-TopMountPylon]:NEEDS[NeistAir,TweakScale]:FOR[TweakScaleCompanion_AirCrafts_NAP] to NeistAir/Parts/Engine/CF34-8/CF34-8-TopMountPylon.cfg/PART[CF34-8-TopMountPylon]

The TSCo-AirCrafts must be installed inside the TweakScaleCompanion directory - interesting enough, you have it in the right place too:

[LOG 17:53:24.120] Applying update TweakScaleCompanion/AirCrafts/NAP/patches/000_CleanUp/@PART[12NCS,14MST,18-06CurvyTail,18AN-24,18CB,18CBjr,18CD,18CF6,18CF6-TopMountPylon,18ConformalTank1]:BEFORE[TweakScaleCompanion_NAP] to NeistAir/Parts/Aero/12NCS/12NCS.cfg/PART[12NCS]

Completely remove the directory D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\AirCrafts and run KSP again. Then send me new KSP.log, MMPatch.log and ModuleManager.ConfigCache (note that I need the ConfigCache file in the GameData!) if the NeistAir Parts are still non scalable!

I fired up a 1.12.5 test bed with NeistAir and the whole TweakScaleCompanion thingy (and TweakScale, of course). Indeed, there're a lot of valid "Cannot create config from file" messages (i.e., I didn't fixed all of that as I was thinking), but other than being extremely annoying (not to mention making a fool of me), they are harmless. But since the current TweakScale Companion UberPacket wasn't updated yet with the NeistAir fixed patches, obvioulsy the NAP parts are not scaled.

You need to download and install the latest revision for AirCrafts that you will find here: 

But you need to install it properly. Copy the whole TweakScaleCompanion directory on the zip on your GameData, including the TweakScaleCompanion directory itself. Or copy the contents of the zip's TweakScaleCompanion directory into your GameData/TweakScaleCompanion . The result will be the same.

Overwrite any previously existing files.

I will update the UberPacket ASAP - pending Real Life™ and Day Job© agreement… :/ 

I have a question. There is already a Tweakscale patch in the Niestair MM_Patches file. What is this, and what do I do with this.

Edit: nvm, this was not an issue

also, thanks for the install instructions, It works now

Edited by Falcon Aerospace

11 hours ago, Falcon Aerospace said:

8 hours ago, Falcon Aerospace said:

I have a question. There is already a Tweakscale patch in the Niestair MM_Patches file. What is this, and what do I do with this.

Edit: nvm, this was not an issue

also, thanks for the install instructions, It works now

Just to clarify, the TSCo-AirCrafts is capable to remove that patches and inject its own in their place.

Your previous installation didn't worked as intended because the rogue copy of the NAP patches ended up being applied before the TSCo correctly installed (but older and borked) ones, and when the later was applied, it replaced the good patches with its borked ones

My initial confusion was due the "Cannot create config from file" messages related to all that TSCo patches. I spent a good amount of time early this year fixing them, but I got a serious issue on Day Job© in the mean time and ended up forgetting to… publish them! :blush: So I got myself in a self confirmation bias thinking that messages were due the files themselves being zero sized instead (what's exactly what happens when CKAN used to bork when installing things on a full disk).

Way later that little voice inside my head (the other two are on PSL :P) started to pesky me about I missing something and so I double checked, and realised that I didn't published that fixes yet, and so your problem should be something else.

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
Tyop! Surprised?

• 3 weeks later...

Announce!

New release 2023.10.21.0 for the TweakScale Companion ÜberPaket with everything (and the kitchen's sink) included for the lazy installers !! :sticktongue:

Updates the Companions:

• Aircrafts to 0.2
  • Frameworks to 0.4.0.2
  • Firespitter to 1.3.0.1
  • KIAS to 1.1
  • Multipass to 0.1
  • OPT to 0.0.1.1
  • Rockets to 0.0.2
  • SMCE to 0.0.2

See the project's main page to details.

Your attention please

• Completely remove all the previous contents in the GameData/TweakScaleCompanion directory, or you will trigger some FATALities on TweakScale's Sanity Checks!
  • This thingy needs TweakScale v2.4.7 or superior to work

Sooner also available on CurseForge and SpaceDock.

• 3 weeks later...

Announce!

New release 2023.10.21.1  2023.10.21.2 for the TweakScale Companion ÜberPaket with everything (and the kitchen's sink) included for the lazy installers !! :sticktongue:

Updates the Companions:

• Frameworks to 0.4.0.3

See the project's main page to details.

Your attention please

• Completely remove all the previous contents in the GameData/TweakScaleCompanion directory, or you will trigger some FATALities on TweakScale's Sanity Checks!
  • This thingy needs TweakScale v2.4.7 or superior to work

Sooner also available on CurseForge and SpaceDock.

Edited by Lisias
2023.10.21.1 was published with the wrong metadata. Fixed

Howdy, Lisias. I'm getting a Tweakscale Warning and AVC seems to think the TweakScale Companion for Firespitter is not up to date, this immediately after erasing the GameData/TweakScale Companion directory and the module manager cache prior to installing the latest version (2023.10.21.2) of the TweakScale Companion "UberPaket".

izG4ytD.png

(GIMPed together an image with as much of the relevant data in it as I could get). And here's my log file; didn't do anything besides fire up the game to see if any borked. Says to report it, so I am. Any idea what's up?

1 hour ago, capi3101 said:

Howdy, Lisias. I'm getting a Tweakscale Warning and AVC seems to think the TweakScale Companion for Firespitter is not up to date, this immediately after erasing the GameData/TweakScale Companion directory and the module manager cache prior to installing the latest version (2023.10.21.2) of the TweakScale Companion "UberPaket".

Great. I probably screwed it, I will check ASAP . Thanks for the heads up!

1 hour ago, capi3101 said:

And here's my log file; didn't do anything besides fire up the game to see if any borked. Says to report it, so I am. Any idea what's up?

Found it:

[LOG 11:29:54.815] [TweakScale] ERROR: part=SAE.tfj.229.avc (TFJ-229 "Talon" Afterburning Turbofan) Exception on Sanity Checks: System.Nul
lReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ConfigNode.CopyToRecursive (ConfigNode node, System.Boolean overwrite) [0x00000] in <0435390348b6470d8166bd1c53b4b100>:0
  at ConfigNode.CopyToRecursive (ConfigNode node, System.Boolean overwrite) [0x0014a] in <0435390348b6470d8166bd1c53b4b100>:0
  at ConfigNode.CopyToRecursive (ConfigNode node, System.Boolean overwrite) [0x0014a] in <0435390348b6470d8166bd1c53b4b100>:0
  at ConfigNode.CreateCopy () [0x00006] in <0435390348b6470d8166bd1c53b4b100>:0
  at GameDatabase.GetConfigNode (System.String url) [0x0002f] in <0435390348b6470d8166bd1c53b4b100>:0
  at TweakScale.PrefabDryCostWriter.GetMeThatConfigNode (Part p) [0x0002a] in <8e463f0c7a754587854563c7c6517452>:0
  at TweakScale.PrefabDryCostWriter.checkForOverrules (Part p) [0x00000] in <8e463f0c7a754587854563c7c6517452>:0
  at TweakScale.PrefabDryCostWriter+<WriteDryCost>d__3.MoveNext () [0x00417] in <8e463f0c7a754587854563c7c6517452>:0  at error:0

That's weird. Last time I got something like that, it was way back there on the 1.4.x times when Making History was introduced and screwed TweakScale due concurrent access to prefab on the Main Menu. I solved the problem by doing the checks before starting a game by the first time.

Assuming there's no one screwing with TweakScale again, what we would have is a screwed part config in memory, and this happens dure some problems on Module Manager being instantiated more than once due (unsurprisingly!) one of the many bugs on KSP.

But the trigger I know for this problem is a CPU with asymmetric cores, that e-core and p-core stunt and your i7-10750H is not one of them. Damn. So it must be something on the prefab. I ended up finding this:

[LOG 11:24:53.679] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part '' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:24:53.680] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part 'SAE_tfj_229_avc' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it
[LOG 11:24:53.680] [AtmosphereAutopilot]: part '' config node contains ModuleGimbal, moving it

What's pretty suspicious, as every part should have a name and it must be unique.

Send me your ModuleManager.ConfigCache, I need to see exactly what's in your prefab.

12 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Absolutely nothing wrong, the partConfig after patched is flawless. There's something wrong happening at runtime for sure. Now the problem is diagnosing what. This CopyToRecursive problem is plaguing KSP for ages.

I handled that once on TweakScale, this happens when we have a PART with name = "". And since we have a lot of complains about "part ''" on your log, it fits.

Problem is that I don't have the slightest idea about who, where and when this huge amount of parts with name = "" is being created on your rig. And analysing your ConfigCache I found 1622 "name" entries with empty strings!

Checking again your ConfigCache, I found:

UrlConfig
{
	parentUrl = ColdWarAerospace/Parts/Command/Helix-A_Cockpit/Helix-A_Cockpit.cfg
	PART
	{
		name = Helix-A_Cockpit
		module = Part
		author = L0ck0n
		<yadda, yadda, yadda!!
}
UrlConfig
{
	parentUrl = ColdWarAerospace/Parts/Command/Helix-A_Cockpit/Helix-A_Cockpit.cfg
	PART
	{
		name = 
		module = Part
		author = L0ck0n
		<yadda, yadda, yadda!!
}

And this pattern is being repeated for every single PART in your game. Oukey, you are royally screwed, but at least we now know what and where - now we need to find when and who.

Checking again your KSP.log, it finally caught my attention that every single part was being patched twice, what's a symptom of having multiple Module Managers running. Since your CPU is not prone to that KSP bug when running on asymmetric CPUs, my best bet is you having more than one MM copy in your rig.

HOWEVER… You have Module Manager Watch Dog installed, and it would had barked on you about this problem, and I didn't found any rogue DLL on your KSP.log neither.

Damn.

Well, so I looked for anything I historically know to play havoc on the system, and found this:

[LOG 11:22:57.017] MiniAVC-V2 -> Executing: MiniAVC-V2 - 2.0.0.0
[LOG 11:22:57.017] MiniAVC-V2 -> Assembly: C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS\Plugins\MiniAVC-V2.dll
[LOG 11:22:57.017] MiniAVC-V2 -> Config not found: C:/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/MiniAVCUpdateFrequency.dat
[LOG 11:22:57.023] MiniAVC -> Executing: MiniAVC - 1.0.3.2
[LOG 11:22:57.023] MiniAVC -> Assembly: C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WorldStabilizer\Plugins\MiniAVC.dll
[LOG 11:22:57.023] MiniAVC -> Starter was created.

MiniAVC is known to inject some problems on KSP in the past, so perhaps this is the problem now?

Remove all instances of MiniAVC and see if the problem goes away.

Edited by Lisias
tyops, tyops, tyops everywehre!!!

16 hours ago, Lisias said:

MiniAVC is known to inject some problems on KSP in the past, so perhaps this is the problem now?

Remove all instances of MiniAVC and see if the problem goes away.

Took me a while to remember how to use the command prompt to search for things; Windows Explorer search is stupid...

Anyway, for good measure I went ahead and got ZeroMiniAVC installed on my build. Here's the state of things right now -

E4QcQdP.png

I can only find the single instance of MiniAVC anywhere in my build, and at this point it should be nonfunctional, right? Or do I need to go into the WorldStabilizer directory and actually delete that dll entirely?

Didn't notice any effect. Latest log file.

EDIT: I did note this little tidbit in the CHANGES.md file in Precise Node:

1.2.4, 2016-10-15
- Updated for KSP 1.2.0.
- Please note that the 32-bit version of KSP will no longer be supported.

1.2.3, 2016-05-02
- Updated for KSP 1.1.2.
- Now uses KSP-AVC for version checking. If KSP-AVC is not installed, the bundled
  MiniAVC will be used.

1.2.2, 2016-04-21
- Updated for KSP 1.1.0.

That's a bit old, and there is no MiniAVC files in the PreciseNode directory. But, would it be possible for an instance to be hidden within the PreciseNode.dll file itself? If so, I could try disabling PreciseNode to see what happens.

Edited by capi3101
thought of something.

3 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Didn't notice any effect. Latest log file.

I found the problem. Dude, this one is a new for me!

[LOG 09:18:31.667] Config(+PART[]) ModeratelyPlaneRelated/Compatibility/SAE_BetaPart_Compatibility/+PART[]
<...>
[LOG 09:16:44.555] Applying copy ModeratelyPlaneRelated/Compatibility/SAE_BetaPart_Compatibility/+PART[] to B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings/Parts/Aero_Wing_Procedural/wing_
procedural_typeA.cfg/PART[B9_Aero_Wing_Procedural_TypeA]
[LOG 09:16:44.555] Applying copy ModeratelyPlaneRelated/Compatibility/SAE_BetaPart_Compatibility/+PART[] to B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings/Parts/Aero_Wing_Procedural/wing_
procedural_typeB.cfg/PART[B9_Aero_Wing_Procedural_TypeB]
<...>
[LOG 09:16:58.921] Applying update WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Skills/@PART[*]:NEEDS[Pathfinder]:HAS[!MODULE[KerbalEVA],!MODULE[ModuleAsteroid]] to ModeratelyPlaneRelated/Parts/Engine/caesar_hone_75_tvn__TALON/tfj_229.cfg/PART[SAE_tfj_229_avc]
[LOG 09:16:58.922] Applying update WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Skills/@PART[*]:NEEDS[Pathfinder]:HAS[!MODULE[KerbalEVA],!MODULE[ModuleAsteroid]] to ModeratelyPlaneRelated/Parts/Engine/caesar_hone_75_tvn__TALON/tfj_229.cfg/PART[]

All your problems started after applying a patch from ModeratelyPlaneRelated . 

I'm afraid you will need to remove ModeratelyPlaneRelated to have a wealthy KSP again. I also suggest you apply a bug report to them - TweakScale may be the one complaining now, but you can bet your SAS this is affecting more people, just check how many reports for this problem you have only here on Forum!

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

I found the problem. Dude, this one is a new for me!

[LOG 09:18:31.667] Config(+PART[]) ModeratelyPlaneRelated/Compatibility/SAE_BetaPart_Compatibility/+PART[]
<...>
procedural_typeA.cfg/PART[B9_Aero_Wing_Procedural_TypeA]
procedural_typeB.cfg/PART[B9_Aero_Wing_Procedural_TypeB]
<...>
[LOG 09:16:58.921] Applying update WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Skills/@PART[*]:NEEDS[Pathfinder]:HAS[!MODULE[KerbalEVA],!MODULE[ModuleAsteroid]] to ModeratelyPlaneRelated/Parts/Engine/caesar_hone_75_tvn__TALON/tfj_229.cfg/PART[SAE_tfj_229_avc]
[LOG 09:16:58.922] Applying update WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Skills/@PART[*]:NEEDS[Pathfinder]:HAS[!MODULE[KerbalEVA],!MODULE[ModuleAsteroid]] to ModeratelyPlaneRelated/Parts/Engine/caesar_hone_75_tvn__TALON/tfj_229.cfg/PART[]

All your problems started after applying a patch from ModeratelyPlaneRelated . 

I'm afraid you will need to remove ModeratelyPlaneRelated to have a wealthy KSP again. I also suggest you apply a bug report to them - TweakScale may be the one complaining now, but you can bet your SAS this is affecting more people, just check how many reports for this problem you have only here on Forum!

Alright, much obliged. I had that one installed for the Runway Project anyway so I'll be happy to be rid of it now that I'm back to regular play again (did seasons 4-5 of Runway Project and while I enjoyed season 4, season 5 made me want to cry a lot. In fairness though, I had gotten a whole lot busier by then).

I might be able to contact those folks through Discord.

Thanks for the help; I'll let you know if anything else turns up wonky.

Request for Better SRB support. It basically works if you do not change the default grain geometry/ slots (thrust profile). Only default 8-slot works or stock size; can't change both. 

Changing slots results in engine reverting to thrust for the original engine size after reloading the ship. It still looks like the tweaked size and has the tweaked fuel quantity and mass but has stock thrust. Burn time seems to scale proportionally for the thrust and fuel.

For example a Thoroughbred changed to 6-slot and 3.75m (in that order) initially shows about 7000 kN and 72s burn. That's incorrect, showing values for 8-slot. After removing and reattaching it shows 6-slot values 4879kN and 90s.  After reloading the ship it's about 1600kN (same as 2.5m size) and 5 minutes burn time. Launch test confirms reduced thrust (and it certainly won't make orbit with 1/3 thrust)

7 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

Request for Better SRB support.

Oukey, this one took me some time to understand - my initial understanding was that you wanted me to enhance the current SRB support somehow, but I was getting confused about what you were talking about grain et all.

Then I finally remembered this

:)

https://github.com/TweakScale/Companion_Rockets/issues/13

5 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

That's the one. Sorry... I assumed you knew every mod for KSP :confused: 

Well, now I'm one more mod near the goal!! :)

December is coming, things will start to happen in a few weeks.

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
Hit 'save" too soon.