KASA (Complete!)

1 hour ago, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

i checked your mod list and you have KSC Extended and Kopernicus, when i last checked the latest version it worked in was 1.8.1

I didn't include Kopernicus in my 1.9 install, it's not updated yet. KSC Extended has been confirmed to work in 1.9. I think it's really just a RAM issue, because my RAM might be full. 

42 minutes ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

Well, use Viking for Mungate's replacement! Then you can use Mariner for Minmus! (although that might be better suited for Duna, actually)

I like the sound of that! 

I tried to (again) boot up 1.9, but it always gets stuck on 001 Kerbal Actuators. I tried removing it, but it still gets stuck. Also, when I force quit it, it just freezes and I have to restart to get it to go away. Aaaarrrrggghhhhh! For now I'm just sticking with my 1.7 install. :(

I'm sorry for keeping you guys in the cold lately, but I've had a few problems with my computer. Thankfully, it's all fixed now. I'm almost done with the X-5, as soon as I get it fixed I'll update ya'll. (I'm Texan okay? Why you bully me?)

Anyways, i thought to make it up to you guys, I'd include some pictures:

https://imgur.com/gallery/aEZx35t

Edited by Misguided_Kerbal

1 minute ago, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

btw i saw kopernicus in your mod list, but kopernicus got forked and updated to 1.9.x

I know, it's not Kopernicus that's the problem. You know what, I can finally start that JNSQ save I wanted to though!

On 4/7/2020 at 4:42 PM, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Mod List:

Reveal hidden contents

ASET

Scatterer

EVE

KS3P

OSSNTR

Chatterer

Restock

Restock+

Kerbinside Remastered

SVE

KSC Extended

Tundra's Space Center

Kerbal Konstructs

JSI (RPM)

OSUV

Astrogator

CTT

Tweakscale

Nebula Decals

Community Category Kit

Engine Lighting Relit

Modular Launchpads

Animated Decouplers

KIS

BonVoyage

KAS

B9 Part Switch

Vapor Vent

Collision FX

Airplane Plus

SSPXR

CRP

Deployable Engines

Reentry Particle Effect

CryoTanks

Firespitter

Mk3 Airliner

Dynamic Battery Storage

Wild Blue Industries (Kerbal Actuators, Kerbal Komets)

Mark IV Spaceplane

Benjee 10 Shared Assets

Near Future Propulsion

Near Future Exploration

Habtech 2

Near Future Spacecraft

Near Future Aeronautics

Near Future Props

Kerbal Atomics

TriggerTech (Kerbal Alarm Clock)

Custom Prelaunch Checks

Hullcam VDS

Near Future Electrical

CryoEngines

OPT Spaceplane

Kopernicus

Advanced Textures

Near Future Solar

Planetshine

Modular Flight Integrator

Destruction Effects

Kopernicus Expansion

Near Future Launch Vehicles

NavyFish (Docking Port Alignment Indicator)

Trajectories

USI Tools

Distant Object Enhancement

USI (Heavily modified, only keeping the floats)

SVT

Universal Storage 2

Mechjeb

X-20 Moroz

Aviation Lights

Note: This is me reading straight from my GameData folder. Yes, this includes all the dependencies.

Did I mention that I'm killing my Macbook? :wink:

so, your mac book dying?

also some mods still not compatible with 1.9

X-4-ES-94 and X-5: The A in KASA (Aeronautics of course. Not Agency!)

While the VAB was working on the CTV+, the engineers at the SPH bought a ES-94 Dart spaceplane for testing purposes.

Spoiler

5mlEiN4.png

4c4OKoq.png

XxKJod9.png

8ta4vzi.png

otUlxd8.png

UnufXwc.png

ziyQZRT.png

ONJ4i3K.png

OWSaQUZ.png

mMtgGiZ.png

CPAOTf0.png

X3Gwp2z.png

n5dNlPa.png

RouqGTh.png

Oas2KM7.png

zpxutQW.png

Oj04fZ2.png

a1czi7K.png

XbHQpD6.png

j6ZxpM0.png

JNqs6CL.png

68zprQ4.png

MqUtmrS.png

p1bjbk3.png

HlZKD6g.png

ibzyJqS.png

6A8Fvar.png

tsOk8E9.png

uG1Z5fK.png

PSROM6G.png

However, the X-4 didn't make up to what it said it did. In fact, it failed to even reach an apoapsis of 70km. The engineers attributed this to either defects in the aircraft or Valentina's shoddy flying (of course, Jeb claimed that it was Valentina's shoddy flying, and that they should have sent him instead.)

In a few days time, the SPH rolled out a shiny new prototype: the X-5. The X-5 combined things from both the successful X-1.2 and the X-4, and looked sleek. However, in the simulations, it had a few problems, and the engineers hoped that a flight of the new, improved model would work.

Spoiler

ts7Kzhr.png

1D8R2fw.png

H9ZWmpw.png

rjT90eQ.png

aOuAIE8.png

xnnvEQ4.png

a9Q36C0.png

s2KfzMy.png

K7kOuqf.png

ZUniq9l.png

HeJ19pS.png

mPFTjn9.png

tWO9qqy.png

PRWqpI5.png

cPU05LU.png

QshIaNj.png

BGGQjWb.png

aKFAaYx.png

s9aijtm.png

mfNmXov.png

xEknfRz.png

j434BZ4.png

U05b7am.png

lVzKO7n.png

4qBagcG.png

hJG43qm.png

C9YpBsD.png

WPvBkFq.png

obMElEh.png

VAQr9Jh.png

EI7RsDU.png

sNn6w7B.png

gDDeBOx.png

ccJtiyR.png

bF40beB.png

j2zzJwy.png

K76XeHc.png

6ExXrbD.png

JDbEW4F.png

The X-5 gracefully skipped into the air and achieved orbit with an acceptable margin. Valentina took this time to snap a few pictures from the cockpit. Deorbit and reentry were also picture perfect. In fact, a bit too perfect and slow for Valentina's liking, so she pushed the X-5 into a deep dive. It performed well, and landed safely. 

Spoiler

Sorry for this being a long time coming, the X-5 had some major defects that I had to work out first, and even though we're in quarantine, my KSP time is still limited to about 30 mins - 1 hour a day. Once again, I'm sorry.

13 hours ago, The Flying Kerbal said:

Good posts Misguided_Kerbal, and you seem to have a flair for making really cool looking rockets.

Your aircraft are really good too, although as I totally suck at anything to do with them I tend not to be as interested in them as I do rockets.

Wow, thanks! I don't really think I'm that good at making aircraft though, I looked at a lot of other people's designs before making the X-5, and the first iteration failed so much. But before I downplay myself too much, I would just like to say thanks for the compliments!

On 6/15/2020 at 10:35 PM, Misguided_Kerbal said:

I didn't include Kopernicus in my 1.9 install, it's not updated yet. KSC Extended has been confirmed to work in 1.9. I think it's really just a RAM issue, because my RAM might be full. 

I like the sound of that! 

did i forget to mention kopernicus took longer to update because the last maintainer @Thomas P. dropped out and the mod got forked and updated to 1.9

Hope 1 (Eeloo 1) End of Mission: Last stop on the frontier

While everything else was happening, Eeloo 1 finally reached the end of its lonely trek to Eeloo (or so the engineers thought). In reality, it was too far out from Eeloo's SOI for capture, so it was decided to rename it as Hope 1. Hope 1 set its course onto a Kerbol escape.

Spoiler

K2m3fx3.png

gGZTCuC.png

Sr1g9nx.png

NYJkJn1.png

QKvlyES.png

N8ITgcz.png

bzwcPOM.png

Hope 1 successfully did the burn. It also finally discarded its transfer stage, making that the farthest piece of Kerbal debris ever too!

Spoiler

You might be wondering why I took so long, and why I posted so little. Well, I'm finally migrating to 1.9.1, so I'm a bit busy these days. 

4 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Great! I'm almost done updating to 1.9.1

So umm... bad news. KASA doesn't work in 1.9.1, and I think I corrupted the save. And stupid me didn't backup it. So yeah... oops. On the bright side, I'm starting a new JNSQ save. Ok I should shut up now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.