[1.12.4] OhScrap! (OHS) A ScrapYard (SYD) based Part Failure and Reliability Mod - 2.2.99.0-prerelease `<允许降落伞损坏>` edition [28 Dec 2022

zer0Kerbal

The mod is good enough, though there is not enough visualization of the effects of a fuel leak so that it does not just disappear from the tank, but flows out and it can be seen. I would also like the chassis to freeze in its position when it breaks, as they did in the EVA Repairs mod. This will add more realism to the game ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/11/2023 at 5:43 PM, epicpupster239 said:

Mod returns an error when trying to repair an object, objects irreperable

Kindly submit Issue on GitHub including KSP.log and ModuleManager.configcache

1 hour ago, authorizeduser said:

Great concept but far too punitive and unrealistic. Is there any way to modify the failure rates?

Yes. Using a MM patch or directly editing the individual files located at `GameData/OhScrap/Compatability` (MM patch better because each new version of OhScrap! would overwrite changes)

e.g.

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleAlternator]]:NEEDS[OhScrap,ScrapYard]:FOR[OhScrap]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = AlternatorFailureModule
        baseChanceOfFailure = 0.11
        expectedLifetime = 6
    }
}

• 3 weeks later...

There is a bug when repairing parts with an engineer on EVA. OhScrap.ModuleUPFMEvents.RepairFailCheck throws a NullReferenceException.  I think its to do with the if statement on line 215 of ModuleUPFMEvents.cs (2.2.99.0) because the error happens regardless of if the modifiers list to FailureRepairSkill exists (regardless of if the logic in 215 is true or not) but does not happen with crew that aren't engineers (bug occurs after entering the if statement at 213). its possible I did not remove the modifiers list to FailureRepairSkill because I don't really know what I am doing so 217 and 218 should still be considered suspect. I have some other mods going and I am on version 2.2.0.0 with KSP 1.12.5. I can do more trouble shooting if this isn't enough to point in the right direction. I did look to make sure another mod wasn't messing with FailureRepairSkill but I *think* its just this mod and stock game. I also might try to get your code in VS so I can add some debug lines but don't count on it, I am a big noob at C# and VS let alone KSP plugins.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello there!

I really love this mod, its just that I have a few issues (which might also be due to me not understanding the mod properly though)

Especially when using solid rocket boosters I often have the problem that they fail to ignite and I am not really sure how to solve this. Especially with solid fuel I often don't bother with making the stage reusable so I have no real way to test them before the final launch and I don't want to stop using solid boosters completely.

Any Idea on how to fix this?

I was thinking that maybe there is some sort of pre-launch check that I can do and that I just missed it, but I really have no Idea :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there an easy way to make the part failures show up in the flight log? I'm trying to do a career playthrough with only IVA (using raster prop monitor), and I can't find anyway to see what part failed and in what way. This would make the flight log actually useful.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to identify in the SPH or VAB which parts are damaged to replace or how to repair them. I have to sell and rebuild a new plane every time since they are not repaired in the hangar. Defeats the whole point of recovery and not having to rebuild/pay for a new plane. 

On 4/10/2024 at 8:53 AM, CubertFarnsworth said:

Does anyone know how to identify in the SPH or VAB which parts are damaged to replace or how to repair them. I have to sell and rebuild a new plane every time since they are not repaired in the hangar. Defeats the whole point of recovery and not having to rebuild/pay for a new plane.

I don't know about repairs, but you can edit the vehicle via the KCT menu, and then tell the part to be replaced with a new one.

Edited by Micro753

• 2 weeks later...